Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: long fall survived
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
GMT
I just landed my heli on the getalife building. of course on the wrong roofjunk thing so I couldn't climb up there anymore to get off the building alive.
I strolled on the roof, searching for another way down, but only thing left was to jump.
I scaled the balustrade and saw the getalive letters below me, so instead of jumping I just took a step towards them.
and now what happened:
niko fell down on the letters, hit the ground and slipped off falling all the way down, exactly the second when he lay there crumbled like a child.
so, during the long fall, he didn't move a muscle, and fell very slowly aswell, almost half as fast as you would expect. on hitting the ground, nothing happened. Niko stood up like he would normally do. survived the long fall.
I did it a couple of times to see whether this is a coincidental thing but it happened and with the right "timing", it happened again and again.
Banana Boy
QUOTE(GMT @ Jan 2 2009, 07:57 AM) [snapback]1477429[/snapback]
I just landed my heli on the getalife building. of course on the wrong roofjunk thing so I couldn't climb up there anymore to get off the building alive.
I strolled on the roof, searching for another way down, but only thing left was to jump.
I scaled the balustrade and saw the getalive letters below me, so instead of jumping I just took a step towards them.
and now what happened:
niko fell down on the letters, hit the ground and slipped off falling all the way down, exactly the second when he lay there crumbled like a child.
so, during the long fall, he didn't move a muscle, and fell very slowly aswell, almost half as fast as you would expect. on hitting the ground, nothing happened. Niko stood up like he would normally do. survived the long fall.
I did it a couple of times to see whether this is a coincidental thing but it happened and with the right "timing", it happened again and again.

i saw a video of that on youtube, ill find it for you
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6I7iQItgB0[/youtube]
istealkegs
the other day a friend was over my place playing gta 4 with me and we were taking turns stealing helicopters and flying as fast and high as we could, then ejecting... one time my friend abandoned the copter and took the plunge back towards the ground, only to hit a crate of co2 tanks and then stood up as if nothing happened... he took some damage, but didn't die.
GTA ShutDown
QUOTE(istealkegs @ Jan 18 2009, 03:42 AM) [snapback]1479306[/snapback]
the other day a friend was over my place playing gta 4 with me and we were taking turns stealing helicopters and flying as fast and high as we could, then ejecting... one time my friend abandoned the copter and took the plunge back towards the ground, only to hit a crate of co2 tanks and then stood up as if nothing happened... he took some damage, but didn't die.

If you hit the building while your 10 feet off the ground and land you will survive.
Apocolyptic Diety
This happens to me at good times in multiplayer; like during a heli chase and someone almost destroys yours and you need to bail. I remeber it was near the bridge on the first island that runs from Algonquin to the airport. I hit a little square patch of grass and lived with half my health left. thumbup.gif Its better with friends so you can see who survived. most of the time they try to make it to the nearest health pack and blow up in a firey ball. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.