Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CANNOT EXIT GAME OR LOAD A SAVED GAME
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
mignar
I cannot exit game or load a game while in the game. I run the game fine. No issues with that.
I have a amd dual core 6000+ 3 ghz, Bfg 8800 gt 512 ddr3 vid card, 2 gig of Crucial Balistix ram 6400 . I have Windows XP SP 3 .
HELMET
Do you have .NET 3.5 installed? Also .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 with the 3 hotfixes?

Make sure you have .NET 3.0 installed first with all updates before you install 3.5 if you don't have it already.

Also make sure you have the right driver installed for you CPU and make sure to have the dual core optimizer installed.

One more important question.

Are you using the retail version or the pirated version of IV?

OR, are you using the retail version with a cracked exe?
ahmadali
QUOTE(HELMET @ Jan 4 2009, 05:40 AM) [snapback]1477615[/snapback]
Do you have .NET 3.5 installed? Also .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 with the 3 hotfixes?

Make sure you have .NET 3.0 installed first with all updates before you install 3.5 if you don't have it already.

Also make sure you have the right driver installed for you CPU and make sure to have the dual core optimizer installed.

i have installed a new window i copy the rockstar folder from my doc.
but after installing gta4 i copy that to doc again but profile is not loading.
is any solution for that.
i mean to copy ur save file for formatting hard or new os.
mignar
QUOTE(HELMET @ Jan 4 2009, 12:40 AM) [snapback]1477615[/snapback]

I am using a valid retail copy not a downloaded version. I have Net 3 and a number of updates for it and I have NET 3.5 but i do not see any updates listed under it. I will check microsofts update page.
I have a AMD optimizer downloaded and installed for hte CPU. Quick Question its just a download and works in background right. I dont see any program for the CPU optimizer to set it manually.

QUOTE(mignar @ Jan 4 2009, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1477666[/snapback]

I am using a valid retail copy not a downloaded version. I have Net 3 and a number of updates for it and I have NET 3.5 but i do not see any updates listed under it. I will check microsofts update page.
I have a AMD optimizer downloaded and installed for hte CPU. Quick Question its just a download and works in background right. I dont see any program for the CPU optimizer to set it manually. ON NET 3.5 i GO TO UPDATE PAGE FOR MICROSOFT AND I HAVE NO MORE UPDATES AVAILABLE.
mignar
QUOTE(mignar @ Jan 4 2009, 03:29 PM) [snapback]1477666[/snapback]

I have a AMD optimizer downloaded and installed for hte CPU. Quick Question its just a download and works in background right. I dont see any program for the CPU optimizer to set it manually.

QUOTE(mignar @ Jan 4 2009, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1477666[/snapback]

I have a AMD optimizer downloaded and installed for hte CPU. Quick Question its just a download and works in background right. I dont see any program for the CPU optimizer to set it manually. ON NET 3.5 i GO TO UPDATE PAGE FOR MICROSOFT AND I HAVE NO MORE UPDATES AVAILABLE.

I have manually downloaded SP3.5 w/ SP one. I restarted computer and still i get lock up on loading a saved game or exiting game. I let it go for 20 mins with no results. I had to reboot.
HELMET
Not SP 3.5! No No! I wasn't even aware there was a service pack 3.5 yet. :/

It's suppose to be .NET 3.5 with the hotfixes, or is that what you meant to type? The hotfixes are suppose to be installed manually and the download link is in the "important notice" section of the .Net 3.5 download page on microsoft's site. It's at the bottom. It fixes certain compatibility issues.

About the dual core optimizer, once you install it and restart your pc it will be running in the background. And do you have the official CPU driver for your CPU from AMD.com?

Have you tried uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling them also? Like, using a driver sweeper program while logged into windows in safe mode? Then logging into windows normally then running the driver sweeper again before installing the new gpu driver?
mignar
QUOTE(HELMET @ Jan 6 2009, 07:27 PM) [snapback]1477907[/snapback]
Not SP 3.5! No No! I wasn't even aware there was a service pack 3.5 yet. :/

It's suppose to be .NET 3.5 with the hotfixes, or is that what you meant to type? The hotfixes are suppose to be installed manually and the download link is in the "important notice" section of the .Net 3.5 download page on microsoft's site. It's at the bottom. It fixes certain compatibility issues.

About the dual core optimizer, once you install it and restart your pc it will be running in the background. And do you have the official CPU driver for your CPU from AMD.com?

Have you tried uninstalling your graphics drivers and reinstalling them also? Like, using a driver sweeper program while logged into windows in safe mode? Then logging into windows normally then running the driver sweeper again before installing the new gpu driver?

I did mean net 3.5 with sp one. sorry and I found a hotfix for it. I have dual core opt. I installed 2 more gig of ram and of course windows xps reads 3.25 that i expected. I still cannot seem to exit game. I dont get it. I have not uninstall my graphics drivers and reinstalled them yet. What sort of sweeper are u talking about.? Reg Edit types do you refer too?

PS i thank you for all your help so far.
HELMET
As far as a registry cleaner, it wouldn't hurt to use one of those in case there is something wrong with with a registry command line somewhere, but for driver cleaners I currently use 2 because sometime one does not do the trick by itself so I use another after using one. I use Driver Cleaner Pro and Driver Sweeper and they are both free, but Reg Cleaner you have to pay for.

We'll try the driver cleaners first and if that doesn't do it we'll find a way to use a reg cleaner somehow. Microsoft has a utility on it's website that I use sometimes and it's free and it does a full registry scan and fix along with a spyware scan.

What type of antivirus software do you use? If you do have one, are you allowing RGSC to be allowed by the firewall because sometimes firewall will cause certain games to not work properly, and also check if your antivirus software has a "game mode enable" switch.

Are you using the 180.48 drivers or the 180.84? Back when I had my 8800 gts hooked up i was using the 180.84 drivers and they was very unstable on IV. I installed the 180.48 driver and then it worked better.

Remember in your firewall settings if your antivirus uses one, you have to allow both GFWL and RGSC.
mignar
QUOTE(HELMET @ Jan 7 2009, 10:53 PM) [snapback]1478102[/snapback]
As far as a registry cleaner, it wouldn't hurt to use one of those in case there is something wrong with with a registry command line somewhere, but for driver cleaners I currently use 2 because sometime one does not do the trick by itself so I use another after using one. I use Driver Cleaner Pro and Driver Sweeper and they are both free, but Reg Cleaner you have to pay for.

We'll try the driver cleaners first and if that doesn't do it we'll find a way to use a reg cleaner somehow. Microsoft has a utility on it's website that I use sometimes and it's free and it does a full registry scan and fix along with a spyware scan.

What type of antivirus software do you use? If you do have one, are you allowing RGSC to be allowed by the firewall because sometimes firewall will cause certain games to not work properly, and also check if your antivirus software has a "game mode enable" switch.

Are you using the 180.48 drivers or the 180.84? Back when I had my 8800 gts hooked up i was using the 180.84 drivers and they was very unstable on IV. I installed the 180.48 driver and then it worked better.

Remember in your firewall settings if your antivirus uses one, you have to allow both GFWL and RGSC.

I shut my antivirus off when i play. I think i have video driver 180.84. I opened RGSC but cannot find GFWL
HELMET
Have you tried to play in offline mode?
mignar
Can you? How is this done? I know its sounds like a silly ??? Do i just log off or Social club and what about windows live crap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.