Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Dead Redemption - New Start Post!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
ThomasH
Start post gone?

Strange..

Going to re-upload it tonight.
PabloHoneyOle
Red Dead Revolver sucked balls compared to GUN. Redemption looks like it will be much better than GUN, basically everything GUN had AND all of the things it was missing.

I'd love to see a western game on the same level of GTA4 as far as size, length and replay value.

It says it will be released Fall 2009, I'm betting SPRING 2010.
bOnEs
cool! i enjoyed red dead revolver for what it was but, felt the game was lacking something... i think it's the open-world touch that it was missing, it was pretty linear... this has the chance to be the western video game i've been wanting to play...

"GTA: tombstone" is kinda what i am looking for biggrin.gif...
Indy
This should be very good, they are using RAGE engine after all. I've never played the original, or GUN. tongue.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 4 2009, 11:51 AM) [snapback]1482005[/snapback]
"GTA: tombstone" is kinda what i am looking for

Exactly.
ThomasH
Ok back from work, I posted this topic when I was at work, so I directly took GUN out of the shelves and started to play it.
It plays alright and very smooth, I've played to short to write a whole review, but I will play it in a couple of months to get in the mood for RDR. notworthy.gif

Going to work on a cool start-post this weekend.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(W1ckeD @ Feb 4 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1482027[/snapback]
Going to work on a cool start-post this weekend.

This is a good enough one for this site. Just because you rushed to create a post doesn't justify creating another one with the same topic.

Rockstar today announced their San Diego studio is set to follow up their 2004 classic western, with Red Dead Redemption; an adventure that is set to take players across the American frontier at the turn of the 20th century.

"The team at San Diego have massively exceeded our expectations with the sheer depth of experiences in Red Dead Redemption," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The seamless combination of breathtaking beauty and intense action, all woven together with strong plotlines in a massive vibrant, rural environment is mind-blowing. We think this game helps to push the limits of what an open-world gaming experience can be."

Red Dead Redemption, of course a follow up to Red Dead Revolver, will fully utilize the RAGE engine, as seen in GTA IV & their Table Tennis title, and will embroil players in an open world environment for players to explore "including frontier towns, rolling prairies teeming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions."

"Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world's last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it."
ThomasH
I won´t create another one..I´ll just edit this one. wink.gif
DiO
Fucking right. So much for this being a PS3 exclusive. Didn't think it was going to.
DuPz0r
I never play red dead revolver, but i didn't ever think much of it. Hopefully there will be something new and interesting in this sequal that will make me want to buy it.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 5 2009, 02:03 AM) [snapback]1482102[/snapback]
So much for this being a PS3 exclusive. Didn't think it was going to.

Exclusivity is dead. Sony and Microsoft have ties in just about every company that produces 'exclusive' games for each console. Money is more important than exclusivity and the gaming market for each console is too large for third party game developers to ignore.
ThomasH
New Topic-Start coming soon!
Don't forget the first real trailer of Red Dead Redemption next week!
DiO
Shit, can't wait.
TheAnalogKid2112
A western eh? I'd enjoy that. Never heard of Red Dead Revolver but am anticipating this trailer.
PabloHoneyOle
Is this a PS3 exclusive game? I haven't been keeping up with the development.

I just hope you can kill Indians. That was the best part of GUN; taking away their video game land and lives.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 1 2009, 08:03 AM) [snapback]1499782[/snapback]

I just hope you can kill Indians. That was the best part of GUN; taking away their video game land and lives.

And scalping them!
Don't forget scalping.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ May 1 2009, 09:14 AM) [snapback]1499786[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 1 2009, 08:03 AM) [snapback]1499782[/snapback]

And scalping them!
Don't forget scalping.

That was the greatest. I wish it was like Fallout 3 where you could collect the scalps and then display them in your little house on the prairie.
TwoFacedTanner
Oh that'd be niiice. I'd stitch a lot together and make a pillowcase or an area rug.
ThomasH
Start Post is Updated. smile.gif
Indy
This game looks promising. The trailer shows the game has a very R* feel to it.
Kamahl
i was never interested in this kind of games but i saw the trailer and changed my mind, i put it on my "maybe list"
ThomasH
Red Dead Redemption Eyes-On - Kotaku.com

Kotaku.com just launched a eyes-on into the webs, with some stuff we already know and stuff we don’t know, I’ve summed up some details below.

Traveling between these towns and cities illustrates one of the most interesting aspects of Red Dead Redemption, its “dynamic event system.” When Marston’s traveling, whether on horseback or via stagecoach, he’ll run into dynamically generated scenarios, including ambushes from thieves, police arrests, even attacks from mountain lions.
The slow motion “Dead Eye” system of lining up shots in “bullet time” is back and Rockstar reps made good use of the mechanic to fill enemies full of holes, rescuing the kidnapped Bonnie.
There’s definitely some “wild” in Red Dead Redemption’s wild west, as a working ecosystem that includes vultures, bears, cougars, wolves, snakes, armadillos, and rabbits will interact with itself—and with John.

Source: RockstarBase.com

Updated Starpost.
DiO
R* finally gets animals in the game. Time for some good ole animal abuse. I wonder if you can eat them like in MGS3.
ThomasH
Hehe, loved the animal part in RE5, my Co-op partner was yelling at me like: DON'T KILL THE SHEEP.
Guess what? ohmy.gif

Shame about the start-post, when I'm at home tonight, I will fix it up. No problem.

I'm wondering if we can buy weapons in a shop and "level them up"

1 big thing I'm really scared about are: MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS/TROPHIES!. No!!
bOnEs
a multiplayer is confirmed for RDR?! ohh noes!!

is there a release date announced yet?
DiO
The last one had multi-player. Just not online multi-player. You know, back when people actually played with one another in person.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(W1ckeD @ Jun 9 2009, 04:17 AM) [snapback]1507108[/snapback]

Kotaku.com just launched a eyes-on into the webs, with some stuff we already know and stuff we don’t know, I’ve summed up some details below.

Traveling between these towns and cities illustrates one of the most interesting aspects of Red Dead Redemption, its “dynamic event system.” When Marston’s traveling, whether on horseback or via stagecoach, he’ll run into dynamically generated scenarios, including ambushes from thieves, police arrests, even attacks from mountain lions.
The slow motion “Dead Eye” system of lining up shots in “bullet time” is back and Rockstar reps made good use of the mechanic to fill enemies full of holes, rescuing the kidnapped Bonnie.
There’s definitely some “wild” in Red Dead Redemption’s wild west, as a working ecosystem that includes vultures, bears, cougars, wolves, snakes, armadillos, and rabbits will interact with itself—and with John.

Updated Starpost.

That sounds awesome. I haven't even read about this game. Is it like GTA but in the west?
ThomasH
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 9 2009, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1507168[/snapback]
a multiplayer is confirmed for RDR?! ohh noes!!

is there a release date announced yet?

No net yet. smile.gif

I'm hoping for some awesome duel modi, and some races in the world.

QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 9 2009, 10:37 PM) [snapback]1507191[/snapback]
The last one had multi-player. Just not online multi-player. You know, back when people actually played with one another in person.

Hehe yeah, split screen.

Awesome times with Golden-Eye.
bOnEs
QUOTE(ASSMAN @ Jun 9 2009, 06:34 PM) [snapback]1507210[/snapback]

Updated Starpost.

That sounds awesome. I haven't even read about this game. Is it like GTA but in the west?

yea, it's an open-world like GTA but, the setting is the wild wild west, instead of the urban landscape... horse riding, instead of infernus driving... stage-coaches instead of subways... etc...
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 10 2009, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1507278[/snapback]

Updated Starpost.

yea, it's an open-world like GTA but, the setting is the wild wild west, instead of the urban landscape... horse riding, instead of infernus driving... stage-coaches instead of subways... etc...

Ahem, they had railroads. A little closer to subways then stage coaches..... YOU DUMB FUCK!
bOnEs
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 10 2009, 04:16 PM) [snapback]1507286[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 10 2009, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1507278[/snapback]

Updated Starpost.

Ahem, they had railroads. A little closer to subways then stage coaches..... YOU DUMB FUCK!

if you knew me IRL, you'd find that funny laugh.gif... i'm always mixing words up...
DiO
Hence, dumb fuck.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 11 2009, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1507353[/snapback]
Hence, dumb fuck.

well, i might be a dumb fuck but, at least i know i am smarter than those retarded canadians... know what i mean?
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 11 2009, 08:29 AM) [snapback]1507384[/snapback]
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 11 2009, 01:13 AM) [snapback]1507353[/snapback]
Hence, dumb fuck.

well, i might be a dumb fuck but, at least i know i am smarter than those retarded canadians... know what i mean?

*looks at sig
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 11 2009, 11:29 AM) [snapback]1507384[/snapback]
Hence, dumb fuck.

confused1.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 11 2009, 04:12 PM) [snapback]1507424[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 11 2009, 11:29 AM) [snapback]1507384[/snapback]
Hence, dumb fuck.

confused1.gif

ohh you haven't heard tongue.gif...

here's the trailer for those of you, *cough* assman *cough*, who haven't been following this game...

[youtube]aOpKJ6hjPIM[/youtube]
Marney1
According to Official Playstation magazine you will be able to carry out lynchings and sniper rifles will also be available.
DiO
I hope you can only lynch visible minorities. The ability to lynch white people would be way to controversial, even for R*.
Marney1
Prostitutes will be available in the saloon bars. tongue.gif
bOnEs
prostitutes and lynching? seriously?

man R* isn't afraid of anything laugh.gif...
Marney1
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2009, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1507543[/snapback]

And you will be able to shoot the horses.
Don't know if you can shoot the armadillos, rabbits, wolves, cougars, vultures or the bears.
bOnEs
QUOTE(marney1 @ Jun 12 2009, 12:19 PM) [snapback]1507544[/snapback]
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Jun 12 2009, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1507543[/snapback]

And you will be able to shoot the horses.
Don't know if you can shoot the armadillos, rabbits, wolves, cougars, vultures or the bears.

maybe you can... R* might include a "pelting" side mission where you can collect the furs of animals for trappers or to sell on the market... lol, i doubt it but, that would be cool too...
TheAnalogKid2112
Of course you'll be able to shoot the animals. What would be the point? For show? As if!
DiO
I want them to add babies. They would be fun to throw Molotov cocktails at.
Marney1
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 12 2009, 09:16 PM) [snapback]1507615[/snapback]

Even R* wouldn't go that far........or would they?

I hope you can buy chewing tobacco and spit it on dogs heads like Clint Eastwood.
DiO
They should make a special AO rated version to sell off their website. I'd buy it.
TheAnalogKid2112
I would too. And we'd play together, as one.
DiO
fag/\
TheAnalogKid2112
/\Afraid of his own feelings
bOnEs
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Jun 12 2009, 04:16 PM) [snapback]1507615[/snapback]

fuck throwing molotov's at em... how's about lighting em on fire and throwing them like molotov's?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.