Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Multi-player Games?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
Have Rockstar been known to add more Multi-player games in GTA 4 or has the list of games always been the same? It would be great if Rockstar upgrade the list to more choice. I'd love a game where we can sail a ship and meet with another at sea and shoot the hell out of the others to sink their ship. I don't mean it to sound like Battleships, I thought it is an idea. Of course, it's a matter of time and money that Rockstar will have to spend. Even though we won't be paying for them and we can ask how would Rockstar make their money? I can ask how to DVD destributors make a profit when DVD's are sold forI less than what most cost to hire? I bought Rambo for 3.99 the other week and it still costs 4.00 to hire for the night at Video Box.

TreeFitty
QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Jan 31 2009, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1481310[/snapback]
Have Rockstar been known to add more Multi-player games in GTA 4 or has the list of games always been the same?

The games we have now were always there. The Lost and Damned is the first 'extra' to be released.

It would be great if Rockstar upgrade the list to more choice. I'd love a game where we can sail a ship and meet with another at sea and shoot the hell out of the others to sink their ship. I don't mean it to sound like Battleships, I thought it is an idea.
Meh... not that interesting. Too simple.

Of course, it's a matter of time and money that Rockstar will have to spend. Even though we won't be paying for them and we can ask how would Rockstar make their money? I can ask how to DVD destributors make a profit when DVD's are sold forI less than what most cost to hire? I bought Rambo for 3.99 the other week and it still costs 4.00 to hire for the night at Video Box.

What are you on about now?
PabloHoneyOle
I can't wait for the new multiplayer modes that are coming exclusively to the XBOX 360 on February 17th.
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 1 2009, 04:57 AM) [snapback]1481324[/snapback]
I can't wait for the new multiplayer modes that are coming exclusively to the XBOX 360 on February 17th.

This is interesting. Why are they not coming out for the PS3?
ViceMan
QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Feb 1 2009, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1481369[/snapback]

Uh, because of a little $50,000 "exclusivity" deal between MS and R*. Of course we all know that the exclusivity won't last.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Feb 1 2009, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1481377[/snapback]

Uh, because of a little $50,000 "exclusivity" deal between MS and R*. Of course we all know that the exclusivity won't last.

But for now; GTA4 360 > GTA4 PS3 & PC.

I hope the PS3 does get it eventually.
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Feb 1 2009, 07:23 PM) [snapback]1481377[/snapback]

Let's hope PS3 users get the same. Some of the Multi-player games get dry after a while, mostly when BOMB DA BASE 2 never bloody works when it boots us off Multi-player when we are about to place the bloody bombs on the bloody ship. They should have called it BOMB DA MULTI-PLAYER 2 because it seems to keep bombing us players back to the one-player version with Niko in a safehouse.

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 1 2009, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1481386[/snapback]
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Feb 1 2009, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1481377[/snapback]

But for now; GTA4 360 > GTA4 PS3 & PC.

I hope the PS3 does get it eventually.

I forgot about the PC version. I don't have the PC version but I said I forgot about that version for the PC users. What puts me off the PC version is, it uses so much of the hard drive. Over 20GB if I'm not mistaken? That is the only game I've come across to use the most space. God knows how much longer any scan in the PC will take. My AntiVirus does such a deep scan it takes hours and hours to scan my hard drives. My Anti-Virus can spend nearly half a day scanning the GTA 4 folder.
bOnEs
i'd like to see a couple of new co-op multiplayer games but, i'm not complaining... deal breaker is too much fun, and is enoguh to keep me happy about the co-op situation... as far as the other modes of multiplayer goes, what the hell else is there that they could ad in? they've got just about everything there is... deathmatches, races, turf wars, free roam, and competitions... i don't think there's anything else that anyone would play anyways... most matches end up turning into deathmatches anyways...
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 4 2009, 08:28 PM) [snapback]1482046[/snapback]
i'd like to see a couple of new co-op multiplayer games but, i'm not complaining... deal breaker is too much fun, and is enoguh to keep me happy about the co-op situation... as far as the other modes of multiplayer goes, what the hell else is there that they could ad in? they've got just about everything there is... deathmatches, races, turf wars, free roam, and competitions... i don't think there's anything else that anyone would play anyways... most matches end up turning into deathmatches anyways...

I love the Turf Wars.

What I'd love is if there's an Ad-on disc where we can create our own streets and invite others to them so there's more areas to be in where they are also linked to LC where we can travel from one part of LC to created areas and create more buildings to enter.

Speaking of entering buildings, so far I've never had any Multi-player game in a building. I would be good doing one in the museum for starters where one of the story missions was. We fought our way in their against a program and we can try it with real players.
new major on the block
well obviously a zombie mode would kick ass! Have it were 2-16 players have to get from one side of the city to the other without vehicles or boats or helicopters. And the zombies keep coming and get faster and harder to kill. it could be an every man for himself or a team game. Be able to set the amount of deaths you can sustain throughout the match. Or maybe you can set it up like turf war but teams compete against each other on protecting their turf for the longest amount of time against zombies( kinda like nazi zombies on COD) same theme only you could send some team members out to attack the other teams and whipe them out first and then get back and protect your territory. It could be a real challenge and fun if you choose the right weapons. Especially if they do an increasing attack by the zombies.get overtaken and run out of ammo. and all you got is a knife. And all your weapons are of course outside your territory area and you have to fight throught the zombies to reload.
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(new major on the block @ Feb 5 2009, 04:20 AM) [snapback]1482087[/snapback]
well obviously a zombie mode would kick ass! Have it were 2-16 players have to get from one side of the city to the other without vehicles or boats or helicopters. And the zombies keep coming and get faster and harder to kill. it could be an every man for himself or a team game. Be able to set the amount of deaths you can sustain throughout the match. Or maybe you can set it up like turf war but teams compete against each other on protecting their turf for the longest amount of time against zombies( kinda like nazi zombies on COD) same theme only you could send some team members out to attack the other teams and whipe them out first and then get back and protect your territory. It could be a real challenge and fun if you choose the right weapons. Especially if they do an increasing attack by the zombies.get overtaken and run out of ammo. and all you got is a knife. And all your weapons are of course outside your territory area and you have to fight throught the zombies to reload.

That is a great idea. The biting thing should be involved. When somebody even gets sneaked-up on a zombie, they get bitten and they turn into a zombie and then there's more zombies for the human characters to deal with. There can be be two versions. A team version like Cops 'N' Crooks where one team are the humans and the other team are the zombies. Another version where we're we're the humans and the zombies are programmed players. When we get bitten in that version, we come back as ourselves but another zombie is added. The more people get bitten the more zombies appear until it's bonkers with more fun.

I'd also like a sea battle on ships. I wish we can sail ships anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.