Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DLC, how long will it be?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Downloadable Content / Next GTA Discussion
SirPsychoSexy
Hey!

I read an interview on IGN with two committed GTA fans (of course these guys are only fans and just as ignorant as I am)where they speculated in how long the DLC pack will be. One of them said that he expected it to be around a dozen new missions in the new story. But I am going through the Main Story for the second time and it got me thinking...

In the Trailer for The Lost and Damned this biker guy Jason (who Niko kills early in the game) is alive. This should mean that Johnnys story beginns around the time when Nikos beginns.

Now I just did the mission where Roman is kidnapped by this "biker". And I've done about 40 missions.

Then Johnny is in on the diamond deal with Ray Boccino, which will happen in maybe like another 10 missions.

Assuming that you get to do the drug deal and the diamond deal in the DLC, this should mean that there will be at least 50 missions. And does it have to end there? Couldn't the DLC Story be just as long as the Main Story?

Oh yeah, and one more thing I'm thinking about...

How will it work with the bridges in the DLC?

The Lost hangs out in Alderney and the bridge and tunnel that goes there opens up after around 2/3s of the game.

Although Johnny is in Bohan and Algonquin earlier than that.

Any thoughts?
1UP
Yes you are right that guy is already dead, the DLC technically takes place right before Niko arrives or at the same time he arrived at Liberty City. Your probably in the rough area of how many missions there are, I myself would think maybe thirty, but thats just meh opinion.

Along with the new weapons and vehicles there may be something else, after all they may put some sort of hidden package thing in like the Flying rats. Not something we would know however.lol

About the bridges the DLC will probably be separate from the game you play as Niko. There will probably be some sort of menu to select which storyline or w/e, thats my guess. Otherwise you'd be creating a paradox.

DLC is coming out very soon, so we will be finding out every detail quite soon.
mjw911
the DLC says that there will be new missions, new characters and new cars...but no clothes!!! so i guess we are not expecting the fingerless gloves till the second DLC episode. *sigh*
PabloHoneyOle
I'm curious about the achievements and the points associated.

DLC is coming out in less than a month. If details aren't released soon, I'd expect another delay...

I'm also sure there will be clothes of some sort, but I digress, only homos (^) want to play barbie dress up in videogames.
istealkegs
well to put this to rest, the DLC will be 30ish missions long... not bad.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Jan 23 2009, 02:54 PM) [snapback]1480362[/snapback]
well to put this to rest, the DLC will be 30ish missions long... not bad.

I agree that 30 missions isn't bad for the dlc... if it would've come out in august as planned! They've been working on it for nearly 10 months, and with the setting already there it shouldn't have been too much job to make it a little longer.

But I have no one else to blame for my disappointment than myself. Although I'm not that disappointed...

Totally looking forward to the DLC! I think it's gonna rock!
Seeen
How much can happen in 30 missions? They better be some pretty lengthy tasks. Maybe that's why they implemented the mid-mission checkpoint feature.
Banana Boy
QUOTE(Seeen @ Jan 24 2009, 12:52 PM) [snapback]1480513[/snapback]
How much can happen in 30 missions? They better be some pretty lengthy tasks. Maybe that's why they implemented the mid-mission checkpoint feature.

well now that we have an idea what will be in the DLC

2nd problem is WHEN WILL IT COME OUT

3rd problem; WILL IT BE FREE??
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(Assassinator @ Jan 25 2009, 08:05 PM) [snapback]1480650[/snapback]
well now that we have an idea what will be in the DLC

2nd problem is WHEN WILL IT COME OUT

3rd problem; WILL IT BE FREE??

You should wait until after 2.17.09 and just read all the posts the xbox users post about the DLC to get a better idea exactly what you're missing.
2nd: It comes out 2.17.09 for the 360, there is no word at this time about the PS3.
3rd: Never, you broke bitch.
1UP
QUOTE(Rockstar Games)
Starting February 17th, 2009, simply go to Xbox LIVE Marketplace with your connected Xbox 360 console and purchase the Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned download for either $19.99 or 1600 Microsoft Points.

To answer someones post, it has been mentioned that the missions are more lengthy, difficult, and fast paced compared to Niko's storyline.
Official Website: http://www.rockstargames.com/thelostanddamned/index2.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.