Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Severe graphics corruption.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
HELMET
Seriously. I was playing it fine when all the sudden my pc crashed in the middle of playing, then I go to restart gta 4 and it looks like there are oil spills everywhere. Look at the pic. I tried everything from uninstalling gta 4 to uninstalling drivers and reinstalling and nothing is working at this point. When it crashed I did OC my 2.6 cpu to 3.0 when this happened. I have since then left it on 2.6. I am using an ATI Radeon 4870 x2 with catalyst 8.11 drivers. I hope like hell I didn't fry one of the gpus or something. It was running excellent till this happened.
HEAT84
I have no idea but why don't you try getting help in the GTAIV PC section at GTAforums.com. Its a hundered times busier than here. I don't understand why the GTAIV PC section is so dead here. Maybe most people that come here are colsole users.
HELMET
QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Dec 18 2008, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1475751[/snapback]
I have no idea but why don't you try getting help in the GTAIV PC section at GTAforums.com. Its a hundered times busier than here. I don't understand why the GTAIV PC section is so dead here. Maybe most people that come here are colsole users.

Wow! Thanks for the quick response! You've been most helpful!

Now can someone please really tell me what the f*** is really wrong with this bulls*** so I don't have to go out and run over pedestrians for real over this annoying problem cuz that's what this f***balls of a game is making me wanna do.
HEAT84
You're obviously so angry you're not thinking straight so I won't be offended by the sarcasm in your previous post. If go to gtaforums and ask for help there, you might get help faster because its way busier than here. If you already know about that site, you could've said that too.

Just a guess, your GPU could be overheating. You could download GPU-Z, Speedfan, or Rivatuner which will show you the temperature of your GPU. I think the normal operating temp depends on your GPU. Whatever that is, the temp will increase about 10 degrees higher during game play. I have an 8400GS which is at 162F/72C normal and goes up to 180F/82C during game play. Apparantly that's normal for my GPU, though it seems high. But they're designed to tolerate up to 212F/100C.
HELMET
Yeah, well I've overclocked the fan for my gpu and it stays at 60 degrees while I'm playing (that means tinkering the s*** out of it, not actually playing) and my cpu is 46 degrees.

I was able to get good fps without corruption by setting textures to medium, BUT then there was a problem with textures loading everywhere everytime I turned around. I said to myself " you just can't f***ing win for losing".

It's either

A) The fact that I'm using a 2.0 pci express card in a standard 1.0 (which the requirements said it would be ok to use it on a 1.0 and also the fact that 2.0 functionality is not even in full effect yet led me to BELIEVE this for some reason.)

or

B) This game is simply just a piece of s*** for pc.

or

C) ATI has s***ty drivers

or

D) This is just a s***ty pc game.
HELMET
I fixed it. Sorta.
PCGamer
QUOTE(HELMET @ Dec 20 2008, 09:45 AM) [snapback]1475879[/snapback]
Yeah, well I've overclocked the fan for my gpu and it stays at 60 degrees while I'm playing (that means tinkering the s*** out of it, not actually playing) and my cpu is 46 degrees.

I was able to get good fps without corruption by setting textures to medium, BUT then there was a problem with textures loading everywhere everytime I turned around. I said to myself " you just can't f***ing win for losing".

It's either

A) The fact that I'm using a 2.0 pci express card in a standard 1.0 (which the requirements said it would be ok to use it on a 1.0 and also the fact that 2.0 functionality is not even in full effect yet led me to BELIEVE this for some reason.)

or

cool.gif This game is simply just a piece of s*** for pc.

or

C) ATI has s***ty drivers

or

D) This is just a s***ty pc game.

hmmmmmmmmmm i say A or B. B more likely b-cos rockstar are full of s***
HELMET
I know it's B for sure because I got the game to finally work after endless nights of testing hardware and game settings, and finally getting it to work somewhat.
Thrifty94
Quick lesson for you...
1 Don't buy ATi
2 Don't run 2.0 on a 1.0 slot, its a bottleneck...
3 Don't complain about a game which everyone knows is screwed and will be fixed soon.
4 Don't make a sarcastic remark against helpful posts
5 And don't get angry about the fact that none of us are Rockstar staff and cannot tend to your every problem straight away
HELMET
QUOTE(Thrifty94 @ Dec 23 2008, 04:14 PM) [snapback]1476261[/snapback]
Quick lesson for you...
1 Don't buy ATi
2 Don't run 2.0 on a 1.0 slot, its a bottleneck...
3 Don't complain about a game which everyone knows is screwed and will be fixed soon.
4 Don't make a sarcastic remark against helpful posts
5 And don't get angry about the fact that none of us are Rockstar staff and cannot tend to your every problem straight away

Thanks for the advice.

Here's a little update for you since you've been away.

1. ATI is just fine with me. I've used Nvidia and ATI and I think both driver support sucks balls but I had to get an ATI card because my mobo has better support for ATI, and I'm not a GPU fanboy-bitch so I don't care as long as shit works right, and this card is totally awesome compared to the 8800 gts I had, and I can play any game at highest settings with so much more power at my disposal, including IV. Thanks.

2. My graphics card works just fine on my 1.0 slot. No bottlenecks. Thanks again.

3. Some people have been able to play this game smooth right out of the box, so not everyone's game is screwed. That point only applies to some not everyone.

4. If you can't take a joke go fuck yourself.
About the support factor, I wanted help here, a forum site that was suppose to be made solely for the support of GTA IV.
Gtaforums.com is a little circle jerk fest of teenage adolescent cock sucking to see who can get the admins to like them the most by trolling around and posting (a.k.a. "flaming") little "good quaker boy" bullshit like you tried to do in this thread, and If you ask me, that's where you belong.

I'm getting too old for that horseshit and I thought I would come here and post amongst fellow mature members that I know and respect, of whom I've yet to see their handles in this section since the PC release unfortunately.
So shame on me for using GTAIVTV instead of the shitty Gtaforums. I deeply do not apologize in any way, shape or form, especially to a troll of the likes of you.

5. I already know that no one here is a Rockstar staff member and if there were I'd tell them to quit wasting time on here and get the fuck off and fix the rest of the damn game.

====================

Now my response to your post.

I got the game to work just fine now without anyone's help (as usual), and your post was as helpful as an old tube sock.

At least HEAT84 gave a suggestion, and I commend him for taking my sarcasm as humor and not an excuse to try to flame my post.

You offered nothing but advice that is totally contradictory to your own behavior.

Here's my own quick lesson for you....

1. Stop trolling.

2. Stop trying to suck the admins balls by trying to correct peoples freedom of expression. Seriously dude, nobody here gives a shit.
If you wanna join a GTA forum site where everybody loves getting together just to see who can earn the most respect from the admins by sucking their cock better than everyone else, then Gtaforums.com is the place for you.

3. Don't come to me as a member that's only been here for less than a month telling me not to complain (that really makes you out to trying to suck the admins' choke sticks) when you and I both know damn well the whole reason you joined these forums is just so you could put your little 2 cents in on how you think there needs to be a patch ASAP, and your not satisfied with the 50$ game that mommy and daddy bought you.
Look on the bright side junior, at least you didn't pay for it.

I was a member long before the game was released so I had other reasons I wanted to be here besides complaining about how much of a shitty port this is, and trying to brown nose my way overnight to achieve some sort of imaginary level of supremacy to boost my ego because I fail at achieving real goals in life.

QUOTE(Thrifty94 @ Dec 15 2008, 11:13 AM) [snapback]1475270[/snapback]
QUOTE(Roggen @ Dec 15 2008, 09:02 AM) [snapback]1475255[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 14 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]1475153[/snapback]
I hate how people join the site just to bitch about Rockstar.

Stop whining, girl!
If you can't stand negative crittic about Rockstar you shouldn't be in a forum like this. Do you think that everyone is a big fan like you are?

Actually it is the only reason I joined this forum. To let others know that Rockstar did a LOUSY job porting GTA4 to the PC.
If they gave it away for free, I wouldnt care. But as long as they sell this crapy piece of code, you will continue to see people complaining.

Just live with it or shut up!

I agree, us consumers have had to spend out to buy this game in the hope that we would be getting value for money, but we get crap, a massive heap of crap the R* cant even fix properly, I don't blame people for being annoyed, because i am.

Us consumers?
By that you mean your parents right? Did they type that post? Because they're the ones that purchased it.
Right?

QUOTE(Thrifty94 @ Dec 8 2008, 01:23 PM) [snapback]1474393[/snapback]
QUOTE(Tuor80 @ Dec 7 2008, 10:38 PM) [snapback]1474319[/snapback]
I was able to install GTA 4 and everything worked....but after a while i tought, that i could change the resolution settings to improve the performance a little bit!
When I changed the resolution, my PC chrashed......and now, when i start GTA 4 there is always "input not supported" - but i hear the sound - so the game works.....only without a screen :(

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but the "input not supported" problem remains - what can I do??

My system:
E 6420 @ 2,13 GHz
2 GB RAM
Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB

This is strange, a somewhat good and maybe profitable excercise, would be to email rockstar with your problem and tell them things like you'll never buy an R* game again etc etc, I did thos and they sent me GTA IV gift set. So they didnt help me, just sent me more R* merchandise that i could sell on ebay to buy a better GFX card. XD.png true story

I actually payed for my hardware bitchboy. I didn't have to keep sucking Rockstar's titties dry for a freebie even though the port was shit and it was all their fault it was. I feel those gift sets need to go to the original buyers, your parents.
Hows that for moral support?

I payed for my hardware with well earned cash, and maybe if you would too you would have been just as pissed at the fact that a new game you just purchased did not not work right out of the box like it should on your $580 gpu. Not including the other $3,000 worth of stuff supporting it that came outta my own pocket.

QUOTE(Thrifty94 @ Dec 23 2008, 04:07 PM) [snapback]1476260[/snapback]
QUOTE(HELMET @ Dec 20 2008, 06:50 AM) [snapback]1475867[/snapback]
QUOTE(Psy @ Dec 3 2008, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1473724[/snapback]
If you have it on 360, don't get it on PC.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Or for the PS3. Whichever one.

I think the PC version will be patched and fixed at a much too late date of february, jesus, lets have some praise for Saints row 2, who reconsidered their release for pc after beta testing. At least they will have something more substantil when it comes out.

This is all I needed to see right here. It didn't take me having to see this post to know almost immediately without a doubt that you was a lil' saint's row fanboy.

This is GTAIVTV.com. You are a long way away from the Saint's Row forums.

Yes, I am a GTA fanboy and if you don't like it you can eat the peanuts outta my shit. At least I'm in the right damn forums.

Now please leave, and GTFO with your quick lessons and shove them up your little pimply ass.

EDIT: Back on topic, If anyone that owns a 4870 X2 is having trouble getting GTA IV to run please PM me and I would be glad to help the situation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.