Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Killzone 2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
TheAnalogKid2112
First DLC detailed.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6207730.html?tag=nl.e576
DiO
Its one of the highest budgeted games in history. It pretty much has to be good.
§ynch
A lot of people made fun of the first one, and I forget why to be honest because I loved that game.
I pretty much played it to death. I don't think it was the first game to offer multiple character selection
at the beginning of each level, but it was the first that I played that there were benefits to switching
characters. Like getting through the swamp you could switch to the half helghast half human guy and it
made it a lot easier. The first Killzone was another that the last mission meant the biggest battle which
is totally awesome as many games don't have that anymore. I'm looking forward to Killzone 2 but I think
it's PS3 exclusive in the beginning. Didn't play the PSP Killzone game that came out awhile back.
DiO
QUOTE(§ynch @ Dec 28 2008, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1476988[/snapback]
A lot of people made fun of the first one, and I forget why to be honest because I loved that game.
I pretty much played it to death. I don't think it was the first game to offer multiple character selection
at the beginning of each level, but it was the first that I played that there were benefits to switching
characters. Like getting through the swamp you could switch to the half helghast half human guy and it
made it a lot easier. The first Killzone was another that the last mission meant the biggest battle which
is totally awesome as many games don't have that anymore. I'm looking forward to Killzone 2 but I think
it's PS3 exclusive in the beginning. Didn't play the PSP Killzone game that came out awhile back.

Its exclusive not just in the beginning. Sony owns the IP. It wont be coming out on 360.
aussie_b8ler
When I went to the eGames expo early last month, my mate and I were asked if we wanted to be apart of a Sony exclusive. We imediately said yes. We were then lead to a room upstairs (at his stage i was a little freaked out having watched "Hostel" a few nights earlier). However when we got to the room we were pleasantly surprised. We got to have a hands on playthrough of the first 5 levels of Killzone 2.

The graphics are insane. I mean they are the best looking of any game ever released. The controls are fluid and just feel right. And it has the best inclusion of sixaxis controls to date.

I can't say much that hasn't already been revealed.

-But you can only carry two weapons at a time. One is a fixed sidearm pistol that has infinite ammo and is supprisingly strong.

-It is impossible to get a one shot kill from a headshot as all enemies are wearing a helmet. In other words you need two shots. One to remove the helmet and another one to remove their brains.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(aussie_b8ler @ Dec 28 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1476998[/snapback]
When I went to the eGames expo early last month, my mate and I were asked if we wanted to be apart of a Sony exclusive. We imediately said yes. We were then lead to a room upstairs (at his stage i was a little freaked out having watched "Hostel" a few nights earlier). However when we got to the room we were pleasantly surprised. We got to have a hands on playthrough of the first 5 levels of Killzone 2.

The graphics are insane. I mean they are the best looking of any game ever released. The controls are fluid and just feel right. And it has the best inclusion of sixaxis controls to date.

I can't say much that hasn't already been revealed.

-But you can only carry two weapons at a time. One is a fixed sidearm pistol that has infinite ammo and is supprisingly strong.

-It is impossible to get a one shot kill from a headshot as all enemies are wearing a helmet. In other words you need two shots. One to remove the helmet and another one to remove their brains.

Sounds cool. Any vehicles? If so, what kind?
HB~Sauce
Yeah, Killzone 2 is on my radar for 2009. I got a couple of games to go through first (Bioshock, Motorstorm, etc.) but I'm looking forward to the online play. We should form a clan, for sure.
DiO
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Dec 28 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]1477016[/snapback]
Yeah, Killzone 2 is on my radar for 2009. I got a couple of games to go through first (Bioshock, Motorstorm, etc.) but I'm looking forward to the online play. We should form a clan, for sure.

We have never got a clan going on this forum. The closest we got was for MGO but it failed once we realized there was a fucking region lock.
TheAnalogKid2112
Well if KZ2 has no region lock and I get it, I'll get a clan goin'.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 28 2008, 09:17 PM) [snapback]1477026[/snapback]

Yeah, since I got everything worked out with my internet I am online alot more often and if there was a clan I would take an active role in it.

Plus I got beer and pizza.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 28 2008, 11:17 PM) [snapback]1477026[/snapback]

A game that costs 22 million to make better not be region locked.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Dec 29 2008, 04:43 PM) [snapback]1477107[/snapback]

I heard rumours that is costing upwards of 40 million to make it. 22 or 40 million, it better deliever and Sony better promote the heck out of it to see it succeed.
DiO
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Dec 29 2008, 10:15 PM) [snapback]1477124[/snapback]

I heard rumours that is costing upwards of 40 million to make it. 22 or 40 million, it better deliever and Sony better promote the heck out of it to see it succeed.

Well I heard the 22 million a LONG time ago. So I wouldn't doubt it.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Dec 29 2008, 09:40 PM) [snapback]1477131[/snapback]
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Dec 29 2008, 10:15 PM) [snapback]1477124[/snapback]

Well I heard the 22 million a LONG time ago. So I wouldn't doubt it.

Also, wasn't it scheduled for development on the PS2?
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
I played the first one.

Plot: Nazi-like rebel planet Helghan, one of Earth's colonies, start fucking up shit on an Earth colonie called Vekta. At the end of the first game, Jan and co. deactivate the SD platforms that were going to shoot down the Earth fleet. I guess you're a guy from the Earth fleet, brah.

Multiplayer: Tacked-on.

Potential for a sequel, ie this: sort of epic.

Hope you're sort of up on it now.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Jan 4 2009, 10:23 PM) [snapback]1477727[/snapback]
I played the first one.

Plot: Nazi-like rebel planet Helghan, one of Earth's colonies, start fucking up shit on an Earth colonie called Vekta. At the end of the first game, Jan and co. deactivate the SD platforms that were going to shoot down the Earth fleet. I guess you're a guy from the Earth fleet, brah.

Multiplayer: Tacked-on.

Potential for a sequel, ie this: sort of epic.

Hope you're sort of up on it now.

Thanks for the summary, I never played the game for ps2.

You are a different lead character this time around, right?
I Made Your Mom In GMod
I played a half level of this at the London Games Expo and it really is a fantastic piece of gaming. Graphics are excellent (woo radiosity lighting!) and the gameplay feels really meaty and solid. I'm seriously looking foward to playing this.
Oh and yeah, there are vehicles. I got to control a tank for a few minutes near the end of the level before somebody else nicked the controller.
TheAnalogKid2112
Confirmed release date, 2 new guns announced, and preview coverage: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/05/...eview-coverage/
DiO
Looks amazing.
angeal18
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Jan 17 2009, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1479266[/snapback]
Looks amazing.

I am looking forward to this game very much. Alot of people are saying it will fail but probably because thier fanboys. Im buying it day its out and i hope it lives up to the the hype. ( Not the fanboy criticism )
TheAnalogKid2112
New shit:
Awesome gameplay footage at a convention in Europe:
[youtube]3kc0j0FncCA[/youtube]
Kinda hard to hear, but incredible footage nonetheless. I'm starting to get intrigued by this game.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Bout fucking time, how long's it been since the first, 6 years?
TheAnalogKid2112
Guys, if you pre-order the game from GameStop, they'll give you the demo on February 2nd as a bonus. I thought this was worth posting.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:10 PM) [snapback]1479942[/snapback]
Guys, if you pre-order the game from GameStop, they'll give you the demo on February 2nd as a bonus. I thought this was worth posting.

I heard about this, is it a singleplayer demo or multiplayer?
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Jan 25 2009, 11:17 PM) [snapback]1480663[/snapback]

I couldn't tell ya. You KNOW they're going to release a demo a week after for everyone.
Bitch Heartless
i should get this.. i got no games for my ps3.. it just sits there..
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jan 26 2009, 12:47 AM) [snapback]1480665[/snapback]
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Jan 25 2009, 11:17 PM) [snapback]1480663[/snapback]

I couldn't tell ya. You KNOW they're going to release a demo a week after for everyone.

After they make a couple thousand put down 60 dollars, yeah why not? I'll download if it comes.
GLC
Play.com are doing a preety awesome pre-order deal for this.
£30: comes with an exclusive theme and you get £10 off this headset.

TheAnalogKid2112
I has a theme from Qore. A much better theme.
Kamahl
all reviews ive seen so far are pretty good... about 9.5 on average
TheAnalogKid2112
Well what did I tell ya HB? Demo coming this Thursday. I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about. Can you believe I haven't even watched or read the footage I've posted?
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 4 2009, 12:20 AM) [snapback]1481915[/snapback]
Well what did I tell ya HB? Demo coming this Thursday. I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about. Can you believe I haven't even watched or read the footage I've posted?

Well I'll be damned...

As for dodging all the previews and what not, that is the best way to go when you buy/try a new game. You judge the game for what it is, not what was promised or bragged about.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Feb 5 2009, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1482334[/snapback]
As for dodging all the previews and what not, that is the best way to go when you buy/try a new game. You judge the game for what it is, not what was promised or bragged about.

And that's precisely why I haven't. I've been too disappointed by too many games/movies because of that. So this should be good biggrin.gif
Ulster_Niko
Downloaded the Killzone demo last night and it has totally blew me away. What a fucking epic game! The graphics are stunning, the sound is spectacular and the gameplay is immensely realistic. Pre-ordered it on Play.com immediately. This is bound to be a major coup for PS3, I've never seen a game like it.
DiO
The demo kicks fucking all ass. When I get the game I will probably try different control settings so grenade is circle like other FPSs. The cover system is fantastic. Its very simple and functional.
TheAnalogKid2112
It's taking way too long to download. I'm letting it download in small portions over the day. Shoulda let it go while I was at school.
Kamahl
i suppose you all have a EU account or pre-ordered in US/Canada?

I can't pre-order and im too lazy to create an EU account so i havent played it yet.
TheAnalogKid2112
Yep. I was lucky enough to have already made one. It's ok, it's out in 20 days.
DiO
I'm dam glad I made a UK account. It doesn't take that long. Just put in all fake info. The e-mail address you use doesn't even have to be a real one. So there is no bother making a new e-mail as well.
TheAnalogKid2112
Call me a son of a bitch. I don't like it.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 7 2009, 02:38 AM) [snapback]1482480[/snapback]
Call me a son of a bitch. I don't like it.

You're a son of a bitch.
asthenia
So uh, D-O? You uh... you played this yet? Oh .. Oh no ofcourse you haven't.

I haven't bought it and I don't plan to for awhile yet but I played it at a friends and it blew my fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking socks off.
DiO
QUOTE(The Asthenia @ Feb 27 2009, 02:17 PM) [snapback]1487471[/snapback]
So uh, D-O? You uh... you played this yet? Oh .. Oh no ofcourse you haven't.

I haven't bought it and I don't plan to for awhile yet but I played it at a friends and it blew my fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking socks off.

Fuck Ast! I have to drop 2 hundo for a PS3 refurb.
Kamahl
well, the demo came out yesterday for those havent pre-ordered/dont have eu account, i didnt expect it to be so good... i cant wait to get it... but ill have to wait a month or so cause i dont have money right now...
aussie_b8ler
I've had this for the best part of a week, and it is perhaps the best fps on the market (definitely on consoles).

Everything is above and beyond what I had hoped for. The graphics are the best on any console, and the audio is exceptional. If you have an HD TV with surround sound, Killzone 2 will make you feel as though you are in the middle of the war. One issue is the story, which is highly generic. Although there are a few twists and turns in there to keep you guessing.

The levels are all vastly different, which was one of my greatest fears. I thought it would get repetitive but the guys at Guerrilla Games made sure it was entertaining from beginning to end. New enemies, bosses, weapons, and locations make each level more exciting than the last.

Also it is very difficult. The hardest difficulty (elite) is much harder than CoD's Vet difficulty. This is not a bad thing by any means; I just thought that I would mention it.

All in all, Killzone 2 is an amazingly engrossing experience. The visuals, audio, set pieces, insane weaponry, and the amount of action on the screen at one time culminate in a truly next gen fps title. Killzone 2 will be at the top for a long time.
GLC
Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't want this... =/
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(GLC @ Feb 27 2009, 12:49 PM) [snapback]1487507[/snapback]

You are not alone.
bOnEs
yea, i haven't looked into anything for this game either.... not really a big FPS fan...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Feb 27 2009, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1487608[/snapback]
yea, i haven't looked into anything for this game either.... not really a big FPS fan...

Says the "Fallout 3 fanatic" biggrin.gif
aussie_b8ler
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Feb 28 2009, 01:11 AM) [snapback]1487603[/snapback]
QUOTE(GLC @ Feb 27 2009, 12:49 PM) [snapback]1487507[/snapback]

You are not alone.

Says the "topic starter".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.