Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mortorstorm: PR - Moar Pics
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
DiO
These pics I took myself in photo mode.

Edit - Moar Pics

So there is no way this game doesn't have as good graphics as the first. I have no idea what Psy is talking about. They are better. GTA's cars do not have better damage. In Mortorstorm, it all depends on what car you crash. Most of them have fiber-glass bodies that merely break off or strong roll cages that prevent deformation. Its only realistic they don't get in twisted metal. Thats not saying you can't. There are vehicles that allow this. Not only that Mortorstorm has more parts on the cars that break off and more particles that fly everywhere. I will get pics later to show some good damage. This game is is more fast paced than the first. There are 16 amazing tracks. 16 is a decent amount but it really feels like more than 16 because there are so many different paths to take, each lap is different. There is a ton of thought on design put into these tracks. Not to mention the different race modes. And there are some amazing areas to be seen. This game is moving art. And its feels like a completely different race with each vehicle type. This was true in the first one but it feel even more prevalent in this edition. The vehicle classes feel more balanced too. I will really find this out if there is a dominant vehicle type when I play online. The last one more people just used racing trucks or rally cars. I have a hard time deciding which is my favorite type. There are a LOT more vehicles to choose from as well than in the previous one. The vehicle selection menu is different. Much less loading. It displays all the classes of vehicle for you to chose from in a row. And to change what vehicle you use in that class you press square and it bring you to a different menu to choose what model and paint job you want. Once selected it will remain set each time you re-enter vehicle selection. So if you have a favorite vehicle you don't have to scroll through all of them. You can just pick racing truck and you will have the vehicle of your choice. And all these menus are image based to cut back on loading times. But when you select a vehicle you can then go into a vehicle viewer mode where you see it in 3D as you can swivel the camera around to see it. Also in this mode you can rev the engine and honk the horn just for fun. You also select which driver you want to use and you can use the same driver for any car. And when selecting the driver, you again can swivel the camera around and zoom so you can get a nice shot of the chick in the skin tight jumpsuit's perfect ass and massive boobs. There is also some differences with the boost. If you are near lava your boost will fry MUCH faster from the heat. But if you are in water it will cool the engine giving you more boost. Photo mode its great. You can toggle the camera up down and all around. I liked how when you move the camera around it doesn't move still. It shakes a little so it kind of feels like a real camera being moved around. I though it was just a nice touch. My only complaints are that it feel like there should have been some driver & vehicle customization. I have a feeling these were either left out for the next one or they had a too tight of a deadline and couldn't finish them . I had said the first Mortorstorm is by far the the best, and most chaotic racing game I have ever played. And this one tops that.

Edit

I also want to add some comments on the Festival mode. Its based on rank now and each level up you unlock a fair amount of new vehicles and drivers. The tickets are divided up by areas. There is Earth Area which is muddy tracks. There is Air Area which is meant for smaller vehicles. Also Water Areas and Fire Areas. each areas has multiple races available at one time and you can go between each area at desire. So there is much more options to choose from when it comes to what race you want to do. If you are stuck on one there are plenty more to do. And of course the modes vary from Regular, to wreck limit. You can't crash more than a predetermined amount. Check points. Which force you to go on different paths and Elimination where every 15 seconds whoever is in last gets eliminated. This is so far the hardest mode. If you fuck up when the time is about to run out and you land in last you are done for.

PS: 2-4 player split screen and trophies.
TheAnalogKid2112
Played the demo for a few minutes and it seemed a TON like the first one, not really any new features (as far as I know.) Is it worth 60 dollars?
DiO
Ill let you know when I play it more. I've just finished SH5 and going to start R3. Also been playing SvR a lot. But with the little bit I've played, I am not disappointed.
TheAnalogKid2112
1. Do you mean R2?
2. What's SvR?
aussie_b8ler
SvR=Smackdown Vs. Raw
Psy
I've got Pacific Rift and it's pretty good. To me though, it seems like the graphics aren't as good as the original game, and the animations/physics when you crash your car into a wall and it crumples just looks really poor. GTA's got better damage physics than this game.

But yeah, it's pretty much exactly the same as the original game, only you can unlock different vehicle models and driver skins as you win more races and there's a few new game types I think like elimination and time trial checkpoint things. Can't remember if they were on the original game because I haven't played it for like a year.
DiO
Yah, new feature wise its lacking. The tracks are insane though. There IS 2-4 players split screen. You an select what driver you want. And the car selection menu is dumbed down so there is less loading which is better. Still haven't played it that much but Today I start R2 and this. Character & vehicle customization should have been added.
DiO
These pics I took myself in photo mode.

So there is no way this game doesn't have as good graphics as the first. I have no idea what Psy is talking about. They are better. GTA's cars do not have better damage. In Mortorstorm, it all depends on what car you crash. Most of them have fiber-glass bodies that merely break off or strong roll cages that prevent deformation. Its only realistic they don't get in twisted metal. Thats not saying you can't. There are vehicles that allow this. Not only that Mortorstorm has more parts on the cars that break off and more particles that fly everywhere. I will get pics later to show some good damage. This game is is more fast paced than the first. There are 16 amazing tracks. 16 is a decent amount but it really feels like more than 16 because there are so many different paths to take, each lap is different. There is a ton of thought on design put into these tracks. Not to mention the different race modes. And there are some amazing areas to be seen. This game is moving art. And its feels like a completely different race with each vehicle type. This was true in the first one but it feel even more prevalent in this edition. The vehicle classes feel more balanced too. I will really find this out if there is a dominant vehicle type when I play online. The last one more people just used racing trucks or rally cars. I have a hard time deciding which is my favorite type. There are a LOT more vehicles to choose from as well than in the previous one. The vehicle selection menu is different. Much less loading. It displays all the classes of vehicle for you to chose from in a row. And to change what vehicle you use in that class you press square and it bring you to a different menu to choose what model and paint job you want. Once selected it will remain set each time you re-enter vehicle selection. So if you have a favorite vehicle you don't have to scroll through all of them. You can just pick racing truck and you will have the vehicle of your choice. And all these menus are image based to cut back on loading times. But when you select a vehicle you can then go into a vehicle viewer mode where you see it in 3D as you can swivel the camera around to see it. Also in this mode you can rev the engine and honk the horn just for fun. You also select which driver you want to use and you can use the same driver for any car. And when selecting the driver, you again can swivel the camera around and zoom so you can get a nice shot of the chick in the skin tight jumpsuit's perfect ass and massive boobs. There is also some differences with the boost. If you are near lava your boost will fry MUCH faster from the heat. But if you are in water it will cool the engine giving you more boost. Photo mode its great. You can toggle the camera up down and all around. I liked how when you move the camera around it doesn't move still. It shakes a little so it kind of feels like a real camera being moved around. I though it was just a nice touch. My only complaints are that it feel like there should have been some driver & vehicle customization. I have a feeling these were either left out for the next one or they had a too tight of a deadline and couldn't finish them . I had said the first Mortorstorm is by far the the best, and most chaotic racing game I have ever played. And this one tops that.

Edit

I also want to add some comments on the Festival mode. Its based on rank now and each level up you unlock a fair amount of new vehicles and drivers. The tickets are divided up by areas. There is Earth Area which is muddy tracks. There is Air Area which is meant for smaller vehicles. Also Water Areas and Fire Areas. each areas has multiple races available at one time and you can go between each area at desire. So there is much more options to choose from when it comes to what race you want to do. If you are stuck on one there are plenty more to do. And of course the modes vary from Regular, to wreck limit. You can't crash more than a predetermined amount. Check points. Which force you to go on different paths and Elimination where every 15 seconds whoever is in last gets eliminated. This is so far the hardest mode. If you fuck up when the time is about to run out and you land in last you are done for.

PS: 2-4 player split screen and trophies.

WALL OF TEXT!!!!!!!!!!
TheAnalogKid2112
Oh.
DiO
Nice response. After I took the time to do all that.

Read the edits too, btw.
TheAnalogKid2112
Sounds pretty freakin' great. I'll rent it. Thanks for the 2-foot text block.
DiO
Buy it! angry.gif

Nah, its rent-able or buy-able. If you like it as much as I do you will probably buy it.
Kamahl
i got it too, i havent played much cause ive been away for the last 3 weeks

its a great game and split screen rocks
Ex-PS Fanboy
Well I don't play the First one on account of it made me smash my controller.

So i'm hesitant about getting this one.
Mekstizzle
Yeah, this game is fucking legit. But once you get to level 5 (not rank, but the ticket level) - It gets nearly insane, I got mostly golds and a few silvers before that, but I just about get bronze now. The jump in SP difficulty between 4 and 5 is quite gay.

Haven't tried MP yet, might do if I'm bothered
DiO
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Jan 12 2009, 02:54 PM) [snapback]1478618[/snapback]
Well I don't play the First one on account of it made me smash my controller.

QUOTE(Mekstizzle @ Jan 12 2009, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1478619[/snapback]
Yeah, this game is fucking legit. But once you get to level 5 (not rank, but the ticket level) - It gets nearly insane, I got mostly golds and a few silvers before that, but I just about get bronze now. The jump in SP difficulty between 4 and 5 is quite gay.

Haven't tried MP yet, might do if I'm bothered

For sure. I haven't got that far but I am not surprised as the first one was fucking hard. Ill probably download a 100% gamesave.
DiO

asthenia
Your pics make me not want to play it, and I know how good it is.

Ingame photo taker mabob should be kept between dedicated MS'ers I guess..
Mekstizzle

Can't wait till I unlock that Dino-truck

Also shut it ast, dont' be disrespectin on D-Os' e-photography skillz
DiO
Yah, you tell him Mek!

And yah, that Dino truck is sick. I was just in that Capitano.
TheAnalogKid2112
Sweet Dino-mobile.
TheAnalogKid2112
I suck at this game. I fucking fail.
DiO
Rented did ya? IM telling you, this game is FUCKING HARD! Too fucking hard actually.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Jan 16 2009, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1479183[/snapback]
Rented did ya? IM telling you, this game is FUCKING HARD! Too fucking hard actually.

I now agree with you. When we were talking last night I thought you meant it gets brutal towards the end, but I'm fucking bombing the first races XD.png
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jan 16 2009, 11:38 PM) [snapback]1479192[/snapback]
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Jan 16 2009, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1479183[/snapback]

I now agree with you. When we were talking last night I thought you meant it gets brutal towards the end, but I'm fucking bombing the first races XD.png

Its hard at the beginning because you don't know where the fuck you are going. You have to learn the tracks.
DiO
Just a warning to everyone. There is a corrupted data glitch in this game. It happens mostly when deleting photos in gallery and accessing the XMB while online. So that means its even a risk to accept invites. Hence why I was so pissed at Analog (the real one) when he was invite bombing me. That said, Ast, you wont have to worry about me posting any more photos.
TheAnalogKid2112
Lol. I was trying to piss you off, and succeeding. They just make inviting so easy!
I WANTED TROPHY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DiO
Well Im not risking my fucking data so you can get trophies for a game you don't own.

edit

Also, I'm not the only one complaining that this game is too fucking hard. The PSU board if full of them.

Don't worry Mortorstorm, I still love you. As all the complainers do. When losing your yelling "FUCKING SHIT THIS GAME IS TOO HARD I AM NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN AND TRADING IT IN!!" Then 5 mins later you are playing the same race again for the 20th time waiting for a lucky break in the last 10 second of the race that you need to win the fucking thing. Maybe this time the PC player will fuck up.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(TheAnalLovingKid2112 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:06 AM) [snapback]1479779[/snapback]
Well Im not risking my fucking data so you can get trophies for a game you don't own.

I'z just giving you a hard tiEm. Don't worry about it, they aren't that important.

QUOTE(TheAnalLovingKid2112 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:06 AM) [snapback]1479779[/snapback]
Don't worry Mortorstorm, I still love you. As all the complainers do. When losing your yelling "FUCKING SHIT THIS GAME IS TOO HARD I AM NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN AND TRADING IT IN!!" Then 5 mins later you are playing the same race again for the 20th time waiting for a lucky break in the last 10 second of the race that you need to win the fucking thing. Maybe this time the PC player will fuck up.

So true rolleyes.gif I actually did say I'll never play again and have stuck to it. FUCK IT! MAGIC BALL FTW!
DiO
They're coming out with a patch that fixes the corruption. It also might tweak the AI to make it easier. Or at least add a fucking difficulty setting.
HB~Sauce
Is it as hard as the first one? I'm wondering because there were a couple of races at the end of the first one that were very difficult (I managed to get all gold tickets though)
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Jan 26 2009, 04:02 PM) [snapback]1480797[/snapback]
Is it as hard as the first one? I'm wondering because there were a couple of races at the end of the first one that were very difficult (I managed to get all gold tickets though)

I think I can safely say that they get way harder, way earlier than the first.
DiO
According to the PlayStation.Blog, the patch will arrive soon and will include the following features:

* Restrictions to the copying of Saved Data have been removed. This will make it possible for Saved Data to be backed up and then restored to the User Account it was created under (whether that's on the same PLAYSTATION 3 or not).*
* Changes to the way the game handles data. These changes will help to prevent Saved Data corruption.
* Visual notification of critical save progress has been added. A 'MotorStorm Helmet' icon will be displayed on-screen to warn users that critical data is being saved. This is in addition to the HDD Access light which currently flashes while the game makes a critical save.
* The glitch which enables a player to exploit the Boost system has been removed. The development team are working to identify which times have been achieved using this glitch; Action will be taken to ensure that the Leaderboards become genuinely competitive again.
* Time Attack times and Rank information will update correctly for all players. Any pending Time Attack times will begin to filter through systematically and the online Ranks should display correctly once the update is released.
* Additional fixes and improvements to gameplay. Many thanks for your feedback on these and other issues so far; we are still investigating the other issues that have been brought to our attention.

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/01/26/...-getting-patch/

I hope "improvements to gameplay" they mean "making the fucking game easier." Either way Ill start playing it again cause I won't have to worry about my save data corrupting.
TheAnalogKid2112
Cool! I'll send you inv- Oh.
Kamahl
patch came out today :)
DiO
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Feb 18 2009, 10:59 PM) [snapback]1485116[/snapback]
patch came out today smile.gif

For fuck sake. My Mortorstorm is stuck in my broken PS3.
DiO
Bin playing this again since I've lost my data. I forgot how fucking fun it was.
DuPz0r
How did you get it out of your old ps3?
TheAnalogKid2112
His beard.
DiO
When I sent it away one of the things filled out on the forum was regarding any stuck CDs in the PlayStation. They sent it back with the new one. I wish they would have the option of swapping hard drives too.
Kamahl
i havent played it in like... a month, reading this again just made me wanna play it again :D
Kamahl
bump

Did anyone get the "speed" and "adrenaline" packs?

Well, i did... the Speed pack is pretty cool, new vehicles tracks, drivers and lots of events. And it has trophies if you care about that. Its worth it in my opinion

The adrenaline pack has trophies as well, but it doesnt have events, and i dont really think its that great... only buy it if you think you think the new tracks and vehicles are worth it.
DiO
I wont. I'm sure they are fun but I haven't even beat the game yet. I probably wont ever. Too fucking hard.
Kamahl
QUOTE(LMOZ95 @ Jul 29 2009, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1515792[/snapback]
I wont. I'm sure they are fun but I haven't even beat the game yet. I probably wont ever. Too fucking hard.

me neither, but i wanted to play something fresh and i gave up with the level 8 races.
DiO
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Jul 29 2009, 09:50 PM) [snapback]1515796[/snapback]
QUOTE(LMOZ95 @ Jul 29 2009, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1515792[/snapback]

me neither, but i wanted to play something fresh and i gave up with the level 8 races.

Same. With this DLC I probably wouldn't even be able to beat all the events and unlock all the new cars. That happened to me in the last one. Which is bullshit. If I spend money on DLC I shouldnt have to unlock the cars.
Kamahl
well, in the speed pack, all the events are just speed events like the ones already in-game. But you get more of those and a new mode that i find very fun, its basically a speed event but you have to hit green barrels to increase your time and if you hit red barrels you get a penalty, try to get the best time and compare it on the leaderboards... look for a vid on youtube and see if you like it.

its not impossible to beat like the normal game... i beat it in just a couple of days, could have been just 1 if i had played more.
DiO
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Jul 30 2009, 02:05 AM) [snapback]1515827[/snapback]
well, in the speed pack, all the events are just speed events like the ones already in-game. But you get more of those and a new mode that i find very fun, its basically a speed event but you have to hit green barrels to increase your time and if you hit red barrels you get a penalty, try to get the best time and compare it on the leaderboards... look for a vid on youtube and see if you like it.

its not impossible to beat like the normal game... i beat it in just a couple of days, could have been just 1 if i had played more.

I wish they make the next one easier. I mean...da fuck?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.