Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA IV on Asus laptop?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
Joseph_S.
Hi, I apologize if this isn't in the right spot, but this seemed like the best place to put this question.

I recently moved from mac to Vista, with the purchase of an ASUS laptop, now, my question is, will it run GTAIV. I know this isn't comparabe, but I run th sims 2 at the highest settings with no problem whatsoever, it's lightning fast.

Here are my specs:

250GB hard drive.
Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.00ghz.
4GB of DDR2 Ram.
nVidia 9300 GS standalone graphics with 512MB of dedicated VRAM
and vista home premium 64 bit with SP1.

Thanks for answering, If I can't I suppoe I won't be too heartbroken.
1UP
Welcome to the forums, Joseph.

I am pretty sure it would be playable on lower settings fine for the most part, the GS graphic cards are not that great for gaming when its games like GTA IV so I couldn't give a definite answer, you are at the recommended far as graphics memory goes. Processor is over the minimum a lil bit, so you would probably have a few hicup's every now an then. Your ram is fine tho.

I don't know much about using a laptop for gaming, just going by the specs, it should Play GTA IV, I can refur you to this topic for more help as well:
http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=790160

- I'll note that the spec's Rockstar say are wrong however.
QUOTE(Rockstar Games)
Minimum system requirements:
Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 OR Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
Memory/RAM: 1.5GB for Vista, 1GB for XP
16GB Free Hard Disk Space
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 or 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended system requirements:
Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 OR Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz
Memory/RAM: 2.5GB for Vista, 2.5GB for XP
18 GB Free Hard Disk Space
Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 or 512MB ATI 3870

~ Moved topic to proper place, left link in originally posted forum so you can easily find it when you come back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.