Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Grand Theft Auto: Lost and Damned trailer plus a hint at next dlc protagonist
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > The Lost and Damned
angeal18
On the official site of GTA The Lost and Damned, There is a new Johnny trailer available. Also, I have come to a conclusion that Badman is indeed the next GTA Protagonist. He just seems like a Main character kind of guy. Dont you ever hear LJ talk about what Badman does? I think we should keep a close eye on him. Ive also come to ANOTHER conclusion that Luis is the next main character. Look at the impossible trinity scandal?
TwoFacedTanner
Thats funny I dont see anything new.

Except a couple screenshots.
SirPsychoSexy
The video is in the video section.

About Badman, not impossible... It seems about right actually. Would be wierd though...
SirPsychoSexy
I thought a little about it and it can't be Badman. All GTA Characters have always turned drugs down.

Badman smokes, Rockstar won't let the protagonist promote drugs!

And I have an idea about who the protagonist might be...

That guy you drive for Roman early in the game, Jermaine Andrews? He's the Broker leader of M.O.B, what if the second episode is called "Money Over Bitches"?

Maybe it's stupid, but why not?
OptimumPx
I wouldn't want Badman to be the main guy in the next DLC for one reason: I can't understand a fucking word the man says. If it wasn't for the subtitles option I wouldn't understand a word that came outta his mouth.

So......for the love of God and all that's holy don't let it be Badman. doh (12).gif
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(thespacecowboy @ Jan 30 2009, 07:29 PM) [snapback]1481203[/snapback]

About Badman, not impossible... It seems about right actually. Would be wierd though...

Yeah, it wasnt showing up for me at the time.

But I agree with OPX, Badman would be the god damn worst choice for a protagonist.
Him and Jacob both.
angeal18
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jan 31 2009, 08:38 AM) [snapback]1481250[/snapback]

But I agree with OPX, Badman would be the god damn worst choice for a protagonist.
Him and Jacob both.

Then who do you suggest?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Jan 31 2009, 02:47 PM) [snapback]1481281[/snapback]
Then who do you suggest?

No blacks.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 31 2009, 03:21 PM) [snapback]1481288[/snapback]
Then who do you suggest?

No blacks.

Well haha, its not the blacks I care about, but I'd love to know what the fuck my character is saying without subtitles.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 31 2009, 10:21 PM) [snapback]1481288[/snapback]
Then who do you suggest?

No blacks.

I think a story about some black guy from either Bohan or northern Algonquin would be awesome!
I'm thinking American Gangster with Denzel Washington, something like that, it would be great!
OptimumPx
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Jan 31 2009, 08:38 AM) [snapback]1481250[/snapback]

Him and Jacob both.

Then who do you suggest?

It doesn't have to be anybody we already know about. They could pick just about anybody the Niko ran into on the street to be in the next DLC. And you can understand what they say, which is a plus mind you.

What I would think is interesting would be is a DLC where you play as someone who works for United Liberty Papers, or whatever they were called. Just the back story for who they really are and what they are really up to would be a great DLC imo.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Jan 31 2009, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1481325[/snapback]
It doesn't have to be anybody we already know about. They could pick just about anybody the Niko ran into on the street to be in the next DLC.

Agreed.
angeal18
This would never happen but what if Claude was the next dlc character?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Feb 1 2009, 11:43 AM) [snapback]1481364[/snapback]

You'd bust a nut in your panties, I guess.

What if Mickey Mouse was the next DLC character? Stop with the bullshit hypotheticals about the next DLC.
ViceMan
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Feb 1 2009, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1481364[/snapback]

But what if Tommy came to Liberty City and met up with CJ and they took on Claude in a super-laser battle atop the Rotterdam Tower, then Niko shot them down with his Uber-zooka?

I dunno, i'd like to see Dwayne's backstory, but I seriously doubt the DLC will go back in time to the early 90's.
TreeFitty
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Feb 1 2009, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1481390[/snapback]
QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Feb 1 2009, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1481364[/snapback]

But what if Tommy came to Liberty City and met up with CJ and they took on Claude in a super-laser battle atop the Rotterdam Tower, then Niko shot them down with his Uber-zooka?

Best. Plot. Ever.

I dunno, i'd like to see Dwayne's backstory, but I seriously doubt the DLC will go back in time to the early 90's.

Yea if they go back in time certain vehicles will have to be taken out or replaced with older versions. I don't think they'll put in the work to make older versions of a lot of the vehicles.
ThomasH
No, all lies, It's going to be French Tom , duh, everyone knows that. thumbup.gif
He just walking around with his hairdryer killing people from another barber shop and racing around in his pink merrit, awesome!

Can't wait.. rolleyes.gif

But really, it would be awesome to play with Badman, just because he doesn't show up in the main game so much, It's cool to see this from his side.
And yeah, you can almost pick any character from the game to play with.

But first, I'm going to kick ass with my grenade launcher. scooter.gif
Skinny 
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Feb 2 2009, 07:57 AM) [snapback]1481390[/snapback]

I'd buy it.

But seriously, I do think Badman would be good, but having to have subtitles on constantly would be inappropriate.

QUOTE(thespacecowboy @ Jan 31 2009, 12:55 PM) [snapback]1481208[/snapback]
That guy you drive for Roman early in the game, Jermaine Andrews? He's the Broker leader of M.O.B, what if the second episode is called "Money Over Bitches"?

Could be. They were put in the game and didn't seem to fit into the story at all, so since they are there, why not?

QUOTE(angeal 18 @ Feb 2 2009, 03:43 AM) [snapback]1481364[/snapback]

What if you shut the fuck up? Imagine that...
istealkegs
QUOTE(thespacecowboy @ Jan 30 2009, 08:55 PM) [snapback]1481208[/snapback]
I thought a little about it and it can't be Badman. All GTA Characters have always turned drugs down.

The FIRST line Johnny says in the most recent video is, "Under this ravaged, DRUG-addled exterior, lies a...."

Johnny uses drugs. A lot of them, at that.

EDIT: also, pot's not a drug.
ViceMan
I don't think R* has a written rule that their protagonist always has to be anti-drugs, it's just coincidental. Most of the old characters have certainly had an involvement in drugs, whether it be dealing them or delivering them.

Anyway I still say Dwayne's backstory would be good, but not too much gangsta-ism.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Feb 3 2009, 06:42 PM) [snapback]1481701[/snapback]

The FIRST line Johnny says in the most recent video is, "Under this ravaged, DRUG-addled exterior, lies a...."

Of course I'm not sure that Rockstar won't let their main character do drugs, but just because he said that doesn't mean he does drugs. It could mean anything. But all the former protagonists have very clearly turned drugs down.

And yes, pot IS a drug.
istealkegs
QUOTE(thespacecowboy @ Feb 4 2009, 11:46 AM) [snapback]1482003[/snapback]

Of course I'm not sure that Rockstar won't let their main character do drugs, but just because he said that doesn't mean he does drugs. It could mean anything. But all the former protagonists have very clearly turned drugs down.

And yes, pot IS a drug.

Yea I guess you're right... maybe Johnny's a Born-again Christian who is trying to turn this Biker gang into a peace loving save-Liberty-City-from-crime organization....

I also heard that all of the new bikes are eco-friendly and 2 are even completely electric...

Go Green.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Feb 4 2009, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1482007[/snapback]

And yes, pot IS a drug.

Yea I guess you're right... maybe Johnny's a Born-again Christian who is trying to turn this Biker gang into a peace loving save-Liberty-City-from-crime organization....

I also heard that all of the new bikes are eco-friendly and 2 are even completely electric...

Go Green.

That'd be AWEsome! Though, I didn't say anything of that, all I said was, it doesn't HAVE to MEAN that he does drugs.
angeal18
Its luis
buckwa.inc
i think it would be fun to have a dlc with packie and this brothers when they were big in liberty city, only problem is thats there alcoholic coke heads so probably scrubs them off the list
TwoFacedTanner
This is kinda neat.
I was doing the story again, got to Three Leaf Clover.

The two guys on the floor, the white guy asks the black guy what his name is.

He says "Luis"

Looks like the same Luis that robs you at the diamond heist later.

And also, on No Way on the Subway(or whatever its called)

You kill a biker by the name of Jim Fitzgerald. I assume this is the same Jim that is featured in the L&D debut trailer. Because the police computer says hes old, and the guy in the trailer looks old.
Roman
Master Chief will be the next DLC main character.
Massacre
ohmy.gif
Harrop
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Feb 4 2009, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1482007[/snapback]

And yes, pot IS a drug.

Go Green.

LMAO!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.