Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terminator Salvation
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
NIGGALICIOUS
The premise of Arnie's involvement is to have a fully rendered digital face of Arnie replacing the recently cast Roland Kickinger (The Younger version of Arnie). It seems the Director Mc G will in no doubt try all he can to ensure the Governator has some sort of involvement and as a result Arnold was on set providing key ADR (Voice over) for the visual effects guys to reference during post production...."

Christain Bale as John Connor

Big Budget

Schwarzenegger

Sam Worthington

It will be a hit if it is good or not
PCGamer
QUOTE(Phil Mipe Enos @ Dec 22 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]1476134[/snapback]
The premise of Arnie's involvement is to have a fully rendered digital face of Arnie replacing the recently cast Roland Kickinger (The Younger version of Arnie). It seems the Director Mc G will in no doubt try all he can to ensure the Governator has some sort of involvement and as a result Arnold was on set providing key ADR (Voice over) for the visual effects guys to reference during post production...."

Big Budget

Schwarzenegger

Sam Worthington

Terminator 2 is my fav,
NIGGALICIOUS
QUOTE(PCGamer @ Dec 22 2008, 05:23 PM) [snapback]1476140[/snapback]
QUOTE(Phil Mipe Enos @ Dec 22 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]1476134[/snapback]

Big Budget

Schwarzenegger

Sam Worthington

Terminator 2 is my fav,

Same here. I don't see Terminator Salvation being any better than the 1st 3 but we will see.
ENVi3
for some reason, after watching the trailers, i didn't really get the Terminator vibe from this movie .... it juts seems a little different, but I'll see i guess.
scarface1616
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Dec 22 2008, 09:05 PM) [snapback]1476184[/snapback]
for some reason, after watching the trailers, i didn't really get the Terminator vibe from this movie .... it juts seems a little different, but I'll see i guess.

Ya, but I think thats because this one is going to be during the war against the machines. The other three movies are John and his mother running from an assassin with a protector. This movie is just all out war.
PabloHoneyOle
It will be good, but remember when you first saw T2? There is NO WAY this will top T2 in any way, shape or form.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait. I just can't take all this blasphemy.
Handsome B Wonderful
it's gotta be better than T3, at least. Nick Stahl made John Connor an even whinier bitch than Ed Furlong did, and that's saying something.

Christian Bale will rocketh thy world. Hopefully.
Hardcore Ottoman
This movie cannot not entertain. Although T2 is the best, T3 is still very interesting. T1 is a cult classic, but it is embarrassing to watch today.

Chris Bale sounds okay. Who are they casting for his wife?
Sharpie Fetish
Arnie isnt in this one due to his responsabilities as Governor of California.
Hardcore Ottoman
Which he isn't doing a bad job at, except hating on homosexuals. Leave them alone mang...
NIGGALICIOUS
QUOTE(punxtr @ Dec 26 2008, 01:44 AM) [snapback]1476625[/snapback]
This movie cannot not entertain. Although T2 is the best, T3 is still very interesting. T1 is a cult classic, but it is embarrassing to watch today.

Chris Bale sounds okay. Who are they casting for his wife?

Roland Kickinger is playing the T-800 model 101 from the 1st Terminator movie, Arnold is doing viceover and Kickingers face will be replaced by young Arnold from T1. So technically he wont be in the movie. But you will hear his voice and see his face.
Flea
Crazy, i wounder how the finished effect will look, if it will actually look like arnie. The trailers looks very promising i think, they are trying to re-invent the Terminator franchise this time, with T3 they just did the samething that was already done in T2 more or less, does anyone know if it is the same director from T3 or a new one? judging from the look of the trailers am guessing a new one. T1 is a really good film, but because of how old it is, the effects mainly, it kinda spoils it when u watch it now, but the story still holds, T2 is still an amazing film to this day and i doubt there will be a better Terminator film, T3 was ok,, although it didnt do anything new and was quite close as passing as a disney film, the ending was good, the guy chosen to play John Conner was a joke, and they killed off Sarah Conner!
T4 looks like it could be really good, am liken Christine Bail as John Conner.
Full Metal Monkey
Same here. I don't see Terminator Salvation being any better than the 1st 3 but we will see.

Anything will be better than Rise of the Machines. Its the reason why their making The Sarah Conner Chronicles. It retcons Terminator 3.

As for Salvation...I will probably see it but since Terminator 3 the series has lost its credability. Making an originally 18 rated film and turning it into either a 12A or 15 just so a larger demographic can see it is bollox. They should make the film as they see fit without restraints like the first two.

Judgement Day was a huge gamble as the first film was a low budget film (cost somewhere around $6million). And so didn't worry about what rating it would recieve as it didn't think it would be a huge film. It wasn't. But its earn cult classic status.
Whereas Judgement Day cost around 3 times the amount of money to make compaired to the original had made in sales. But to earn that money back (around 100million) they need a larger demographic so have to make the film more accessable. Therefore be less violent, less swearing etc.

Still im rambling.

I know for a fact Salvation is going to be better than Rise of the Machines but i don't think it will beat the first two. Heres hoping.
Handsome B Wonderful
ewwww...The Sarah Conner Chronicles. I stopped watching after 4 episodes. It was like the oc with robots.

I hope they edit Christian Bale's rant, and put it in the movie. I can see it now.

John Connor dodges a H-K's missile.

"you fucking missed me, you fucking amatuer"

Hardcore Ottoman
^Funny.

Much hope for this movie.
PabloHoneyOle
Saw the preview last night, looks pretty fucking awesome. I had my doubts, but I will definitely be seeing this.
bOnEs
i saw this and, it was ok... i was looking forward to this but, it fell just a bit short of my expectations... it was still good and brought some life back to the terminator franchise but, it just felt like it was missing something... not really sure what that is though... bale was alright as connor but, sam wothington was excellent as marcus... he by far stole the movie from everybody... and the young kyle reese was good in his scenes too... both of these actors stole the show from christian bale, which is a shame because john connor is by far the most important character... and there wasn't any substance to christian bale's marriage to bryce dallas howard so, that storyline felt really really flat...

and there wasn't much in the way to bridging the history of the previous movies... maybe they're saving that for the 2 movies to follow but, kyle reese was the only storyline that came from the previous movies...

personally, i was looking forward to this movie the most but, it turns out that star trek was a lot better than terminator salvation... i'll still watch the next two movies because, it's shaping up to be a decent series... but, star trek is heading off into an exciting direction and i can't wait to see more of those biggrin.gif...
Hardcore Ottoman
I really enjoyed T4 mainly because, for once, there was a lot more interaction via warfare albeit however small. I used to think the war that commenced after judgment day was similar in the vein of WW2. But it makes more sense the way Salvation showed it. I saw it in DLP/IMAX experience... those fucking industrial noises from the bots were insanely good sounding. Nothing cheesy at all, it sounded evil and calculated.

My only gripe is when Skynet talked to Marcus telling him the same bullshit about him truly being something else bla blah, and then of course he rebels against his programming = human, etc... perhaps it isn't that it's implausible, just that it was done too technically. Like a deus ex machina.
DiO
I thought this movie was awesome.
ENVi3
anyone else think that T-600 that was keeping guard so people don't escape by climbing over the fence was going for the Pirate look with that rag? lol
Heartless
I liked this one the least, though I liked that they put more effort into a cohesive story then the third one. It tried to explain too many things at once but just ended up a confused mess. Besides, the series has stank like shit since James Cameron left after the second one. Also, I'm a bit confused; the Terminator (Arnie) was supposed to be the t-100 series. In this movie, he became the t-800 series. I think that in order of development, you have Arnie, the convict, the chick, and then the t-1000.
ENVi3
QUOTE(Heartless @ May 27 2009, 01:55 AM) [snapback]1504713[/snapback]
the Terminator (Arnie) was supposed to be the t-100 series. In this movie, he became the t-800 series. I think that in order of development, you have Arnie, the convict, the chick, and then the t-1000.
it is a little confusing, but i think the general idea is Arnold was a T-800 or T-850(in the 3rd movie), the liquid guy is a T-1000, and the girl is a T-X
Heartless
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ May 27 2009, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1504874[/snapback]
the Terminator (Arnie) was supposed to be the t-100 series. In this movie, he became the t-800 series. I think that in order of development, you have Arnie, the convict, the chick, and then the t-1000.
it is a little confusing, but i think the general idea is Arnold was a T-800 or T-850(in the 3rd movie), the liquid guy is a T-1000, and the girl is a T-X

Well sure, but the T-1000 was a hell of a lot more advanced then the T-X. The T-X was only partly liquid metal, where as the T-1000 was all liquid.
Hardcore Ottoman
But that was its flaw, if you kept it superheated and separate, it would basically be conquered. The whole point of the mercury allow whatever it was body was to morph into shapes and blend into the timezone. The T-X was better because it's hard metal/titanium (?) body could keep going while a thin layer of T-1000 shit could still let it morph into what it desired.

The T-X is definitely the best of both the T-800 and the T-1000.
Heartless
There's no way, from a scientific point of view. Managing to create a liquid shell around a cybernetic armature is one thing; animating an entire system out of liquid metal is another.

Also; why did they add the exploding fuel cells in 3 and 4? Maybe it was incinerated in 2 or was shut off, but in the first one he was crushed. It should have. detonated.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Whats with all the liquid metal cyborg bullshit anyway? Couldn't they just keep it classic Terminator 1 style?
ENVi3
QUOTE(Heartless @ May 27 2009, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1504897[/snapback]

Well sure, but the T-1000 was a hell of a lot more advanced then the T-X. The T-X was only partly liquid metal, where as the T-1000 was all liquid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-X#Characteristics
basically, the T-X is not limited to just making knives out of her hands to use as weapons
PabloHoneyOle
[youtube]cQ30S6DXTpw[/youtube]
Marney1
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 28 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1505020[/snapback]

He sounds just like Richard Pryor when he does the white mans voice lol.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE(marney1 @ May 28 2009, 01:56 PM) [snapback]1505074[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 28 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1505020[/snapback]

He sounds just like Richard Pryor when he does the white mans voice lol.

The comments on this kids' videos are hilarious.
Heartless
QUOTE(ENVi3 @ May 28 2009, 01:15 AM) [snapback]1504973[/snapback]
QUOTE(Heartless @ May 27 2009, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1504897[/snapback]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-X#Characteristics
basically, the T-X is not limited to just making knives out of her hands to use as weapons

Well, if we use Wikipedia, they also appear to agree with my argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_(character_concept)

Models

The first terminator model shown, simply called "The Terminator", was introduced in the first film, with a new model terminator added for each subsequent film. In addition to those models shown on screen, other spin off sources have introduced more, including T-800s with different appearances from Schwarzenegger, the T-70 from T2 3-D: Battle Across Time and the female I-950 from T2: Infiltrator.
Model Portrayed by Appearances
T-1
practical remote controlled robot
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Terminator Salvation
T-70
practical special effects model
T2 3-D: Battle Across Time
T-600[13]
Series 600
Chris Gann
Brian Steele
practical effects
computer-generated imagery
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Terminator Salvation
T-800/850/101
aka T-800
Series 850 Model 101
aka T-101 (T3)
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Franco Columbu
Roland Kickinger
stop motion
practical effects
The Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Terminator Salvation
T-888
Cromartie[14]
Vick Chamberlain[15]
unnamed Triple-8s[16]
Myron Stark[17]
Queeg
Owain Yeoman/Garret Dillahunt
Matt McColm
Patrick Kilpatrick & ______________
Todd Stashwick
Chad Coleman
practical effects
Unknown model(s) substantially similar to 8xx models
Carter
Carl Greenway's double
James Ellison's double
Rosie
Brian Bloom
Paul Schulze
Richard T. Jones
Bonnie Morgan
practical effects
Cameron / Unknown model
Summer Glau
practical effects
T-RIP
Marcus Wright
Sam Worthington
practical effects
Terminator Salvation
T-X
Kristanna Loken
other cast members
practical special effects
T-1000
Robert Patrick
other cast members
practical effect
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
T-1001
Shirley Manson
other cast members
practical effect
T-1000000
I-950 enhanced human
T2: Infiltrator
T2: Rising Storm
T2: Future War
Hardcore Ottoman
tl;dr

You need to organize that, I don't know what you're getting at.
Flea
It explains everything about the order of the Terminators in the 1st two films, The T-600 were the first of the Terminators, I'm not sure if they had the human tissue yet covering them, kyle reese sed they were big a clunky and easy to spot, so i guess they did have skin over, but it was more like rubber, then the T-800 came next (aka Arnie) and were harder to spot because the looked human and were lighter and quicker, then the T-1000 and then the T-X, but Terminator 4 didnt mention anything about Terminator 3 so mabe that story doesnt exist anymore in the terminator world, so mabe there isnt a T-X.
According to Terminator 4, i think the half human robot think would of came after the T-600.

Spoilers!

I thought it was a good film, better than T3, but like someone sed it did lack something, i think it started off really good then seemed to run out of steam, and the action seemed to get abit over the top and abit cheesy, and the ending was weak i thought.
Gazz
I loved the movie, the Arnold thing was a great little addition.

Spoilers Possible From Here Down!

I remember Arnold saying that he kills John in 2032 (this was in Terminator 3 he says this), So im possibly thinking that they just dabbed with the Arnold/CGI to see how it goes with the fans. So me is thinking that possibly we could have a full movie with the Arnold/CGI in the next one (since Arnold is the one to kill John as I said)...Who knows, just a theory...no need to flame rolleyes.gif

But I did love this movie...as for the game...well tongue.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE(Flea @ Jun 4 2009, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1506701[/snapback]
I thought it was a good film, better than T3, but like someone sed it did lack something, i think it started off really good then seemed to run out of steam, and the action seemed to get abit over the top and abit cheesy, and the ending was weak i thought.

yea, the ending just didn't feel right... i know it's suppose to not really be an ending since this is a trilogy but, the way in which it ended with marcus and john was meh... kinda killed the little bit of momentum it built up from the previous 15 minutes...

i'll still watch the rest of the trilogy though... but, it's not what i had hoped it would be... maybe the next one can build off the good things from salvation but then again, this is hollywood we're talking about laugh.gif...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.