Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mad World
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
aussie_b8ler
I was wondering if anyone else was looking forward to this game. It is one of the most violent games I have seen, and it shocked me that it was granted classification by the OFLC. Normally us Aussies draw the short straw, but now it seems we will be able to enjoy Mad World and all of it's gruesome goodness.

Here is a link to the 4 trailers that have been released so far.

To me it looks a lot like Sin City with a tad of Gears Of War thrown in for good measure. I cant wait to act out all this senseless violence with my Wii remote. Killing simulator FTW.

PabloHoneyOle
Meh.

Just because a video game has violence doesn't make it the shit. Granted, that video had some spectacular kills.

I heard it was nothing more than an updated version of the old game SMASH TV. Probably get old pretty quick.
asthenia
I still play Smash TV sometimes. wub.gif

This I will never play.
TheAnalogKid2112
Looks ok. Maybe for a 5 dollar PSN download. Looks to be Nintendo exclusive. Doesn't look too unique. Just gonna sell because it's the first gory Wii game.
TwoFacedTanner
The scream was the exact same every time. That would get so annoying.
Kamahl
looks shitty... maybe its just me but random violence doesnt make me buy games and it seems like thats all they are showing.
TheAnalogKid2112
aussie_b8ler = owned.
aussie_b8ler
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jan 18 2009, 07:01 PM) [snapback]1479403[/snapback]
aussie_b8ler = owned.

I never said it was a good game. I said i was looking forward to acting out the various slaughters.

And how did I get owned? People pointing out flaws in a game and saying that it does not appeal to them does not affect me and my views. I asked if anybody was looking forward to the game. 6 people said no. That is not an owning of any kind.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(aussie_b8ler @ Jan 18 2009, 01:10 PM) [snapback]1479420[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jan 18 2009, 07:01 PM) [snapback]1479403[/snapback]
aussie_b8ler = owned.

I never said it was a good game. I said i was looking forward to acting out the various slaughters.

And how did I get owned? People pointing out flaws in a game and saying that it does not appeal to them does not affect me and my views. I asked if anybody was looking forward to the game. 6 people said no. That is not an owning of any kind.

It was just a joke buddy.
Indy
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Jan 18 2009, 06:21 PM) [snapback]1479400[/snapback]
looks shitty... maybe its just me but random violence doesnt make me buy games and it seems like thats all they are showing.

Same. Just something about the game that isn't appealing at all.
bOnEs
...that's because no one here is a fan of the wii... the wii doesn't cater to the hardcore gamers... and that's why no one cares about their system nor their games... they are meant to be casual games... lol...

me personally, one of my friends bought a wii just last week and she brought it over to my house... it's actually pretty damn fun to play... we were playing wii sports for like 4 hours straight!! lol, and after like every 2 hours, it encourages you to turn the system off... lol...

but, that game looks fun... i love the art direction with it... i am not sure if it's the type of game my friend would play but, i might be worth a rental when she brings the wii over in the future...
Indy
I have a wii. Play it for about a week, and then you'll get bored and move back to your 360/PS3
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Jan 19 2009, 10:25 AM) [snapback]1479568[/snapback]
I have a wii. Play it for about a week, and then you'll get bored and move back to your 360/PS3

Same here. Took the words right out of my mouth. I haven't touched the thing since September.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Anything Wii Automatically Fails.
bOnEs
...and that only backs up my point... the wii isn't for hardcore gamers... every single one of them will mention how they got bored of it after a short amount of time... it's for people like my friend who casually plays games when she's got free time...
Ex-PS Fanboy
Even then I still wouldn't play it.
Indy
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Jan 19 2009, 07:37 PM) [snapback]1479581[/snapback]
Even then I still wouldn't play it.

lol

I don't get time to play any more though, I think i've gone off video games ph34r.gif
Kamahl
QUOTE(IndĽ @ Jan 19 2009, 01:25 PM) [snapback]1479568[/snapback]

the same happened to my friend... he has wii sports, zelda, mario kart and smash bros... he barely touches the thing.
Indy
Problem is, by the time you've realised that it isn't actually that good, you've already bought it loll
Pieface
Game doesn't look too bad. I'd rather get other games over it.
aussie_b8ler
I think some of you are missing the point.

I am not saying that this game will stand up against giants such as Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5 or Skate 2. (All of which are released within a month or two of each other). I am saying that for a Wii game it looks pretty good. We all know that the Wii hasn't really delivered many quality exclusives. But in my opinion this game looks to be a step in the right direction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.