Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Checklist Suggestions
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Website & Forum Discussion
jerryb1988
Main story missions -> Set it up in 2 columns and break it up in chapters like they did on gta4.net. It would just make it an easier layout to follow.

Little Jacobs drug deliveries -> list the delivery locations and check each one off.

-Random Order-
Beechwood City
Meadow Hills
Festival Towers Meadows Park
Steinway
Willis
Cerveza Heights Car Stack
East Island City Delivery
Meadow Hills #2
Schottler Delivery
Outlook Park Delivery

Brucie's Exotic Export -> Same thing as Jacob

-Random Order too I think-
Intruder
Feltzer
Patriot
NRG900
Sanchez
Banshee
Cavalcade
PCJ600
PMP600
Sabre GT

Brucie's Races -> Split them into 3 groups based on their location:
(I had to be in their respective zone in order for Brucie to let me race them)

Broker-------------| Algonquin----------| Alderney
South Broker------| South Algonquin--| North Alderney
Airport Run--------| Star Junction------| Elevated
Dukes Boulevard-| Road to Bohan-----| South Alderney

Stevie's Text Message Cars -> Break it down into 2 or 3 columns

Most Wanted -> Split into 3 columns

Friend Activities -> Split into 3 columns. One column per friend. Also note that "Little Jacob" doesn't cross out and become gray, while brucie and packie does. (Atleast it doesn't on my screen).

Random Pedestrians -> Put a check box for each meet. Also link "Random Pedestrians" to the Random Pedestrians page, and link each name/meet to their respective pictures.

Flying Rats -> Put a check box for each one, and link the "Flying Rats" title to the flying rats page, and link each # to their respective picture. This will help people find missed ones easier. 2.5% / 200 rats = 0.0125% per rat.

Unique Jumps -> Same thing. Check box for each one, link "Unique Jumps" title to the unique jumps page, and link each check # to their respective picture. Same thing for helping people find them easier. 2.5% / 50 jumps = 0.05% per jump.

This will make these 2 sections a little bit longer, but if you compress the other ones mentioned, and put 5-10 check boxes in 1 row for the rats & jumps, it would equal itself out.
Seeen
Damn, you're demanding New Guy. Some good ideas, but that's a lot of work.
jerryb1988
QUOTE(Seeen @ Jan 10 2009, 02:19 AM) [snapback]1478383[/snapback]
Damn, you're demanding New Guy. Some good ideas, but that's a lot of work.

Not really "demanding" just offering some improvements that I felt would help everyone out. It wouldn't be too bad, though.
Psy
Some decent ideas, I appreciate you letting us know about them. Unfortunately because of the way the (saveable) checklist works, it's not really possible, or certainly not easy to add or remove any new checkable items to the list. I guess it could be formatted a bit better though, but it's not something that's high on my list of priorities with the website at the minute. If I get a chance I'll try to tweak the template though, but it's done it's job alright so far, so there's not really a drastic need to fix something that's not broken.

Cheers for the feedback though. Glad you're finding it somewhat useful.
jerryb1988
QUOTE(Psy @ Jan 12 2009, 11:29 AM) [snapback]1478583[/snapback]
Some decent ideas, I appreciate you letting us know about them. Unfortunately because of the way the (saveable) checklist works, it's not really possible, or certainly not easy to add or remove any new checkable items to the list. I guess it could be formatted a bit better though, but it's not something that's high on my list of priorities with the website at the minute. If I get a chance I'll try to tweak the template though, but it's done it's job alright so far, so there's not really a drastic need to fix something that's not broken.

Cheers for the feedback though. Glad you're finding it somewhat useful.

I find it extremely useful, and I actually made my own list in word and printed it out and crossed the numbers off as I did the jumps. Haven't done the pigeons yet. I'm not sure how the backbone looks behind the site, so i cant comment on the difficulty of the work. If its in MySQL, i don't think it would be too difficult. If its text based (Excel or CSV) it might be a little more difficult.
jerryb1988
Check out http://s425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/jerryb1988/GTAIV/ for some image examples of what I mean. I did these in paint just by screenshot and cropping/moving stuff, no code for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.