Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My cousin
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
DiO
He had a brain aneurysm that he was probably born with. He just passed tonight around 9:30. They took him off life support about a week ago and everyone was just waiting for him to pass. The doctors gave him 24 hours after being taken off life support. Of course they were way off. He was 28 with a wife, 2 kids and 3rd one that has yet to be born.
PabloHoneyOle
Damn.

Puts a lot of things in perspective. Sorry to hear about your cousin.
Massacre
That's terrible. I'm really sorry to hear that, man.
DiO
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 15 2009, 10:49 PM) [snapback]1484176[/snapback]
Damn.

Puts a lot of things in perspective. Sorry to hear about your cousin.

Thanks man. It really does. It could happen to anyone.
Mattay
Wow man. I'm sorry to hear about that and I hope you guys cope with it okay.

On Christmas day 2003 a man I knew had a brain aneurysm that ruptured too. After that he completely lost all. He was slow witted, slow to move, and was slowly becoming a vegetable. I'd go to his house and spend time with him. He was a faithful man so I'd read the Bible with him. He was really an inspiration to everyone around him. He passed away in August of '04. He also left behind a wife and children.

Heartless
If I were really God2, I'd bring him back. But I'm not, so all I can offer is my condolences. If I lived closer, I'd buy you a round or five.
TheAnalogKid2112
Dude, I'm really sorry. I know what it's like to lose a family member and it sucks. At least you're Canadian.
Indy
I'm sorry man, shit like this really changes your life. Its stuff like this that makes me wanna study medicine.
DiO
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 15 2009, 10:54 PM) [snapback]1484180[/snapback]
That's terrible. I'm really sorry to hear that, man.

Thanks

QUOTE(Mattay @ Feb 16 2009, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1484191[/snapback]
Wow man. I'm sorry to hear about that and I hope you guys cope with it okay.

On Christmas day 2003 a man I knew had a brain aneurysm that ruptured too. After that he completely lost all. He was slow witted, slow to move, and was slowly becoming a vegetable. I'd go to his house and spend time with him. He was a faithful man so I'd read the Bible with him. He was really an inspiration to everyone around him. He passed away in August of '04. He also left behind a wife and children.

My mothers uncle had one similar to that. It left him in a wheel chair and couldn't speak proberly. He was lucky though because he still had his wits about him. I feel like getting myself a brain scan.

QUOTE(Heartless @ Feb 16 2009, 12:36 AM) [snapback]1484204[/snapback]
If I were really God2, I'd bring him back. But I'm not, so all I can offer is my condolences. If I lived closer, I'd buy you a round or five.

or five, thanks.

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 16 2009, 02:20 AM) [snapback]1484210[/snapback]
Dude, I'm really sorry. I know what it's like to lose a family member and it sucks. At least you're Canadian.

No shit, free health care. He was in the hospital for weeks. It would have cost an uninsured American tens of thousands. Though he appeared to be completely healthy so getting said insurance wouldn't have been a problem.

QUOTE(IndĽ @ Feb 16 2009, 07:43 AM) [snapback]1484223[/snapback]
I'm sorry man, shit like this really changes your life. Its stuff like this that makes me wanna study medicine.

Good man.
Hardcore Ottoman
Shit... sometimes I feel like I have one ticking and ticking until everything goes blank as well. I'm actually considering checking myself out soon.

Condolences.
DiO
QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 16 2009, 10:58 PM) [snapback]1484473[/snapback]
Shit... sometimes I feel like I have one ticking and ticking until everything goes blank as well. I'm actually considering checking myself out soon.

Condolences.

Considering? Do it!
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Feb 16 2009, 12:43 PM) [snapback]1484223[/snapback]
Really? This seems like a bit of a hopeless situation to me.
DiO
Going to the funeral in a few mins. Bought my first dress shirt and tie yesterday.
TheAnalogKid2112
Pics.

PICS!
DiO
My mistake, funeral tomorrow. The wake was today.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 18 2009, 07:13 PM) [snapback]1485041[/snapback]
Pics.

PICS!

Of the funeral or his new suit?
Hardcore Ottoman
New suit. I think D-O would look pretty dank with a suit on.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 19 2009, 08:41 AM) [snapback]1485232[/snapback]
New suit. I think D-O would look pretty dank with a suit on.

My thoughts exactly.
DiO
Dress shirt and tie. Not a suit.
TheAnalogKid2112
pICS
DiO
How about you fuck yourself.
neko_ceko
I'm sorry about your cousin
RIP
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 20 2009, 06:12 PM) [snapback]1485765[/snapback]

I can see you're still grieving. Sorry for real though.
Indy
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 18 2009, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1484874[/snapback]
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Feb 16 2009, 12:43 PM) [snapback]1484223[/snapback]
Really? This seems like a bit of a hopeless situation to me.

Not the situation itself, but losing someone in general.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 21 2009, 08:52 PM) [snapback]1486025[/snapback]
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 20 2009, 06:12 PM) [snapback]1485765[/snapback]

I can see you're still grieving. Sorry for real though.

I know. That looks more harsh than I meant it. One of these would have illustrated what I meant better. smile.gif
I know what you mean Indy.

My friend from high school's dad died last Monday of a stroke, he was 45. He was a great guy: my family doctor and possibly the best father I've ever seen. My friend, his only son, is flipping the fuck out over it. And for some reason, it makes me want to be a doctor more -- even though I doubt it could've been predicted (for various reasons I won't go into), I feel like medicine is the only path by which I can try and help...

I also sympathise more with D-O because of it. I've known this guy since I was 4, and his death was a major shock.
Indy
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 23 2009, 06:49 AM) [snapback]1486352[/snapback]
I know what you mean Indy.

My friend from high school's dad died last Monday of a stroke, he was 45. He was a great guy: my family doctor and possibly the best father I've ever seen. My friend, his only son, is flipping the fuck out over it. And for some reason, it makes me want to be a doctor more -- even though I doubt it could've been predicted (for various reasons I won't go into), I feel like medicine is the only path by which I can try and help...

I also sympathise more with D-O because of it. I've known this guy since I was 4, and his death was a major shock.

Yeah thats exactly how I feel. BTW, what was your reason for choosing medicine, what did you tell the interviewers?
I told them to sling they hooks.

I just told the truth, I think I'd be remiss if I told you there's one good answer or that there's a gimmick you should use. Sorry - it's not what I wanted to hear 4 years ago either - but it's the truth. Otherwise...well, I'm sure you've heard about the chemistry set/hole in pyjamas personal statement debacle?
Indy
I was just curious as to what motivated you for medicine. I'm just gonna tell them the truth.
Oh. Well true as it was, it was a bit of a standard response. Father figure (in this case my grandad) was involved in the field (local GP in a large town) which inspired me. An interest in science but a distaste for heavy maths fortified this early inclination, and it seemed to make perfect sense to study medicine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.