Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible memory leak FIX (Just maybe...)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
HELMET
I was surfing the web yesterday looking up some tweaks for IV when I came across a posted topic on a particular forum site (which I don't care to go into details about which one).

I used this method and It actually worked. It does not work for some people but it was a suggestion made straight from R* themselves.
================================
Just place any of the command lines that pertain to your texture settings and see if this helps. I hope it does anyway.

-memrestrict 629145600
(for high texture) *This is the one I'm using and it works great.

-memrestrict 314572800
(for medium)

-memrestrict 209715200
(for low)
HELMET
Bump.

Just want to see if anyone is actually trying this. Please post if you are and what you performance is before and after.
HEAT84
If you mean the game gets really choppy after 10 minutes, I don't have that problem anymore, otherwise I'd try this. Maybe I will anyway just out of curiosity.
bloodyice
QUOTE(HELMET @ Jan 6 2009, 06:15 PM) [snapback]1477905[/snapback]
I was surfing the web yesterday looking up some tweaks for IV when I came across a posted topic on a particular forum site (which I don't care to go into details about which one).

I used this method and It actually worked. It does not work for some people but it was a suggestion made straight from R* themselves.
================================
Just place any of the command lines that pertain to your texture settings and see if this helps. I hope it does anyway.

-memrestrict 629145600
(for high texture) *This is the one I'm using and it works great.

-memrestrict 314572800
(for medium)

-memrestrict 209715200
(for low)

Where would I enter this command line at?
HEAT84
QUOTE(bloodyice @ Feb 17 2009, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1484658[/snapback]
Where would I enter this command line at?

Method 1: Open the properties for the shortcut named "Grand Theft Auto IV" and enter the command line in the target field after the last " and a space.
Method 2: Make a text file named "commandline.txt in the GTAIV folder and put the commands in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.