Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: resolution
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
DASHU
hey guys, i have a 19" lcd, that should run in 1440x900,
but the game would only allow me to change up to 1152x864 75hz
i have overclocked my video card, but it seems that the settings depends on the size of the video memory, sad to say that even if im using an overclocked ddr3 video card, its memory is only 256MB. so is ther a way to patch the limit of the game?

by the way, my specs are:

Intel Core2Quad Q6600
INTEL DP35 Board
Asus 8600GT 256MBDDR3 silent
Kingston 2x1GB dual ch.
Samsung 320GB 16mb cache
Vista Home Premium
*vista rating 5.5
HEAT84
I have the same problem except for me the limit is 1280x1024. When I set the windows resolution higher thinking the game will let me set it to that resolution, I get the dd3d30 error when the game tries to start.
DASHU
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Jan 21 2009, 05:45 PM) [snapback]1479979[/snapback]
I have the same problem except for me the limit is 1280x1024. When I set the windows resolution higher thinking the game will let me set it to that resolution, I get the dd3d30 error when the game tries to start.

i have upgraded my video card driver to the beta 180.84 nvida driver. now, i can max it up to 1280x20 75hz.
but still i want to change it to 1440x900, does anyone here know how to patch or mod it?
DASHU
ey guys no need for me to look for mod, or something. i have just installed the new patch released by GTA IV, and voila. i can now maximize my resolution to 1440x900 75hz. high, water, reflection and shadow. though i can only set the texture quality to medium.
HEAT84
QUOTE(DASHU @ Jan 26 2009, 02:20 AM) [snapback]1480664[/snapback]
ey guys no need for me to look for mod, or something. i have just installed the new patch released by GTA IV, and voila. i can now maximize my resolution to 1440x900 75hz. high, water, reflection and shadow. though i can only set the texture quality to medium.

If you lower the view distance you can raise the texture quality. It won't let you have them both up. If you use the -norestriction (I think that's the one) command line switch you can put them both up.

I'll have to try to raise the resolution. I already installed the new patch. I guess you have to have Windows set to that resolution before the game will let you raise it?
DASHU
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Jan 27 2009, 04:51 AM) [snapback]1480742[/snapback]
QUOTE(DASHU @ Jan 26 2009, 02:20 AM) [snapback]1480664[/snapback]

If you lower the view distance you can raise the texture quality. It won't let you have them both up. If you use the -norestriction (I think that's the one) command line switch you can put them both up.

I'll have to try to raise the resolution. I already installed the new patch. I guess you have to have Windows set to that resolution before the game will let you raise it?

my windows reolution is set to 1440x900, though it doesn't affect the in game resolution.

where to put that command line?
HEAT84
Either make a file in the GTAIV directory called commandline.tx and put: -width: Set width of main render window (default is 800)
-height: Set height of main render window (default is 600)

in the fie. Open the properties of the GTAIV Start Menu shortcut and in the target field add those commands to the end: "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\LaunchGTAIV.exe" -width: 1440 -height: 900

Sometimes one method doesn't work so try the other. If you use the shortcut method, you have to open the game with the shortcut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.