Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michael Phelps; Gold Medalist Stoner
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
PabloHoneyOle
First of all, I hate to quote Sally Jenkins because I think she's a cunt writer, but I thought this article was fairly entertaining:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews
So Michael Phelps dove headfirst into the bong water. Is anyone really surprised, after all those laps? There has always been something submerged and escapist about the world's greatest swimmer. When presented with a chamber containing a hazy translucent liquid, he did what's become second nature to him. He buried his face in it.

I'm just sorry I wasn't at that University of South Carolina house party to witness Squid Boy's binge firsthand -- not that I would ever make such a staggering misstep myself.

According to the British tabloid News of the World, which ran a photo of Phelps hunched over a glass tube and torching it up quite proficiently with a lighter, he "was out of control from the moment he got there." Can you imagine how much dew he inhaled, with his world-class lung capacity? I don't know exactly what kind of killer nuggets were stuffed into the bowl of that German-made red Roor bong -- why should I know such a thing, or even how to use a lighter -- but they weren't cloves.

Nice piece, Mikey.

I'm sure the kiddies will be proud.
Marneyo Juano
No big deal, some say weed is good for your lungs. If he's not a regular smoker it shouldn't have a big effect on his swimming career.
Also, good job.
PabloHoneyOle
I'd like to see him become the face of NORML. Lead the way to legalization.

I'm fucking proud of him, I knew he wasn't just some patriotic aqua tool. I'm sure he's not a habitual user, just a kid having fun at a party. Shame his fame ruins his fun. If he's ever in FL, I'll smoke a blunt with him.

If I were him though, I'd fucking beat the ass of whoever took that photo and make sure there are no cameras around next time I pack a fat bowl.
Ex-PS Fanboy
clap.gif
DiO
Best.Pic.Ever
Indy
this is good
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Feb 3 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1481727[/snapback]
this is good

Not for Phelps. Looks like the sherriff in SC is looking into the pictures.

I smoke everyday, I have for about 8 years. You'll never find a pic of me rocking a bong on the internet... although I'm not as famous as Phelps (except on this website).
bOnEs
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 3 2009, 02:37 PM) [snapback]1481734[/snapback]
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Feb 3 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1481727[/snapback]
this is good

Not for Phelps. Looks like the sherriff in SC is looking into the pictures.

I smoke everyday, I have for about 8 years. You'll never find a pic of me rocking a bong on the internet... although I'm not as famous as Phelps (except on this website).

ha lucky for you...

for me, i fear my face is in someone's myspace photo gallery somewhere out there...
CutThatCity
“He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits."
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
"Drugs are for losers, I'm a winner."

The call of mediocre college athletes across the United States.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 3 2009, 04:03 PM) [snapback]1481755[/snapback]
"Drugs are for losers, I'm a winner."

The call of mediocre college athletes across the United States.

drugs make me sick, they're bad for your body... up with hope, down with dope!!
PabloHoneyOle
In highschool, we created a gravity bong using a 5 gallon water bottle and a friend's pool.

Michael Phelps should look into this.

Basic principle for you non-smokers and morons:

Happy 999th post to me!
DiO
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 3 2009, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1481795[/snapback]
In highschool, we created a gravity bong using a 5 gallon water bottle and a friend's pool.

Happy 999th post to me!

Hi.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 3 2009, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1481799[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 3 2009, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1481795[/snapback]

Happy 999th post to me!

Hi.

Hey.
Qdeathstar
Its just pot... and its not like he's a habitual user.

He's tested clean everytime he's been tested.

DiO
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 3 2009, 05:34 PM) [snapback]1481808[/snapback]

No shit. They blow it way out of proportion.
TheAnalogKid2112
BLASPHEMER! HE SHOULD BURN FOR THIS!

Naw, not really. More power to the guy. I like him a little more now that he's down with the ganja.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 3 2009, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1481795[/snapback]

Happy 999th post to me!

I burnt off my friends eyebrows using axe a lighter and a five gallon jug.
But man I gonna try that sometime.
Hardcore Ottoman
This guy is a dumbass. Plain and simple. Don't let people take pictures of you... who does that anyway? Bells should have been ringing in his head at that time.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(punxtr @ Feb 5 2009, 01:02 PM) [snapback]1482193[/snapback]
This guy is a dumbass. Plain and simple. Don't let people take pictures of you... who does that anyway? Bells should have been ringing in his head at that time.

Agreed. You're famous. Don't be an ignorant fuck. Be aware of your surroundings, no matter how stoned you are.
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 3 2009, 10:34 PM) [snapback]1481808[/snapback]

I don't suppose the latter part has very much to do with anything though.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Feb 5 2009, 03:37 PM) [snapback]1482218[/snapback]
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 3 2009, 10:34 PM) [snapback]1481808[/snapback]

I don't suppose the latter part has very much to do with anything though.

Not now that there's photographic proof of him rocking the bong.
Pieface
Can't really prove its pot in there though can they?

And News of the World? Trust a shitty newspaper like them to try and take this out of proportion.
DiO
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 6 2009, 01:46 PM) [snapback]1482387[/snapback]

Did Phelpsy deny smoking a reef?
Pieface
QUOTE(Destruction-Overdrive @ Feb 7 2009, 04:03 AM) [snapback]1482441[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 6 2009, 01:46 PM) [snapback]1482387[/snapback]

Did Phelpsy deny smoking a reef?

Ah well, didn't read the whole of the news post.
My point was that it's a non-issue what the tests say.
Qdeathstar
i think it shows that he isn't a habitual user...
PabloHoneyOle
It looks like 8 other people who are not named Michael Phelps have been arrested surrounding the emergence of this photo.

http://deadspin.com/5150636/michael-phelps...ne=true&s=x
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Feb 11 2009, 06:07 AM) [snapback]1483258[/snapback]
i think it shows that he isn't a habitual user...
Or he times it well.
Pieface
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 12 2009, 12:51 AM) [snapback]1483369[/snapback]
It looks like 8 other people who are not named Michael Phelps have been arrested surrounding the emergence of this photo.

Why did they confiscate it? Surely Bongs aren't illegal. If there was nothing in it they can't charge him really...
Skinny 
That is a REALLY nice bong he has there....
Marneyo Juano
Not really, Just a 2(?) chamber one. You should see the ones I make at home from glass bottles. Had one made out of a 2L vodka bottle...Gotta make another one and get a pic of it.
PabloHoneyOle
In college, we converted a 5 gallon jug into a large chamber bong for multiple people.

The tubes coming out of it looked liked arms, so we named it "Huggy Huggerton". Good times.
TheAnalogKid2112
So he was proven innocent. Apparently there was no evidence?? WTF! XD.png
Full Metal Monkey
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 26 2009, 02:10 AM) [snapback]1487071[/snapback]
So he was proven innocent. Apparently there was no evidence?? WTF! XD.png

Course there aint no evidence. He smoked it all.
Pieface
Well, do they have evidence what was in their?
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 26 2009, 07:48 AM) [snapback]1487156[/snapback]
Well, do they have evidence what was in their?

That's probably what it meant. Being that the photo was allegedly taken around September, there's no way to test him for it.
bOnEs
QUOTE(Pieface @ Feb 13 2009, 07:25 AM) [snapback]1483752[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 12 2009, 12:51 AM) [snapback]1483369[/snapback]

Why did they confiscate it? Surely Bongs aren't illegal. If there was nothing in it they can't charge him really...

if you've smoked an illegal substance through it, it becomes illegal paraphernalia and you CAN get in trouble for it...
curefreak

I don't know i think it's kinda stupid and blown way out of proportion, whatever he wants to do in his personal life that's not hurting anyone else i say leave him the fuck alone.

Seriously don't think he's the stereotypical stoner that sits around and smokes weed all day.

I'm starting to get really sick of how the paparazzi works nowadays where they do everything but walk inside someones house and take picture's of them(and you know they would if they could get away with it) i mean there whole thing with Britney almost made start feeling sorry for her (even tho i think she is a talentless skank) cause it was obvious she was having a lot of mental issues and the Paps were just feeding off it even tho i'm sure there were times where she or some of her entourage probably encouraged them to show up someplace she was gonna be at.

Anyways i'm just using her as an example.

It's also said that whoever took this picture of Micheal Phelps was probably doing it for money.

Also it's nice to see an athelete who is just a normal guy and not some macho steroid freak.
PabloHoneyOle
Sigh.

QUOTE(curefreak @ Mar 2 2009, 10:08 AM) [snapback]1488088[/snapback]
I don't know i think it's kinda stupid and blown way out of proportion, whatever he wants to do in his personal life that's not hurting anyone else i say leave him the fuck alone.

Seriously don't think he's the stereotypical stoner that sits around and smokes weed all day.

Most stoners don't have 14 gold medals and 7 world records. I'm sure Michael Phelps has so much going on he can't just sit around and smoke weed.

I'm starting to get really sick of how the paparazzi works nowadays where they do everything but walk inside someones house and take picture's of them(and you know they would if they could get away with it) i mean there whole thing with Britney almost made start feeling sorry for her (even tho i think she is a talentless skank) cause it was obvious she was having a lot of mental issues and the Paps were just feeding off it even tho i'm sure there were times where she or some of her entourage probably encouraged them to show up someplace she was gonna be at.

Bad example.
1. If we didn't have the paparrazi, there would be no pictures of Britney's beaver.
2. This wasn't even the paparrazi, it was some kid at a party with Michael Phelps hitting a bong who happened to have a camera phone on him to capture this magical moment.

It's also said that whoever took this picture of Micheal Phelps was probably doing it for money.

Also it's nice to see an athelete who is just a normal guy and not some macho steroid freak.

I'm sure the kid didn't take the picture to initially make money. Remember, this is South Carolina. Most people in SC are so inbred they don't even know what the fuck a paparrazi is.

This picture has been around for months, it just recently surfaced when it was brought to the attention of a British tabloid. The kid probably didn't make very much money and if you're following the story, he was probably one of the eight kids who were arrested in connection with the photo surfacing.
curefreak
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 2 2009, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1488099[/snapback]
Sigh.

Most stoners don't have 14 gold medals and 7 world records. I'm sure Michael Phelps has so much going on he can't just sit around and smoke weed.

Bad example.
1. If we didn't have the paparrazi, there would be no pictures of Britney's beaver.
2. This wasn't even the paparrazi, it was some kid at a party with Michael Phelps hitting a bong who happened to have a camera phone on him to capture this magical moment.

I'm sure the kid didn't take the picture to initially make money. Remember, this is South Carolina. Most people in SC are so inbred they don't even know what the fuck a paparrazi is.

This picture has been around for months, it just recently surfaced when it was brought to the attention of a British tabloid. The kid probably didn't make very much money and if you're following the story, he was probably one of the eight kids who were arrested in connection with the photo surfacing.
So they all got arrested for taking a picture of them smoking a bong?
I thought i heard that the sheriff wasn't gonna do anything?

PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(curefreak @ Mar 2 2009, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1488137[/snapback]

They were arrested and put into the system.
There were no formal charges issued, however they were still put into the system.
curefreak
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 2 2009, 07:11 PM) [snapback]1488140[/snapback]
QUOTE(curefreak @ Mar 2 2009, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1488137[/snapback]

They were arrested and put into the system.
There were no formal charges issued, however they were still put into the system.
nice to see our tax dollars at work eh? rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.