Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPS in cars not working
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA IV
EssentialParadox
I remember back in the old days (when I first started playing GTA4) when I would nick a posh car like[/cockney] and the GPS would be giving me lovely directions. But I think there's a bug or something because even though it's switched to "selected cars" now I don't get the GPS directions. Only if I go into the menu and turn it to "always on", then turn it back onto "selected cars" it will work on selected cars (which is how I want it to be) but whenever I turn off the game it goes back to not working. I have to do this every time I turn on the game.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any way to fix it?
Banana Boy
QUOTE(EssentialParadox @ Jan 1 2009, 02:09 PM) [snapback]1477380[/snapback]
I remember back in the old days (when I first started playing GTA4) when I would nick a posh car like[/cockney] and the GPS would be giving me lovely directions. But I think there's a bug or something because even though it's switched to "selected cars" now I don't get the GPS directions. Only if I go into the menu and turn it to "always on", then turn it back onto "selected cars" it will work on selected cars (which is how I want it to be) but whenever I turn off the game it goes back to not working. I have to do this every time I turn on the game.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any way to fix it?

uhh i personally dont like the directions, even when driving reletivly ok and im not speeding for no fucking reason, EVEN when im going the speed of other cars, i dont always have the time to look down at the map to look at the green line, instead on my Oracle (favorite car in black, not greenish black shit) it says "turn left now" and after i comprehend it i often miss the turn, and do a burn out, hit some other cars and predestrians in the prosses get the wanted level, now i cant pick up my date D:
EssentialParadox
I've heard a couple of other people with this problem so I thought I'd post up my latest info as it seems I've fixed it. Essentially I tried to "reset" the settings file…

I put the settings for GPS voice to "always on" and saved the game. When I came back in the game a few days later it was still on and I put it back to "select vehicles". That may work, but if not, try changing the setting to "always off" then save. Next game, turn it back to "select vehicles" and save and see if that fixes it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.