Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA V By End of '09?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
IllusionRSN
"We're not talking about new DLC or a collection of previously available DLC, we're talking about a full retail game. We expect this title to follow the suit of previous GTAs and use a subtitle such as GTA: San Andreas, etc. Tokyo might be a possible setting for the game, but details are non-existent at this time." - Game Informer Issue 190"

Read More>>>
asthenia
lol.
IllusionRSN
They would be dumb to do this. I've contacted R* about it, just waiting for a reply.
asthenia
Common sense, I choose you!

There's no need to contact them, it's not happening.
CutThatCity
Gimme a source and I'm sold.
TheAnalogKid2112
What a moron. Isn't that Chinatown Wars you're talking about?
IllusionRSN
The source is in the quotes, and who are you calling a moron?
asthenia
GameInformer, who's their source? The air? Posted on a CGN website, then posted here by a CGN employee/affiliate.

I'll wait for the official press release on this one, who's with me?
IllusionRSN
So everyone is clear, I'm not agreeing to them releasing an entire new game by the end of this year, I think there is a snowballs chance in hell that would happen. I'm just posting the news that I see.
asthenia
On your network.
ViceMan
I would expect info for the next game by the end of this year, nothing else.
bOnEs
who is this guy?! and how is a paragraph blurb considered credible?
Mattay
There's no way another GTA game (as far as a good console/PC based one) will be released by the end of the year. It would be rushed and be shit compared to GTA IV.
IllusionRSN
QUOTE(Mattay @ Jan 14 2009, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1478900[/snapback]
There's no way another GTA game (as far as a good console/PC based one) will be released by the end of the year. It would be rushed and be shit compared to GTA IV.

Agreed
Qdeathstar
I could see GTAIV: Vice City (ect) being released this year, since GTAIV was released in april of last year, that would make it almost 2 years, like the previous reinterations

October 2001 Liberty city
October 2002 Vice City
October 2004 San andreas

I don't think anyone thought GTA vice city was shit compared to GTA III

thats probably where the speculation is comming from, previous release dates..
psychÝ
QUOTE(IllusionMPN @ Jan 14 2009, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1478884[/snapback]
The source is in the quotes, and who are you calling a moron?

Well it seem pretty obvious, but then again if you are a moron you might not notice.

Just isn't going to happen.
PabloHoneyOle
This forum is full of morons.
1UP
QUOTE(IllusionMPN @ Jan 14 2009, 03:30 PM) [snapback]1478870[/snapback]
"We're not talking about new DLC or a collection of previously available DLC, we're talking about a full retail game. We expect this title to follow the suit of previous GTAs and use a subtitle such as GTA: San Andreas, etc. Tokyo might be a possible setting for the game, but details are non-existent at this time." - Game Informer Issue 190"

Read More>>>

For one it wouldn't be considered GTA V, if it was another GTA (place interesting name here) it would by a sequel to GTA IV... GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas is a set series, meaning all of them are pretty much GTA III. If the next ones not called GTA V by itself it will not be GTA V, more then likely the numbering they seem to have done last gen is a representation of that generation and series. Makes sense don't it considering all of them had many returning characters and GTA IV did not return any of them. Why cant they say the next GTA like a credible news source should.

Also I doubt it coming out this year, I bet it'll be announced this year, but I couldn't see them coming out this year when they have 2 episodic contents for moneysoft to do. It would ruin their sales of the DLC. Would be a bad idea altogether. GameInformer is probably blowing wind to get attention, a guess on their part probably from that old old news for GTA sin city and GTA bogota being registered by Rockstar, Edit - Talking about the obvious knowledge that something will be announced this year.

Oh yeah, forgot, im with Ast on this...
Indy
GTA 3- October 2001
Vice city- October 2002
San andreas- October 2004

GTA 4- April 2008
Maybe not this year, but perhaps next year? If they've already built the engine an shit then it shouldn't take too long. This has nothing to do with that source btw, which is about as trustworthy as my own speculation.
CutThatCity
It surely would have been a named rockstar employee who said it, and even if they didnt name the person, they wouldn't talk like the quote.
IllusionRSN
As we all suspected smile.gif

http://news.spong.com/article/16912/Rockst..._Rumours?cb=212
Seeen
San Andreas Stories? I'd crap my pants if SA came to the PSP!
1UP
QUOTE(IllusionMPN @ Jan 15 2009, 10:57 PM) [snapback]1479032[/snapback]

Rockstar always give that answer, I don't even want to act like this is a rumor, because the chances of some kind of GTA title being announced this year is extremely high, no rumor needed, soon as anything is announced they will start off saying "Turns out the rumors are true", acting like they had uncovered something before when they just made it up out of the blue. No different when they say it or when I say it. I must kill this rumor with my bare hands! angry.gif

soapbox
DiO
QUOTE(Seeen @ Jan 15 2009, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1479033[/snapback]
San Andreas Stories? I'd crap my pants if SA came to the PSP!

It might. But I'm tired of last gen GTA engine. No crappage on my part.
Dedeleko
According to PlayStation Universe, Rockstar could be planning to launch the next full Grand Theft Auto title before Christmas 2009.

In an interview with Game Informer, a spokesman from Rockstar North revealed that the team behind Grand Theft Auto IV were already working on a sequel to the smash hit game, but did not reveal any details.

We're not talking about new DLC or a collection of previously available DLC, we're talking about a full retail game. We expect this title to follow the suit of previous GTAs and use a subtitle such as GTA: San Andreas, etc. Tokyo might be a possible setting for the game, but details are non-existent at this time.

Rockstar are already working on two episodic downloadable content packs for Grand Theft Auto IV, the first titled The Lost and Damned, but these could be massively over shadowed by any full title release.

Of course, Rockstar released Grand Theft Auto: Vice City just one year after the release of Grand Theft Auto III, so the controversial developers have done this sort of thing before.

Source: PlayStation Universe

copied from: http://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=308340
Indy
My prediction is an April 2010 release or October 2009.
Dr. Evil
Who knows, they may try rushing a new one. I heard...HEARD...that R* might be losing a couple of the guys that made GTA. So they could try getting a new game out before those people leave. If that is true...probably isn't though. I'm with Indy on this though...release date for ANY new GTA will be around April 2010.
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
QUOTE(IllusionMPN @ Jan 14 2009, 07:30 PM) [snapback]1478870[/snapback]

Read More>>>

Even though I love the new layout of LC in GTA 4, I hope they don't make the next as GTA 5 because it wil be in LC yet again. How many more times is another going to be based in LC? It's time London was back again for two reasons, one, a great place for a £-D version because GTA: London was a badly made 2-D version will awful graphics and two, it's time the next is based outside America for a change. I'd also like to have one based in France, Germany or Spain. If the next is going to be based in America, I hope it's in SA again but a new layout the way LC was re-designed. I do hope they re-design VC out of all islands because I never liked that one. GTA: VC and GTA: VCS are good but the size of VC is too small. The beach takes-up a massive chunk of the island and that's half of the first part of VC and when we unlock the next part it's about the size of a neighbourhood and that sucked. There's not so many roads, neither. It wouldn't have taken long to run from one side to another. Just imagine how long it would take running from one side of LC and SA to another. The size of VC is about a quarter of the size to LC and SA.

angeal18
I want the new gta to have old characters! I will make a thread for this.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.