Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA 4 In Happiness Island
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
In GTA 4, when I was playing the Team Deathmatch in Happiness Island, every time I shoot at people they never die. Some people never made a run for it or fired back for defence. I shot several people in the head at point-blank range and they still lived, however, when people shoot at me, I'm dead a second later with full armour and health. Is this because others are cheating? First, there's no Infinite Health cheat and they wouldn't have time to activate a health cheat through the cell phone the way I was firing at them. Also, I can't go believing everyone would be using the same cheat in the same place at the same time. How come they never die for me and I always die for them?

It's bad enough when others use cheats in the other Multi-player games in GTA 4 because they ruin the fun for people like me that want to play it properly. Why do others cheat? Is it because they can't handle it? Is it because they are cowards and they can't fight like a man? They are pathetic.

Thanks.
ViceMan
Meh, maybe a bad connection, if it's out of sync sometimes it takes a long time for the damage to register. Also when you spawn you're invulnerable for a few seconds.
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jan 16 2009, 06:24 PM) [snapback]1479118[/snapback]
Meh, maybe a bad connection, if it's out of sync sometimes it takes a long time for the damage to register. Also when you spawn you're invulnerable for a few seconds.

Thanks for the reply. I still believe some people use cheats that spoils it for others. One game, I fired a rocket launcher towards somebody and the rocket hit a wall a few feet away from somebody and he never died. He never even flew in the air. All he did was gun me down. This reminds me, sometimes when I shoot people, I have to fire for about ten seconds with a re-load in-between until I can kill them and when people shoot me I'm dead in one to two seconds with full armour and healh. This is why it's unfare when they cheat. I spend about two minutes collecting armour and plenty of ammo and I lose it all soon after and that's about two minutes of the game wasted. I've been shooting at some people with a sniper rifle and they stay alive and when they return fire with a machine gun I'm dead one to two seconds later. I think to myself "no way, the range with that gun isn't powerful enough for that distance"! Also, how did they manage to kill me with a few bullets at a long range with manual aim? They were too far away and as I said, those weapons don't have a range that powerful. That was the whole point in me using a sniper rifle because the sniper rifle has a much more powerful range. If they can't play it propely, I don't know why they bother. When I think of it, I wonder how many trophies they earn that they earnt by cheating and that's like them having stolen trophies because they don't really belong to them. What they do in their one player games is their business as long as they don't corrupt the Multi-player games by spoiling them for others.
Banana Boy
QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Jan 16 2009, 07:55 PM) [snapback]1479172[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply. I still believe some people use cheats that spoils it for others. One game, I fired a rocket launcher towards somebody and the rocket hit a wall a few feet away from somebody and he never died. He never even flew in the air. All he did was gun me down. This reminds me, sometimes when I shoot people, I have to fire for about ten seconds with a re-load in-between until I can kill them and when people shoot me I'm dead in one to two seconds with full armour and healh. This is why it's unfare when they cheat. I spend about two minutes collecting armour and plenty of ammo and I lose it all soon after and that's about two minutes of the game wasted. I've been shooting at some people with a sniper rifle and they stay alive and when they return fire with a machine gun I'm dead one to two seconds later. I think to myself "no way, the range with that gun isn't powerful enough for that distance"! Also, how did they manage to kill me with a few bullets at a long range with manual aim? They were too far away and as I said, those weapons don't have a range that powerful. That was the whole point in me using a sniper rifle because the sniper rifle has a much more powerful range. If they can't play it propely, I don't know why they bother. When I think of it, I wonder how many trophies they earn that they earnt by cheating and that's like them having stolen trophies because they don't really belong to them. What they do in their one player games is their business as long as they don't corrupt the Multi-player games by spoiling them for others.

this very thing reminds me of Call of Duty 4 sometimes, where my connection would be INCREDIBLY GREAT, not just incredible, BUT GREAT TOO! biggrin.gif

problem is, is when some asshole comes in with a shitty connection because he is either a poor fuckin bastard, or just an asshole who doesnt wana just exit and come back in, he ends up jumpin all over the screen in frames because of his shitty laggy connection that i cant get a hit on him or only a few, then apparently he can just shoot me like im a standing target with my pants down saying "shoot here!"

but yea alot of times in GTA4 where shooting people doesnt cut it at all, and running them over doesnt work either, when i'd go to run people over they are supposed to flop around and fall on the ground then take the 4 seconds to get back up, apparently not where after i'd hit him, the animation would occur, but then he'd suddenly be back up and be able to shoot me.

I remember in a team death match where it was 3-3, no one came into the game and no one left for the entire 20-30 minutes, and the other teams score was WAY over what our deaths were, where they had like 100 kills between all 3 of them and we only had about 60 between all of us, somehow they were boosting their score and it was rediculous. i go into a GTA Race where we had to get frow one point to another by any means nessesary, which was from alderny to bohan, well i found an infernus in a parking lot and took the plumbers sky way all the way up and through the under water tunnel, through the triangle and onto the east burough bridge and i was about 1 mile away from victory when i see this blip on my map moving incredibly fast and i assumed it was a helicopter but when it supposedly few over me and i looked everywhere around he was not to be seen, BUT apparently i just randomly explode and the screen said "(fuckinplayer)UNDEFINED AssassinatorPie UNDEFINED" when I KNEW i turned off weapons to only melee, and he won the race.
ViceMan
As far as I know there are no hacks/cheats for multiplayer, I have noticed odd things but I put it down to either my or someone elses connection. I guess if the person you're playing is halfway across the world it doesn't help matters either.
Banana Boy
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jan 17 2009, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1479246[/snapback]
As far as I know there are no hacks/cheats for multiplayer, I have noticed odd things but I put it down to either my or someone elses connection. I guess if the person you're playing is halfway across the world it doesn't help matters either.

still when "shit happens", well "shit shouldnt happen"

i shouldnt get a crap score because some asshole cant get better internet, regardless of weath or other factors
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Assassinator @ Jan 17 2009, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1479277[/snapback]

i shouldnt get a crap score because some asshole cant get better internet, regardless of weath or other factors

I'm sure you're really just terrible at multiplayer and are just bitching because you always get owned by 8 year olds.

Shit happens. EAT IT.
Banana Boy
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 18 2009, 07:54 AM) [snapback]1479357[/snapback]

I'm sure you're really just terrible at multiplayer and are just bitching because you always get owned by 8 year olds.

Shit happens. EAT IT.

im sure you just came in and had to post SOMETHING to make yourself look good, but hey what do I know im just a terrible player getting beat by eight year olds.

seriously, i have run into this crap loads of times, where people lag the hell out of the game, or are skipping frams all around

how is it that I have full armor and health yes some guy on the other side of the airport can shoot me with an SMG and i die in about 2 seconds

how is it that I sometimes randomly explode during races when i am in the lead and its a point A to Point B race, a regular race no doubt, not GTA race where poeple shoot at you because they cant be smart enough to take an Apex on a turn (thank you gran turismo 5)
istealkegs
QUOTE(Assassinator @ Jan 18 2009, 08:59 AM) [snapback]1479364[/snapback]

Shit happens. EAT IT.

im sure you just came in and had to post SOMETHING to make yourself look good, but hey what do I know im just a terrible player getting beat by eight year olds.

seriously, i have run into this crap loads of times, where people lag the hell out of the game, or are skipping frams all around

how is it that I have full armor and health yes some guy on the other side of the airport can shoot me with an SMG and i die in about 2 seconds

how is it that I sometimes randomly explode during races when i am in the lead and its a point A to Point B race, a regular race no doubt, not GTA race where poeple shoot at you because they cant be smart enough to take an Apex on a turn (thank you gran turismo 5)

I'd imagine that it is YOU with the crap internet connection... other people do not appear to be having this type of problem.
Banana Boy
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Jan 26 2009, 02:41 PM) [snapback]1480725[/snapback]
QUOTE(Assassinator @ Jan 18 2009, 08:59 AM) [snapback]1479364[/snapback]

Shit happens. EAT IT.

I'd imagine that it is YOU with the crap internet connection... other people do not appear to be having this type of problem.

I have Verizon FIOS

the fastest internet out there at about 20MB/sec no way im getting lag
ViceMan
Actually it's kind of off-topic but a recent survey by "some people" concluded that most ISPs don't provide the speeds they say they will, I know I don't get the 10-16MB promised to me by Sky, I only get 5 at most.

Anyway your connection doesn't excuse the fact there could be a fault in the line somewhere.
TreeFitty
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jan 26 2009, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1480741[/snapback]
Actually it's kind of off-topic but a recent survey by "some people" concluded that most ISPs don't provide the speeds they say they will...

ohmy.gif shocking!

Anyway, lag is always to blame, not 'cheats'.
new major on the block
i have once in a while had the same shit happen to me. So i changed my strategy, i get away from everyone, load up on weapons, ammo, and armor, then find a nice spot way out of range of any gun except a sniper rifle and have fun just picking people off randomly. I also watch my map just incase someone wants to sneak up on me and do the same. I stay out of site, pick some off and then move on and go to a new site. Then i'll fly around in the chopper and stalk some people and when their backs are turned and are worried about someone else, i charge in and mow them down.
Banana Boy
QUOTE(ViceMan @ Jan 26 2009, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1480741[/snapback]
Actually it's kind of off-topic but a recent survey by "some people" concluded that most ISPs don't provide the speeds they say they will, I know I don't get the 10-16MB promised to me by Sky, I only get 5 at most.

Anyway your connection doesn't excuse the fact there could be a fault in the line somewhere.

under certain factors will you get that kind of output

i remember on my MP3 player, it said it can last up to 45 hours BUT it said to get that 45 hours of power i couldnt have a back ground picture, i shouldnt have more than 3 MB's on it due to loading times, and my lighting switch had to be on low

I also dont ALWAYS get 20mb/sec but because of these extra factors and stuff i have gotten as high as 17-19

QUOTE(new major on the block @ Jan 26 2009, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1480762[/snapback]
i have once in a while had the same shit happen to me. So i changed my strategy, i get away from everyone, load up on weapons, ammo, and armor, then find a nice spot way out of range of any gun except a sniper rifle and have fun just picking people off randomly. I also watch my map just incase someone wants to sneak up on me and do the same. I stay out of site, pick some off and then move on and go to a new site. Then i'll fly around in the chopper and stalk some people and when their backs are turned and are worried about someone else, i charge in and mow them down.

thats exactly what I do, load up on weapons and gear, before I pick a building, i want to get close enough to the action but not too far away, I always get a fast car and park it in an alley way (bohan has many alley ways and climable buildings) I usually prefer a PMP 600 because its windows are low which means it makes it harder for the other guy to shoot me, sometimes I find a car with the trunk open while some pedestrian is using it, I really like to take those because even at high speeds the trunk wont go down and it makes a back window defence, AND the car wont take damage if it hits that trunk thats open. Ok back on the weapons, some times ill bring in a mavric, not an annihalator because its too big sometimes, park the heli on the roof of the car and start camping, stealing all the smores and hogging the tent, BUT FOR SOME ODD REASON, some guy can shoot me from aways away with a pistol when my carbine wont lock on at that range
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(Assassinator @ Jan 17 2009, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1479227[/snapback]
QUOTE(WHERE_IS_MIANUS @ Jan 16 2009, 07:55 PM) [snapback]1479172[/snapback]

this very thing reminds me of Call of Duty 4 sometimes, where my connection would be INCREDIBLY GREAT, not just incredible, BUT GREAT TOO! biggrin.gif

problem is, is when some asshole comes in with a shitty connection because he is either a poor fuckin bastard, or just an asshole who doesnt wana just exit and come back in, he ends up jumpin all over the screen in frames because of his shitty laggy connection that i cant get a hit on him or only a few, then apparently he can just shoot me like im a standing target with my pants down saying "shoot here!"

but yea alot of times in GTA4 where shooting people doesnt cut it at all, and running them over doesnt work either, when i'd go to run people over they are supposed to flop around and fall on the ground then take the 4 seconds to get back up, apparently not where after i'd hit him, the animation would occur, but then he'd suddenly be back up and be able to shoot me.

I remember in a team death match where it was 3-3, no one came into the game and no one left for the entire 20-30 minutes, and the other teams score was WAY over what our deaths were, where they had like 100 kills between all 3 of them and we only had about 60 between all of us, somehow they were boosting their score and it was rediculous. i go into a GTA Race where we had to get frow one point to another by any means nessesary, which was from alderny to bohan, well i found an infernus in a parking lot and took the plumbers sky way all the way up and through the under water tunnel, through the triangle and onto the east burough bridge and i was about 1 mile away from victory when i see this blip on my map moving incredibly fast and i assumed it was a helicopter but when it supposedly few over me and i looked everywhere around he was not to be seen, BUT apparently i just randomly explode and the screen said "(fuckinplayer)UNDEFINED AssassinatorPie UNDEFINED" when I KNEW i turned off weapons to only melee, and he won the race.

I had had something like this where somebody's connection was bad in GTA 4. Somebody was right in front of me when I was in a car and I went to run him over and he never appeared to make an effort to save himself and just when I was about to hit him he disappeared and re-appeared a little to my right where I missed him. I reversed to try again and just when I was about to hit him he disappeared and re-appeared to what is my reversed-version right that was his left and I missed him again. That happened again and again. I've had the same when I've shot at some people, they dart around the streets like the superhero Flash and one time somebody that did that after darting about shot me from behind a wall where he disappeared for about four seconds and of course, I never saw him running for cover. It was like trying to kill David Copperfield.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.