Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stuck at boot up
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
ENVi3
I recently bought an HP laptop, not too long ago (not even a month), and i have had a few problems hear and there, but nothing major; but I've always passed it off as "well, i guess Vista really does suck" - its only been stuff like, oh the sound isn't working, or my icons didn't load up (so i just restarted and it was fine)
but recently, whenever i boot up my computer sometimes it seems to get stuck right before the screen where Windows is loading, u know, the one with the little progress bar that juts loops back and forth.
i found a video of youtube, and its easier to explain that way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_lJlpCGwW8
right at 0:24, when there is just a black screen and a horizontal line flashing, that's where my problem is.
sometimes the line stops flashing, and my computer doesn't do anything.
usually then i just hold down the power button, and the computer turns off, and I try again.
and most of the time it then just starts normally and everythign is fine. there have been times when I've had to turn it off and retry up to 3 times ....

anyone have any ideas what i should do, or how bad this could be?
thanks

[EDIT] - it started up normal today, don't know why, but it did. but then i restarted and it got stuck once, again.
FrankCastle
You could try this...

Good luck.
ENVi3
basically, i need to remove any external USB things plugged into my laptop, and it always starts up fine like that.
FailSafe
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Dec 31 2008, 01:35 AM) [snapback]1477223[/snapback]
basically, i need to remove any external USB things plugged into my laptop, and it always starts up fine like that.

I have the same problem on my 2nd computer...im not too sure if there fix from it hanging on boot. Play around in your BIOS and set the boot priority to a floppy drive or HDD becuase sometimes it can try and boot from external USB..

What my second PC does is that if there is anything plugged into the USB then it reboots when it reaches the windows screen. i fixed it for a while by going into Device Manager and renewing the USB drivers..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.