Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA4, PC Version
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
J. R. Ewing
Hi all,

I'm quite new to the gaming scene and am new to PC (I've always used Mac's). Anyway. I bought GTA 4 on PC today, installed it, and tride to run it. I got an error message:

"RGSC has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

My specs are:
4.00 GB RAM,
AMD Athlon X2 64 - 2.4GHz,
500GB Hard Drive,
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT,
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy.
XP Professional, Service Pack 3.

As far as I know, these more than meet the specifications required for the game to run so I don't understand. Any extra downloads or tips that will help me? Thanks in advance.

J. R.

HEAT84
Maybe try reinstalling RGSC. There's an uninstall entry for it in Add/Remove Programs so you don't have to reinstall the whole game. To reinstall it, run the setup.exe in DVD 1\RGSC. Also you can choose "Change" instead of "Remove" when you highlight the uninstall entry, and try to repair it from there.

Its BS that we're forced to install that and GFWL to play the game even if you don't play online.

Here's a thread with other people having your problem: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=379127 . Some of them were able to fix it by installing or reinstalling the .NET framework.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.