Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: when will pc gamers ever learn?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
mjw911
after reading a lot of the topics here in the PC discussion section, Ive noticed that a lot of people are having trouble playing, running, and starting the game. This seems to happen a lot with PC games ,something always goes wrong. I guess i dont understand why some people who have a xbox 360 or PS3 but prefer to play games on the pc. sure, games are a little better looking graphics wise on pc, but come on, there is a small difference. sure, you can play with more people online with the pc. but in actuality, getting a xbox 360 or ps3 may be the better choice, just so you dont have to keep upgrading you computer or dealing technical problems. but dont get me wrong, i love playing games on my computer, but i do enjoy playing on my xbox 360 becasue i know i can play my games and wont have to worry about if it will work right or not. what to you think?
GMT
pretty much the same way.

when I buy a state of the art console, I have a couple of years of gaming at the best possible way, then the next console comes and I buy it to be up-to-date again.

a pc, if you want, is more or less a neverending construction site.
ok, there's a lot of cool games on the pc, and plenty games are just not right for a console (speaking of handling; it works, but it works better on a pc)

plus the advance is way to fast to keep up.
you can buy a high end pc today and next month it will be like straight out of stoneage.

plus the costs. go figure, people buy themselves high-end pcs for 2k, even 3k and more. and after all, a recent game doesn't look much better than on a ps3 or 360.

I got myself a ps3 and a 32" hdtv, together for about 600.
a workmate of mine has 4 on his pc, not top notch (and only to bridge the gap till he gets his new one cuz the old one broke), but about the same price I payed for my console setup, and he has to tune everything down a bit to make it run almost lagfree, resulting in a considerably worse look.
1UP
QUOTE(mjw911 @ Jan 5 2009, 01:53 AM) [snapback]1477729[/snapback]
after reading a lot of the topics here in the PC discussion section, Ive noticed that a lot of people are having trouble playing, running, and starting the game. This seems to happen a lot with PC games ,something always goes wrong. I guess i dont understand why some people who have a xbox 360 or PS3 but prefer to play games on the pc. sure, games are a little better looking graphics wise on pc, but come on, there is a small difference. sure, you can play with more people online with the pc. but in actuality, getting a xbox 360 or ps3 may be the better choice, just so you dont have to keep upgrading you computer or dealing technical problems. but dont get me wrong, i love playing games on my computer, but i do enjoy playing on my xbox 360 becasue i know i can play my games and wont have to worry about if it will work right or not. what to you think?

Don't take offense to this when I say it, but that was incredibly stupid... I am betting 99% (Figuratively speaking) of the people that get PC GTA is for modding (it's always been that way), lets see your Xbox or someones PS3 do that shit. O the other 1% is people that don't have a console, you should realize there's a lot of people that just simply don't like consoles, PC is more then just a gaming machine. As for other games, some games are simply suited better on a PC like FPS, RTS, games like The Sims ect...

On the subject of GTA IV for PC's problems, no duh this one has a lot of problems, most of which shouldn't have happen and is Rockstar Toronto's fault. No PC GTA was this bad. Not something those people or anyone would have known.

Now then I am going to close this topic because you have no substance to your words, a blatant lack of knowledge and I myself wont count this as PC discussion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.