Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deal....Revenge (Problem)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
Skepta
Hey all, my first post to well I was on here when it was gta-sa.com but never mind that

I chose deal I can do everything apart from flying the bloody helicopter I just cant keep up with him! TBH I don't see myself completing this luckily I saved the game just before I had to choose Deal/Revenge can someone tell me is revenge any easier... if not im just gonna give up.
ViceMan
Both endings involve flying a helicopter, unfortunately. Why can't you do it? Is there some sort of glitch in your game, flying the heli isn't that hard at all IMO.
Skepta
its just flying after him its bloody hard! he turns so much its worse than paper trail which took me a good 20+ trys
ViceMan
Well once you know the route he takes you can fly without actually following him, you don't need to follow him when he flies under the bridge, actually as long as he's in spawn range you should be alright.
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(Skepta @ Jan 18 2009, 05:24 PM) [snapback]1479384[/snapback]
Hey all, my first post to well I was on here when it was gta-sa.com but never mind that

I chose deal I can do everything apart from flying the bloody helicopter I just cant keep up with him! TBH I don't see myself completing this luckily I saved the game just before I had to choose Deal/Revenge can someone tell me is revenge any easier... if not im just gonna give up.

If you quit on Deal and chose Revenge, here's a little tip. On the cargo ship that Niko arrived to LC on, you might find it hard to get more health and armour on the way off the ship because of too many more men coming onboard and getting in the way of the health and armour. The tip is this. Sneak around the deck where nobody is shooting and jump overboard and swim to land. If you can't find any health and a hospital doesn't have any outside, get in an ambulance and your health will restore itself. Then look for some armour. After that, go back to the ship and enter it the way you did in the first place and you should live long enough to pass the mission. That method that I thought-up, it also saves shooting your way out of the kitchen and the bunk areas. Just jumping overboard near the end of that mission and getting more health and armour on land cuts out the middleman that Rockstar never thought of. Lol.

It's true about a helicopter bit later in Revenge. Be aware, when you get to the spot where you're going to shoot the bastard that you're after, watch out for the security guard because he can get in the way so you might have to kill that stupid bastard as well. One of them started shooting at me on the ship where he was guarding the dock and then I got the other at the other end after landing the helicopter.
SirPsychoSexy
I think your problem is that you simply suck at helicopters, maybe you wanna practice some before you do the mission again? As you probably already know helicopters can be found at the helipad in south Algonquin, on the roof of the large LCPD Station in north Algonquin, on the airport or at various skyscraper roofs.

So go ahead and practice and good luck!
Ex-PS Fanboy
to put it simply...

Revenge is harder than deal, BUT...

...If you do revenge, the final mission will be easier.

I share your pain, I've done both endings, and i've had to do the final mission about 3 times on deal, because I either couldn't reach the heli, or lost Dimitri.

If you do revenge, you will instead have to drive a bike to the chopper, and follow a boat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.