Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars missing from parking lots- is it a glitch?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
zappergta4
Some cars and bikes that I have parked properly inside the yellow parking lot at the safehouse randomly disappear. I lost the Comet that Brucie gifts Niko after winning the first race. Is there any way to regain the Comet?
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(zappergta4 @ Feb 16 2009, 07:29 PM) [snapback]1484306[/snapback]
Some cars and bikes that I have parked properly inside the yellow parking lot at the safehouse randomly disappear. I lost the Comet that Brucie gifts Niko after winning the first race. Is there any way to regain the Comet?

I had a coupler of vehicle disappear like that in the PS3 version so it might not be with the PC version only. I noticed something else with the PS3 version that might be the same with the PC version compared to the XBox 360 version. When I was playing the XBox 360 version, when I passed somebody in a car whether they were on foot or in a car, when I press the stick to get a rear view look, whoever it was was still there. With the PS3 version they sometimes suddenly disappeared. It was as if they disappeared after passing me a second later. I remember GTA 3 had that problem all the times with all versions. It was annoying when I was chasing somebody and when I passed them and I turned around, they were gone where I lost them.
zappergta4
Yes WHERE_IS_MIANUS, it is very annoying.
Muttley
One of the things i did notice is I parked a Turismo outisde the safehouse you get from Playboy X. When i left it it was parked nice and square in the parking space and a while later when i came to save my game there it was half out of the box and pointing 45 degrees into the street.

Best guess for losing cars then is that as we all no nobody (least of all Niko) can drive for more than a mile without hitting something and your cars are getting punted out of their parking spaces and lost when the game loads a different section of the map.
The Awesome One
sadly,it does it on all versions.
zappergta4
The game advises to store only two vehicles in the parking space. But I had seen this video somewhere on the web that showed how to save up to six cars. Only one wheel needs to be within the yellow mark, it claimed. But I found that it works only for a single save. Upon loading next time all or some cars are missing.

Now I save only two and they remain there. But one time I found my infernus & NRG900 missing. So I loaded a previous save and they were there. I did not want to lose the infernus.
6 shooter
QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 1 2009, 11:26 AM) [snapback]1487882[/snapback]

Yup. Unfortunately it does.

I'm playing GTA IV on Xbox360 and the trick 'park at least one wheel inside the yelow marker thing' never works - one vehicle is always missing after I turn off the console (usually the most precious one).

Recently, the game deleted my Sentinel GT from Alderney parking space, even though there was only one more car parked there, and both cars had ALL wheels inside the yellow parking zone.

I assume this is a part of GTA "keeping it real" - after stealing so many cars, you got robbed of your wheels, too wink.gif
The Awesome One
QUOTE(6 shooter @ Mar 13 2009, 10:13 AM) [snapback]1490023[/snapback]
QUOTE(therealcbc @ Mar 1 2009, 11:26 AM) [snapback]1487882[/snapback]

Yup. Unfortunately it does.

I'm playing GTA IV on Xbox360 and the trick 'park at least one wheel inside the yelow marker thing' never works - one vehicle is always missing after I turn off the console (usually the most precious one).

Recently, the game deleted my Sentinel GT from Alderney parking space, even though there was only one more car parked there, and both cars had ALL wheels inside the yellow parking zone.

I assume this is a part of GTA "keeping it real" - after stealing so many cars, you got robbed of your wheels, too wink.gif

off topic:the sadly bit was sarcasm.

on topic:wow,you figured it out.it was obivous.well,someone with some brains.in fact,if im honest,i didnt think that was the reason,but i think it is now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.