Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What time can I download GTA4 DLC?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
PabloHoneyOle
We are less than a day away from the release of THE LOST AND DAMNED, but what time does it become available for download?

Midnight?

I'm in the EST time zone if that makes any difference.
Massacre
Well, there's a contest on Xbox Live that says you have to play L&D online between midnight on the 17th and 11:59 on the 22nd to be eligible, so I assume it will be available right at midnight. I intend to find out...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 16 2009, 11:55 AM) [snapback]1484254[/snapback]
Well, there's a contest on Xbox Live that says you have to play L&D online between midnight on the 17th and 11:59 on the 22nd to be eligible, so I assume it will be available right at midnight. I intend to find out...

Yeah, this is quite the clusterfuck.

I'm debating on going to sleep this afternoon; waking up at midnight; downloading and playing all night. Only problem is, if it's NOT available at midnight, I'll be up all fucking night pissed that it's not available for download.

But not as pissed as I would be if I had a PS3 and never got to play it. Anticipation is just a bitch.
Massacre
I always get paranoid when a new game comes out. When GTA IV was coming out, I kept thinking the truck delivering the game would crash on the way to my town. Now I'm worried some idiot at Microsoft will spill his coffee on a computer and destroy Xbox Live before I can download L&D...
XxVaStY-BoBoxX
what time do you think the uk will get it its gmt time if yo think bout it its technailly the 17th midnight aint it tonite it so if its tmorrow at midnight it wil be the 18th if u get me weird to explain lol so people in america should get it at midnight and us bout 6 am tuesday morning but im buggerd either way need a new harddrive to download unless thers some how to use a 2 gig memoery tik or sumin dont have a clue about how 360s can be moded so any help i would aprecite it
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 16 2009, 12:13 PM) [snapback]1484257[/snapback]
I always get paranoid when a new game comes out. When GTA IV was coming out, I kept thinking the truck delivering the game would crash on the way to my town. Now I'm worried some idiot at Microsoft will spill his coffee on a computer and destroy Xbox Live before I can download L&D...

Same here, my fears were realised when my preordered copy of GTA4 didn't arrive ontime (a day late; might as well have been a year).

My MS points are ready to go; just need a TIME to initiate the download.

QUOTE(XxVaStY-BoBoxX @ Feb 16 2009, 12:22 PM) [snapback]1484258[/snapback]
what time do you think the uk will get it its gmt time if yo think bout it its technailly the 17th midnight aint it tonite it so if its tmorrow at midnight it wil be the 18th if u get me weird to explain lol so people in america should get it at midnight and us bout 6 am tuesday morning but im buggerd either way need a new harddrive to download unless thers some how to use a 2 gig memoery tik or sumin dont have a clue about how 360s can be moded so any help i would aprecite it

No warez talk.

What you're talking about is called "Time Zones". Technically, if the UK is six hours ahead of the East Coast of the USA, you should be able to download it at midnight, your time.

I guess what I'm wondering is if Microsoft has a fixed time they release it globally, and what fucking time is that Eastern Standard Time?
Massacre
I'm not sure if the release is regional or just based on whenever midnight is in one specific area.
PabloHoneyOle
I called XBL tech support and talked to Jesus (hey-zeus; not our Lord and Saviour) and he said I should try at midnight, but he did not have a set time it would be released.

Let's see, it's midnight in Europe somewhere; I wonder if they can download now...
satchboogie
It will NOT be available until 3:00AM Eastern Time. It explains this on the official site for the game.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(satchboogie @ Feb 16 2009, 05:57 PM) [snapback]1484387[/snapback]
It will NOT be available until 3:00AM Eastern Time. It explains this on the official site for the game.

Thanks. Psy's post cleared this up for everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.