Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upcoming Releases, what's on your wish list?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
PabloHoneyOle
http://xbox360.ign.com/index/release.html
http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

What games are you looking forward to? (Other than the obvious GTA DLC for the 360 owners)

I've got some eBay money that I've designated for my videogame funds. I'm try to justify purchasing a NEW game as opposed to one off of eBay for half the price.

I'm thinking Fallout 3 will be my next pickup, but I'm still balls deep in Far Cry 2 and don't want to be overwhelmed with storyline immersion/overdose on FPS/Roleplay games.

I'm also thinking about Halo Wars, half because I want the Mythic Map pack that comes with the special edition, but $80 is quite a bit for a $60 game and $10 map pack with some other shit I don't want. I might just wait until the map pack is on XBL and the game is on eBay for $40 or less. The demo was fun and reminded me of classic Red Alert, with a Halo theme.

I'm definitely getting Resident Evil 5 in March. I could probably just play Lost and Damned until that drops.

What's on your list? Have any suggestions?
Massacre
I have a huge list: RE5, Eat Lead, Wanted: Weapons of Fate, Damnation, Borderlands, Ride to Hell, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD: Modern Warfare 2, I am Alive, Postal III, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and as much as I hate Halo, I've got to admit ODST looks pretty good. I probably won't get most of these, but I'll play them eventually.
DiO
Killzone 2 for sure. If I get a jobby job Ill snag RE5 as well.
bOnEs
the next game i am purchasing is "godfather II"... it was suppose to be released later this month but they delayed it for another couple months... other than that though, i am looking into possible purchases of these future 09 titles:

- batman: arkham asylum
- leisure suit larry: box office bust
- this is vegas
- red dead redemption
- god of war III
- assassin's creed II
- indiana jones
- LA noire (whenever that may be)
- uncharted II
- infamous

... that's a lot of games and there's no way i am buying all of them... probably just a few of them, the few that really grab my attention... whichever those may be... a couple on that list are MUST BUYS but, the rest we'll see...
Kamahl
Killzone 2, InFamous, Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 2, and a few others but im too lazy to think about it
Ex-PS Fanboy
Whatever Armored Core comes next.
Uncharted 2
Starcraft 2
Next Ratchet and Clank
The Armored Core after The next Armored Core...
The Armored Core After That one...
And The Armored Core After that one...
But not The one After That one...
Or the Next one...
And the one after that.

EDIT: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2? Never saw that coming... Hope they put Destroy in it.
Another EDIT: Ya. I'm a Gundam Nerd Too.
asthenia
I'm on 165 hours on Oblivion right now.

Fuck other games.
PabloHoneyOle
165 hours doing what?
TheAnalogKid2112
Flower, because you "play as the wind" lolol.
Bionic Commando
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (yeah I said it.)
EyePet & Eyedentify, just because I want another PS Eye game..
Rock Band: The Beatles
Indiana Jones
MAG
"Rockstar PS3 Exclusive Project [untitled] "
Twisted Metal PS3
Uncharted 2
bOnEs
QUOTE(Shut Up Kuwong You Twat @ Feb 10 2009, 04:46 PM) [snapback]1483191[/snapback]
I'm on 165 hours on Oblivion right now.

Fuck other games.

i'm at about 230 hours with fallout 3 (two files at level 20 and one at level 8)... bethesda sure knows how to make an epic game, don't they laugh.gif... and that's why i need another game, otherwise i'll be playing fallout 3 until GTAV... maybe i should pickup oblivion?! that'll kill more of my life...
1UP
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 10 2009, 06:37 PM) [snapback]1483197[/snapback]
Flower, because you "play as the wind" lolol.
Bionic Commando
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (yeah I said it.)
EyePet & Eyedentify, just because I want another PS Eye game..
Rock Band: The Beatles
Indiana Jones
MAG
Twisted Metal PS3
Uncharted 2

I kinda forgot about MAG. That's a wait an see title for me.

Flower, now that's an awesome original game, I'm so going to get it too.

Indiana Jones still isn't out? I can swear I heard about that game like 4 years ago. o_O

My list: Killzone 2, Flower, Resident Evil 5, Uncharted 2, God of War III, Assassin's creed II, Modern Warfare 2... More If I forgotten them.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(1UP @ Feb 10 2009, 05:34 PM) [snapback]1483236[/snapback]
I kinda forgot about MAG. That's a wait an see title for me.

Same here. I just saw it on the list and based my vote off of some footage I saw a while back. Definitely a wait-and-see.

QUOTE(1UP @ Feb 10 2009, 05:34 PM) [snapback]1483236[/snapback]
Indiana Jones still isn't out? I can swear I heard about that game like 4 years ago. o_O

I know for real! That was supposed to come out with the movie. I forgot about that one :|
TwoFacedTanner
I was looking forward to The Godfather II...

But it got pushed back.
And Mafia II. Im looking forward to that one.
GLC
Uncharted 2. Assassin's Creed 2.

That's about it...
Indy
APB
Godfather II
Assassins Creed 2
Afro Samurai

Only the first two interest me enough to buy. Mostly APB.
FuddMan
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
APB
Assassin's Creed 2
CoD: MW2 as long as it isn't another expansion pack, and they fix the problems with the first one.

And that's about it really. Quite a poor year, but then there are the two DLC packs for GTA IV so it's not all a disaster.
Dr. Evil
For this year...

Assassins Creed 2 (I hope)
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
R.E. 5
Mafia 2
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

Not necessarily in that order though.
ThomasH
Just got F.E.A.R 2 Limited Edition.

Let's kick ass!

I'm waiting for:

Mafia II.
Bad Company 2.
And more I'm forgetting right now.
bOnEs
is APB coming out this year?! i haven't read any news on it in like 3 years, totally forgot about that name...
1UP
I thought APB was canceled. XD.png *checks*

Whats up with games that are announced 3 years before they come out? o_O
Indy
I've heard so many rumours about the stuff they're trying to do to APB, I really want it, but I fear it will be a let down. Still, its being made by the Crackdown guys, can't be all that bad.
FuddMan
Even if it isn't all it's cracked up to be, what's there should be a lot of fun. Crackdown was (and still is) awesome as long as you didn't treat it as a serious game.
Sheep
Prototype, looks pretty good
Kamahl
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Feb 14 2009, 08:53 AM) [snapback]1483986[/snapback]
I've heard so many rumours about the stuff they're trying to do to APB, I really want it, but I fear it will be a let down. Still, its being made by the Crackdown guys, can't be all that bad.

i think it was announced before that crackdown game and we still dont have it ¬¬
Indy
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Feb 15 2009, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1484124[/snapback]
QUOTE(IndĄ @ Feb 14 2009, 08:53 AM) [snapback]1483986[/snapback]

i think it was announced before that crackdown game and we still dont have it ¬¬

I know loll, it's like the Detox of gaming. /hiphop
Handsome B Wonderful
I was looking forward to Aliens: Colonial Marines, but that isn't coming out until 2010, apparently. sad.gif

Marney1
Mafia 2 but it's not out until the end of March 2010 (January in US) they're taking their time releasing this so I hope it's good.
[youtube]bVkHraUDDpk[/youtube]
DiO
I'm revising my list to none. Not buy a single fucking one. Going to College. Cant afford that shit. Its either Video games or booze. I choose booze. (Drastic statement. I will get a couple from Bday stuff and Christmas. No fucking idea which ones though or how many.)
DuPz0r
QUOTE(Penis Compensator @ Aug 21 2009, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1518978[/snapback]
I'm revising my list to none. Not buy a single fucking one. Going to College. Cant afford that shit. Its either Video games or booze. I choose booze. (Drastic statement. I will get a couple from Bday stuff and Christmas. No fucking idea which ones though or how many.)

Yeah same.
PabloHoneyOle
I'm looking forward to the new Halo game, I'm debating on putting a deposit down on it. Games seem cheaper when you pay in advance in small increments. If I don't get it, I will get the new Halo 3 multiplayer maps when they are available for download.

Otherwise, I'm holding out for Assassin's Creed 2 in November. I'm putting a lot of stock in that being an amazing game; probably going to pre-order it soon too.
bOnEs
uncharted 2: among thieves and fallout 3: broken steel... those are the only games on the current horizon... i thought maybe batman: arkham asylum but, i'm going to cedar point at the end of september so, i'm trying to save my money till then... but, i can't pass on either of those two because i'll end up kicking my own ass for doing so...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 10 2009, 03:37 PM) [snapback]1483197[/snapback]
Flower - Sucked.
Bionic Commando - Lost interest.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Sucked.
EyePet & Eyedentify - Outgrown.
Rock Band: The Beatles - So over music games.
Indiana Jones
MAG
Twisted Metal PS3
Uncharted 2

^Revised my list to that. Lost interest in all of the strikethrough ones. I still want the ones in bold though.
FuddMan
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 12 2009, 11:16 PM) [snapback]1483594[/snapback]
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Next year
APB Not coming this year?
Assassin's Creed 2
CoD: MW2 as long as it isn't another expansion pack, and they fix the problems with the first one. Fucking rip-off.

And that's about it really. Quite a poor year, but then there are the two DLC packs for GTA IV so it's not all a disaster.

So it's just what's left there and Forza 3, and Ballad of Gay Tony. Not that I'll get much time to play when I go back to uni in a fortnight anyway.
bOnEs
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 10 2009, 04:00 PM) [snapback]1483169[/snapback]
the next game i am purchasing is "godfather II"...

- batman: arkham asylum - still might get it this year, got GREAT reviews...
- leisure suit larry: box office bust - didn't even bother, got HORRIBLE reviews...
- this is vegas - is this game still in development? i haven't heard anything in months... don't care for it anymore...
- red dead redemption - not sure anymore... maybe not this year...
- god of war III - march 2010...
- assassin's creed II - probably...
- indiana jones - decided to pass on this...
- LA noire (whenever that may be) - pass... pry won't even come out until 2011...
- uncharted II - MUST BUY!!
- infamous - played it, loved it...

forgot i even posted on the first page... i did get godfather II and i thought it was great! didn't carry any replay value but, had fun... i was hoping the new liesure suit larry would be like magna cum laude but, it sounded like a horrible game... i didn't even bother looking into it after i read a couple reviews... and i'm probably passing on red dead redemption this year... played infamous and GOD THAT WAS A GREAT GAME!! but, it appears that assassin's creed II and uncharted II are the ones i want to get this year... and maybe batman still but, i'm not in a rush to play it even though it's gotten some of the best reviews this gen...

revised list:

- uncharted II: among thieves
- assassin's creed II
- fallout 3 DLC's (finally)
- batman: arkham asylum
- afrika (possibly... need more information on this one... i like the concept)

i can't think of any games other than those that i want this year... i would really like to know more about afrika though... sounds like a lot of fun... 2010 looks like the busy year for games to me... AGENT, fallout: new vegas, god of war III, grand turismo 5, MAG, heavy rain, etc... looks like i need to save up some money for next year laugh.gif...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.