Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you could only own one videogame...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
PabloHoneyOle
...what would it be and why?

This is obviously a hypothetical situation; if you had to get rid of all of the videogames you owned except for one; which one would you choose to hold on to over the others.
TheAnalogKid2112
Rock Band, due to the never-ending DLC.
But in terms of a real video game... hmm... Either Burnout Paradise or Grand Theft Auto San Andreas/IV
DiO
GTA SA or counter-strike but only if I it was when it first came out and I hadn't played them before. I'm done with SA but hey, I beat it 7 times.
TheAnalogKid2112
Shit, what was I thinking? FALLOUT 3! So much play time/replay value.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
MK64.
Kamahl
Rock Band 2 for me...

besides music games... probably gran turismo 4 or GTA SA
Massacre
Right now, it's gotta be San Andreas. It might change after Lost and Damned comes out, though.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 11 2009, 11:16 PM) [snapback]1483445[/snapback]
Shit, what was I thinking? FALLOUT 3! So much play time/replay value.

I JUST ordered this off of eBay. I can't wait. I've been reading mad reviews and I am waiting in ANTICIFUCKINPATION for a fantastic gaming experience.

As of right now, I'd have to say GTA4 or Halo 3 would be my pick; as long as I could access the multiplayer. Both have great campaigns/storylines and a great variety of MP.

Fuck, I'd have to say GTA4. If I only had one game for the rest of my life, it would take me 50+ years to get all the stunt jumps, pigeons and level 10 rank in MP anyway.
Roman
NHL 09. It isn't the greatest game or the most fun, but I love for hockey and I end up playing it a lot more then any other game anyways. I usually play X then NHL then Y then NHL then Z then NHL so when it comes down to it, I would want the game that I play the most. (X Y and Z represent 3 different games, just in case you are a moron and could not figure it out yourself).
Indy
IV or Halo 3. Only because of online really.
bOnEs
hands down, fallout 3... i've logged over 240 hours as i've stated a couple times on this forum... i cannot put this game down at all... ever since i bought it, months ago, it's all i've ever played, besides the occasional GTAIV binge...

about 4 months ago i pry would of said GTAIV...
Ex-PS Fanboy
I shouldn't even have to say it...

But I will

Armored Core.
Massacre
A lot of people are saying Fallout 3, and I've been looking for a game I can log a few hundred hours on, or more (I ended up with over 1500 hours on San Andreas, on one file). I think I need to get this game...
Heartless
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Heartless @ Feb 12 2009, 03:43 PM) [snapback]1483557[/snapback]

What the fuck is that?
Heartless
Boong-Ga Boong-Ga, where you insert a finger in a mans anus as fast as possible for the highest score.
Kuwong
Oblivion, hands down for me. Only ever amassed 40 hours in fallout, got upwards of 100 or so in one play through of oblivion. I could also go batshit insane and forge friendships with in game characters. Actually, thinking about it, The Sims would be better for that. The Sims would be my second choice.
TreeFitty
QUOTE(Heartless @ Feb 12 2009, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1483580[/snapback]
Boong-Ga Boong-Ga, where you insert a finger in a mans anus as fast as possible for the highest score.

Every arcade should have that game.

And GTA4 for me.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 12 2009, 09:14 AM) [snapback]1483528[/snapback]
A lot of people are saying Fallout 3, and I've been looking for a game I can log a few hundred hours on, or more (I ended up with over 1500 hours on San Andreas, on one file). I think I need to get this game...

Buy it.
bOnEs
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 12 2009, 05:33 PM) [snapback]1483601[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 12 2009, 09:14 AM) [snapback]1483528[/snapback]

Buy it.

yea definitely get it...

i've got two files at 100+ hours each... and i am only about 80% done exploring the map on the file i play the most, my evil file biggrin.gif... and yet, i am so close to achieving the platinum trophy... it's amazing that i might get that trophy even though there's still about 20% of the locations that i haven't even seen yet laugh.gif... and when i get platinum, i'll pry still start another new game just because this game is that damn good...

if i was stranded on an island, this would be the one game i could play forever... i could say GTAIV too but, i'm on an island... i don't think i'll pick up any type of wifi out there laugh.gif...
Heartless
I think the best (RPG) game ever developed was Baldur's Gate, though it's hard to say which was better between 1 and 2. I've never played anything else so perfect, and I've played a lot of RPGs.
koneko
Well I just bought a Wii, and the only game I have for it is Legend of Zelda... so I guess I don't have much of a choice.
Massacre
I would've gone with No More Heroes, personally. When Madworld comes out, you should get it. If you like black and white with ultraviolence, of course.
koneko
Problem is, I suck at video games and I always will. I have a visual processing disorder, so I'm basically video-game-retarded.
Heartless
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 12 2009, 10:43 PM) [snapback]1483678[/snapback]
I would've gone with No More Heroes, personally. When Madworld comes out, you should get it. If you like black and white with ultraviolence, of course.

I'm not a Wii fan, but I'm happy to see Nintendo getting away from childrens fare.
Massacre
QUOTE(Heartless @ Feb 12 2009, 11:30 PM) [snapback]1483696[/snapback]
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 12 2009, 10:43 PM) [snapback]1483678[/snapback]

I'm not a Wii fan, but I'm happy to see Nintendo getting away from childrens fare.

So am I. Madworld actually has me considering buying a Wii...
Hai I have a 426 hour save file on Pokemon Silver.

I was 13 when I got it, I think, that is never too old.
DiO
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 12 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]1483701[/snapback]
Hai I have a 426 hour save file on Pokemon Silver.

I was 13 when I got it, I think, that is never too old.

Since you being 13 was two years agao an you now have 426 hours logged in, I figure you still play it...what? 12-15 hours a day?
watch as the audience roll in the aisles
DiO
I have one thing to say. Fuck Rockband up its fucking ass. That is all.
NIGGALICIOUS
Hands Down

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

NEVER gets old I played it for 6 hours straight today lmao
Hardcore Ottoman
Legend of Zelda: OoT

Reprazent!
bOnEs
QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 13 2009, 08:27 PM) [snapback]1483931[/snapback]
Legend of Zelda: OoT

Reprazent!

my favorite zelda is either "a link to the past" or "twilight princess"... OoT was amazing and all but, twilight had a darker theme, same with link to the past... plus, the twilight realm was one of the coolest additions to the series biggrin.gif...

but, as far as content goes, OoT was pretty deep... windwaker came close to the depth but, had too much of a childish theme... never got to play majora's mask, that one seemed almost sinister biggrin.gif....
FuddMan
Never played it, but I heard World of Warcraft can last a while.........

scooter.gif

Seriously though, I'd say San Andreas.
Harrop
GTA: San Andreas 100%
CutThatCity
It simply has to be san andreas.
GLC
What the 3 above me said.
ViceMan
What the three above and one below them said.

Actually it's a tough choice between GTA IV and San Andreas, trading replayability over graphics.

If it was one game on each system i'd say GTA IV on PS3 and San Andreas on PC (for the uber modding capabilities.)

But no, i'll say SA on PC. Final answer.
Handsome B Wonderful
I'm gonna have to go with Vice City. Tis still my favourite GTA.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Feb 16 2009, 04:03 PM) [snapback]1484404[/snapback]
I'm gonna have to go with Vice City. Tis still my favourite GTA.

You see, that was my first choice, due to it 1. Being my first GTA, and 2. The overall awesomeness: The 80's theme, the music, the colors, etc.
But I chose SA because of the overall content & replay value.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.