Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost And Damned Fansite Event + New Artwork
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
If you're a regular follower of this site, you may remember back in April last year, Rockstar Games invited the major GTA fansite webmasters to fly over to New York City and preview Grand Theft Auto IV before it was released. Well, they've been kind enough to invite us all back to New York again next week to preview The Lost And Damned downloadable content!

I'll try to get as much information about the game as possible, and I'll hopefully get some new photos from around New York itself, but if there are any questions you'd like me to ask Rockstar (within reason), then post them in this topic and I'll try my best to get some answers.

In other news, Rockstar have also sent us out four official pieces of artwork for The Lost And Damned. You can view them on the artwork page.

Hitman540
ok, how about: what kind of new weapons will be within our arsenal? and will johnny's story and niko's story clash?
Psy
We already know the answers to both of those questions from the previews. There's a new pistol, sawn off shotgun, grenade launcher, pipebombs and something else. And Niko and Johnny's story do work alongside each other and you meet up with Niko on a few missions.
ThomasH
Cool man, have fun out there! smile.gif

I got a question: Is Rockstar planning on doing more with Liberty City then just these 2DLC, so in the future maybe some islands will be added? smile.gif

Looking forward to your report. thumbup.gif
Hitman540
ok now i've got some good ones: will we see the return of the cheetah? or what kind of new vehicles will be there? and will we see some new stylish clothes? (like better shades?)
ViceMan
Where the fuck are the fingerless gloves?! (I'm joking.)

Ask them if the protagonist for the next episode of DLC is one we're familiar with or have met (however brief) in Niko's story.
6 shooter
Ask them about a completely new GTA game, if it's already in the planning/works. And when is the other DLC expected to be released?
Samurai_tbag
Ask them if 9/11 was a conspiracy ph34r.gif
FuddMan
Why choose a biker gang?
TwoFacedTanner
Ask them why all of their protagonists have dark hair.

I mean, Im not saying that I want a red headed MC, but like...whats up with that.
1UP
Ask them if the DLC will ever see itself on PC. Hey might happen people!

Grats on the opportunity to see the game early Psy. I expect a 50 page long essay on how it went. >=(
SanoZ
First of all: Very good site I must say. And the questions I'd like you to ask is if there will be many more new weapons than what was shown in trailers and if they in the future will add small downloads (like a single weapon, vehicle or something else).

I also have a suggestion for what they could include in the next DLC.
It is what I would call a playmode. When you start game you will choose if you want to play normal GTA IV or the DLC. The same could be if you want to have overdone weapons, vehicles, physics or something. I mean some people think it's unrealistic to have flamethrower, katana and that things. But if you would be able to choose playmode you would gain access to those "funny" things. So those who wants to play normal can do that, and those who wants do make complete mayhem can do that smile.gif

That's what I'd like you to ask and tell Rockstar. Have a nice trip! tongue.gif
werewolf23
Ask them if your bikers have to constantly take their friends out on play-dates.
ThomasH
Look at the artwork on the homepage.
The girl who is holding the beer in the front is also the same girl in the Pisswasser add in the back of the picture to the right. wink.gif
PabloHoneyOle
Ask them Lola's whereabouts.
DiO
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 4 2009, 08:41 AM) [snapback]1481966[/snapback]
Why choose a biker gang?

Because the largest gang in the world is a biker gang.

Ask about PS3 DLC.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 4 2009, 11:37 AM) [snapback]1482000[/snapback]
Ask about PS3 DLC.

Massacre
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 4 2009, 11:37 AM) [snapback]1482000[/snapback]
Why choose a biker gang?

Ask about PS3 DLC.

The Yakuza are a biker gang?

Ask if we will ever see Vice City again, and ask if they're interested in creating an official GTA comic book (I need work).
ThomasH
Yeah guys, I also love to know if they are planning on re-visiting the other cities they created, they would be nice to "upgrade" to next-gen.
Then again, a new city would be awesome.
GLC
How Do I Shot Web?
Seeen
I'm curious if Johnny will have the same fighting moves as Niko.

Niko was a master of Krav Maga, but is Johnny too? Probably not.
DiO
QUOTE(Massacre @ Feb 4 2009, 01:24 PM) [snapback]1482021[/snapback]
Why choose a biker gang?

Ask about PS3 DLC.

The Yakuza are a biker gang?

Didn't mean it literally.
asthenia
Lucky sonuva... The DLC's gotta be good if they're flying you fansite noobz out again, congratulations. I have no questions for them.

Except; Is it true that if I wait until the third ingame day, somehow make it to Alderney, and wait 3 metres left of the Booth Tunnel, that at 3:59AM the time won't move to 4:00AM straight away, it will actually go to 3:60AM, right up til 3:70AM and the fingerless gloves will appear in my wardrobe at home?

Huh? HUH?

What? It's not a stupid question...
fug34
Yeah, ask about the chances of PS3 DLC for sure, be it this or different DLC.

You probably won't need to ask this but I am curious how you jump from Niko to Johnny and back, so it would be nice if you can let us know how that works and how the menus alter when switching etc.

Fingerless gloves - it needs asked, why did they remove it from GTA IV? Then go on and show it on the PC version.

Psy, any chance you can ask if Manhunt 2 may be coming to the PS3/360 as well? I know that isn't GTA related by I am really hoping it comes to to PS3/360.
victimsfamily
QUOTE(Seeen @ Feb 5 2009, 07:08 AM) [snapback]1482093[/snapback]
I'm curious if Johnny will have the same fighting moves as Niko.

Niko was a master of Krav Maga, but is Johnny too? Probably not.

Good question.
On the same note I'd like to know if the fights have been faster paced, it seemed to me there was some kind of lag between the moment I pressed a button and the fighting animations on screen in GTAIV.

Another important question to me would be about the driving IA : has it been enhanced so that the races actually have some interest to them ?
Because in GTAIV the IA obviously didn't like the new driving system, there's almost no way to lose a race or even not to be first for more than 5 seconds after a turn...

Thanks Psy and have a nice trip.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Feb 4 2009, 02:41 PM) [snapback]1481966[/snapback]
Why choose a biker gang?

Will they make a huge online game where Liberty City is run by it's inhabitants (us players)?
angeal18
Will they bring back our favorite characters from Vice city and San Andres? Ask them WTF happened to Cluade and the rest of the classic GTA community.
Psy
Hello from New York. Just a quick reply this one. I basically got here, got to my hotel then went out for a meal with the other webmasters and a couple of Rockstar guys. Then the two Rockstar guys were gonna hit a country bar across the street from our hotel, so I said I'd go with them. All of the other UK fansite webmasters were too tired from their journey to come out drinking, so it was just me and the two Rockstar dudes. Had a good time talking about Bear Grylls, Call of Duty and why I should have a Nintendo DS.

Anyway the real action starts tomorrow. We've got the morning to ourselves in New York, then at 1.30 ish we're going to head to the special venue to play The Lost And Damned. Should be good fun.

Anyway I'll update you all later with some photos and stuff because the free drinks have started to take their toll on me and I'm sick of correcting my typo's.

Laters thumbup.gif
Massacre
I envy you so much right now.
TwoFacedTanner
Psy you better have some good stuff by the time I get home from work or you're getting a wedgie.
Mekstizzle
I don't know where that guy a few posts above got the idea of Niko being an expert of Krav Yaga or whatever it's called, he ain't Jewish. Also find it hard to believe this Johnny guy would be either, maybe because these biker dickheads are the white nationalist racist type also. Kinda pissed off it's a biker gang, I enjoyed killing them in GTA4, they were dickhead bastards that you wanted to kill, unlike the one in VC, for example. But find out anyway

Find out what's actually different, and no, doing missions is not something different. GTA has evolved to a point where missions are just ways of doing what you do in the game, mainly I'm talking about gameplay changing things, if there are any

Not that it matters seeing as it's 360 only, but I have a feeling it'll eventually be on the PS3 in a year or two
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ Feb 10 2009, 12:17 PM) [snapback]1483143[/snapback]
I don't know where that guy a few posts above got the idea of Niko being an expert of Krav Yaga or whatever it's called, he ain't Jewish.

I hope you're joking.
ThomasH
Cool Psy, can't wait for a report!

When can we expect the first info coming online from you?

Enjoy your time! smile.gif

Psy
Just got back from playing the Lost and Damned, and it's fucking awesome. I love it. the bikes are awesome to drive, and the voice acting and cutscenes are pretty cool too. I only did 2 or 3 missions because I didn't want to spoil it for when it comes out properly, but they were pretty long and pretty fun.

We had free drinks in Don Hills bar in New York, so I took full advantage of it.

The fully automatic pistol is AMAZING. I got like 22 kills for 2 deaths on liberty island on team deathmatch, pretty much just using that, although the sawn off shotgun murders people extremely easily.

To top things off, after 4 hours of free drinks and playing the game early, ROCKSTAR GAMES GAVE US ALL FREE XBOX 360 ELITES WITH GTA LOST AND DAMNED ARTWORK ON THE CASES!!!!!!!! We got a load of tshirts, a pool cue, a bag and someother free shit too. And I stole 40 pages of Lost and Damned stickers from the bar, so I might give them out to some of you guys soon.

Anyway we're going out for some food now, then me and the other webmasters (who are over 21) are gonna hit the bar again. I don't really think I should be drinking anymore the amount of alcohol I've had over the last 24 hours, but it's free so I'm not gonna turn it down.

Anyway, futher incomprehensible updates coming once I get back from the bar.

Latersssssssss
Zen
That sounds fantastic, nice one man smile.gif
Massacre
I love Rockstar. What other company would give away that much free shit to fansite webmasters? lol @ thieving the stickers, I would've done the same. It must cost R* a fortune to keep you guys in swag and liquor, which just goes to show how much they appreciate their fans. I would totally take up drinking again if R* was picking up the tab.
Mekstizzle
Psy, do a competition like you did last time. That way the X360 Elite can go to another guy who just signed up for the competition, won it and then fucked off

(but maybe I'll win it ohmy.gif and then I can tell YOU ALL to fuck off, cos I'm the fucking champion)

TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Psy @ Feb 10 2009, 06:23 PM) [snapback]1483221[/snapback]
Anyway, futher incomprehensible updates coming once I get back from the bar.

Erm, its goin on Day 2...

Someone should check on the boy.
Massacre
QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ Feb 11 2009, 07:40 AM) [snapback]1483292[/snapback]
Psy, do a competition like you did last time. That way the X360 Elite can go to another guy who just signed up for the competition, won it and then fucked off

(but maybe I'll win it ohmy.gif and then I can tell YOU ALL to fuck off, cos I'm the fucking champion)

Well, if I were Psy, I'd never give that 360 away, but I'm sure he's a better person than I am...

If he did go the competition route, he could just limit eligibility to people who have been members for at least six months, have been active in the past week, and have at least 100 posts. What happened last time pissed me off.
Psy
Just to let you all know, I'm back. I've got a pretty long ass write up of everything I did in NY, but I'm really tired at the minute, so expect my diary type thing and some photos coming tomorrow.
DiO
QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ Feb 11 2009, 07:40 AM) [snapback]1483292[/snapback]

Yah, fuck that. Keep it Psy. Maybe a competition for the stickers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.