Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maybe a little late... (I fount out Niko's real origin)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Hints N' Finds
neko_ceko
Well I just discovered why does everyone thinks Niko is from Serbia (or any other part of Yugoslavia).

Well I was watching a movie on TV. It's about an American pilot who was shot down in Bosnia. You probably watched it (behind enemy lines).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behind_Enemy_Lines_(film)
If you didn't watched the movie:

In "Historical Inspiration" it says:

"The movie bears some resemblance to the experiences of former USAF Captain Scott O'Grady, who was shot down on June 2, 1995, over Bosnia. He managed to survive for six days before being rescued. He reportedly filed suit against the producers of this film for defamation of character and making a film about his ordeal without his permission.[citation needed] The characters and events the film portrays are, however, almost entirely fictional. O'Grady never entered populated areas, interacted with civilians, or was pursued by Serb forces.[1]

In this respect, the film more closely resembles the experiences of Royal Navy pilot, Lt Nick Richardson, shot down over Gorazde on 16th April 1994, whose story is told in the book No Escape Zone."

That tells you what movie is about. So its about some pilot that was shot in Bosnia and he needs to survive before he is rescued.

Many people say that Niko is a Serb because well known that Niko fought in Bosnian war. (or Yugoslav War, because it started with Serbs attacking Slovenia, which took only few days, and then it spread out to Croatia and Bosnia, from 1992-1995, and all of these are former Yugoslavia countries)

But, not only Serbs, Bosnians and Croats fought in the war. Serbs had some help from Russia, and some other Eastern Europe countries (because they were all failure orthodox countries). So, I my self thought Niko was a Serb.
But then in wiki I read

"In the video game Grand Theft Auto IV, the main character Niko Bellic (himself an immigrant from Eastern Europe and veteran of the Yugoslavian War) bears a striking resemblance to the character Sasha."

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behind_Enemy_Lines_(film) under Trivia. So,

Yugoslav War - Started by serbs - We know Niko fought on Serb side - We know Russians/other Eastern Europe countries fought on Serb side - Wiki and most of sites strongly claim that Niko was an Eastern Europe immigrant = Russian/Eastern Europe Niko.

Mohawk
Well, nice job and everything... but I think he says that he lived there... he has the same accent as they have and his name is Nikolai Bellic... i think that should do the job...
And didn't R* say that too???
PabloHoneyOle
NOT TRYING TO BE A DICK: But, yes, you're HELLA late on this.

6 months ago, someone posted a whole forums with pictures of the antagonist of that movie and compared him to Niko Bellic as far as voice, appearance and military background.

I couldn't be bothered to find the forum, I'd probably need a time machine to go back to retrieve it from when the console versions were released.
TwoFacedTanner
I thought he was Serbian because in the beginning, when him and Roman are talking in the docks, Roman says "My English isn't as good as my Serbian."

And I thought someone said that his mother wrote to him in Serbian.
I mean, I could be wrong, I don't live over there.
Ex-PS Fanboy
He does say he's Bosnian. I think it was n the mission you first do with dimitri.
neko_ceko
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Dec 17 2008, 05:43 PM) [snapback]1475504[/snapback]
He does say he's Bosnian. I think it was n the mission you first do with dimitri.

If he says he is Bosnian, why would he fought on the site of Serbs :S
§ynch
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Dec 17 2008, 05:25 AM) [snapback]1475491[/snapback]
I thought he was Serbian because in the beginning, when him and Roman are talking in the docks, Roman says "My English isn't as good as my Serbian."

And I thought someone said that his mother wrote to him in Serbian.
I mean, I could be wrong, I don't live over there.

Yup, that's what Roman says.
Also one of the members here translated the email from Serbian to English.
2 other members on another GTA forum did the same.
His mother's emails when not in broken english, are in Serbian.

TreeFitty
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 17 2008, 08:00 AM) [snapback]1475490[/snapback]
I couldn't be bothered to find the forum, I'd probably need a time machine to go back to retrieve it from when the console versions were released.

*cough* search button *cough* nooby noob-head *cough* *cough*

Anyway these are the ones that exist in "Hints N' Finds":
"I found out that nico also looks like"
"Niko is not Serb (or Russian)"
"Niko is Serbian"

Add to those the other topics that found their way into other parts of the forum, plus the 50 topics that are gone with the original GTA4 part of the forum.

Lateness? Quite.
neko_ceko
QUOTE(TreeFitty @ Dec 17 2008, 08:28 PM) [snapback]1475535[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 17 2008, 08:00 AM) [snapback]1475490[/snapback]

*cough* search button *cough* nooby noob-head *cough* *cough*

Anyway these are the ones that exist in "Hints N' Finds":
"I found out that nico also looks like"
"Niko is not Serb (or Russian)"
"Niko is Serbian"

Add to those the other topics that found their way into other parts of the forum, plus the 50 topics that are gone with the original GTA4 part of the forum.

Lateness? Quite.

Yeah, but most of them are not true.

Ex-PS Fanboy
I can tell you he's not siberian, he says so himself when you first enter the gunshop
neko_ceko
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Dec 18 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]1475625[/snapback]
I can tell you he's not siberian, he says so himself when you first enter the gunshop

Does he says "I'm not Siberian", or does he says "I'm not Serbian"
psionic

OK, and now first hand info on the topic!

First of all, when he enters the shop, he says "...and I am not the russian!"

I live in Serbia, and so I have to say a few words...

For you, we are all the same, but in the european continent, there are a lot of nations living in a relativelly small area. We are located on the balkan peninsula, and we are much closer to the italy and adriatic sea (wich was the part of our country before war) than to Russia. There are few countries between us and russians... We weren't in same block during the cold war neither. We were in the same country with croatia, slovenia, macedonia, bosnia and monte negro. So, these are very similar with serbian language and folklor... Russian is little different. In the game - there are ocasions where a lot of eastern europe languages appear, symbolising a lot of immigrants from all over the east of europe.

Niko or Nikola is typical serbian name. Bellic (pronounced something like - bellich, not belliK) is typical last name from serbia. The language he speaks is also serbian - I know of that because I understand it. It is not russian, slovenian, albanian nor croatian. Plain serbian... The story behind Niko, his language and everything else is connected with serbia. He maybie wears russian outfit, but in America there are a lot of stuff from all over the old continent, and that is the point... He will not wear only serbian stuff. Serbia is small country and thus, cannot supply outside it's own borders.

My BIIIG dissapointmen is that the serbian voiceover was given by american narator, so it sounds veeery unnatural and unaccurate. Also they were literarlly translating phrases, that lead to inacurate sentences... They COULD find genuine serbian in USA - couldn't they ? smile.gif

I hope that, now - I cleared up things a little...
Banana Boy
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 18 2008, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1475694[/snapback]

My BIIIG dissapointmen is that the serbian voiceover was given by american narator, so it sounds veeery unnatural and unaccurate. Also they were literarlly translating phrases, that lead to inacurate sentences... They COULD find genuine serbian in USA - couldn't they ? smile.gif

I noticed as I progressed through the game, Niko's accent became more american and he said alot of american things
Massacre
QUOTE(Assassinator @ Dec 18 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1475725[/snapback]

I noticed as I progressed through the game, Niko's accent became more american and he said alot of american things

Yeah, his accent is really thick in the beginning of the game. It's hilarious to hear him say "Where's Barbehra with the beeg teeties and Stephanie who sucks like a vaycuum?" -Spelling altered for emphasis, obviously.
psionic
QUOTE(Massacre @ Dec 19 2008, 06:46 AM) [snapback]1475769[/snapback]
QUOTE(Assassinator @ Dec 18 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1475725[/snapback]

Yeah, his accent is really thick in the beginning of the game. It's hilarious to hear him say "Where's Barbehra with the beeg teeties and Stephanie who sucks like a vaycuum?" -Spelling altered for emphasis, obviously.

Yeah, his english is badly accented too, but what I am speaking of is his serbian accent. It is hillariously accented, it is like some speaking program in windows, trying to say it in serbian smile.gif My native language is serbian - i live in belgrade, so I know of it.

...and if you could hear my english - it doesnt sound like Niko at all... But what do I know, I am not a "yokel" as him, I am a computer geek biggrin.gif

cheerz...
neko_ceko
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 18 2008, 08:49 PM) [snapback]1475694[/snapback]

For you, we are all the same, but in the european continent, there are a lot of nations living in a relativelly small area. We are located on the balkan peninsula, and we are much closer to the italy and adriatic sea (wich was the part of our country before war) than to Russia. There are few countries between us and russians... We weren't in same block during the cold war neither. We were in the same country with croatia, slovenia, macedonia, bosnia and monte negro. So, these are very similar with serbian language and folklor... Russian is little different. In the game - there are ocasions where a lot of eastern europe languages appear, symbolising a lot of immigrants from all over the east of europe.

Niko or Nikola is typical serbian name. Bellic (pronounced something like - bellich, not belliK) is typical last name from serbia. The language he speaks is also serbian - I know of that because I understand it. It is not russian, slovenian, albanian nor croatian. Plain serbian... The story behind Niko, his language and everything else is connected with serbia. He maybie wears russian outfit, but in America there are a lot of stuff from all over the old continent, and that is the point... He will not wear only serbian stuff. Serbia is small country and thus, cannot supply outside it's own borders.

From wiki:

Niko Bellic is a fictional character from Eastern Europe[1] in the Grand Theft Auto video game series. He is the main protagonist and playable character of Grand Theft Auto IV.

Niko was born in Yugoslavia and grew up in Serbia. His father was an alcoholic, who bullied him. His mother, Milica, had a maternal and caring nature; she regretted that a decent person like Niko was forced to grow up in such a harsh environment. He fought during the Kosovo War, where he witnessed and committed numerous atrocities, leading to his cynical view on life. His war experiences and upbringing have led to him having a cynical take on life, ultimately leading to profound feelings of regret and depression. A defining moment in the war, for Niko, was when his army unit of fifteen young men were ambushed by the enemy. Niko barely escaped and most of his friends were killed. He later discovers that two other members of the unit also survived, he concludes that one of those two sold the unit out for money. Niko vows to track down the culprit, motivated not solely by revenge, but a need for closure - in order to move on with his own life.

When the war ended, work was hard to come by for Niko. His cousin, Roman, moved to America to start a new life in Liberty City. Niko, knowing only violence, turned to the criminal underworld for the next ten years, while at the same time searching for the two other men who survived the ambush. At some point during this interval, he briefly spent time imprisoned. Sometime after he was released, Niko joined a human trafficking ring run by Rodislav Bulgarin. Niko eventually discovers that Florian Cravic, one of the two survivors of the ambush, was also living in Liberty City.

During one smuggling run into Italy, the boat Niko was working on was attacked and sank into the Adriatic Sea. Niko managed to swim to safety, but everything else was lost. Bulgarin, needing someone to blame, accused Niko of sinking the boat and escaping with the money onboard. Niko denied this, but Bulgarin refused to believe him and was too powerful to fight back, so Niko quickly joined the merchant navy and fled from Bulgarin. He spent the next seven months at sea, befriending the crew of the Platypus and contemplating Roman's request for him to come to America. Roman had been asking Niko to come to Liberty City to share a new life[3] of a mansion, cars, money and women, which Niko desired, but primarily needing to locate Cravic and evade Bulgarin's wrath.

Upon arriving in Liberty City, Niko realizes that Roman's prior tales of success were embellished; he actually lives in a tiny apartment, runs a small taxi depot[3] and owes gambling debts across the city to several criminals. Niko ends up working for Roman, protecting his cousin from the loan sharks that keep harassing him. Roman soon loans Niko's services to friends and enemies alike, which angers Niko, although he needs the money, and sets in motion the events of the game.

Niko's view of American culture is one of confusion and mild disgust. The rampant materialism annoys him and he has trouble relating to Roman's fascination with the country. Plus, after working for so many criminals, he feels that everyone in Liberty City is a crook.

Niko's personality shows him being a rather stern but caring figure. He tends to alternate between anger and plain sarcasm. He can, at times, be a very caring figure - when he sees various people on the streets having a bad time, he feels obliged to help them with whatever problem they have. However, he is also known to criticize people's jokes (such as when Packie jokes over the death of Francis) and shout at people who argue irrationally. He also brings people to reality in a flat-out way ("We're not on a sight-seeing cruise!"). The most significant aspect of his personality is his cynicism, which he gained in the war. His main weakness is his inability to let go of the past - a weakness that causes him much aggression when the issue of finding Darko and Florian comes up. Knowledge of their whereabouts matter more to Niko than money and he will often ask his employers to help him find them. Another aspect of his personality is his distaste for drugs - he regularly refuses the offer of marijuana and occasionally expresses distaste for the heroin he is supposed to be dealing with.

Niko Bellic is voiced by Michael Hollick.[4] Hollick was paid about $100,000 for his voice acting and motion-capture work over the course of about 15 months from 2006 to 2008. Hollick was paid about $1,050 a day for his work on the game, about 50% more than the standard Screen Actors Guild-negotiated rate for actors, although he claimed it was still a fraction of the income he would get from a movie or TV-show performance, and that he was upset about not getting residuals from game sales, putting the blame on the union for not securing such agreements[5]. Hollick told The New York Times that while he was a theater student at Carnegie Mellon University he developed a talent for dialects.[5]
§ynch
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 18 2008, 11:49 AM) [snapback]1475694[/snapback]

Thanks man. Very informative.
I remember that, "I am not Russian".

Brucie and Packie also refer to Balkan.
"My Balkan Friend".
Pieface
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Dec 19 2008, 04:04 PM) [snapback]1475785[/snapback]

From wiki:

Says it all really. When has Wiki ever been ultra reliable?
neko_ceko
QUOTE(Pieface @ Dec 19 2008, 06:14 PM) [snapback]1475796[/snapback]

From wiki:

Well, I've never saw wiki says stuff like, "someone told me", "I heard on TV", "I think" etc. And I've never found something on wiki that isn't true.
neko_ceko
Check that video, it really explains where is Niko from.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE4Pe447Sr0
And Niko talking bosnian/croatian/serbian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpFPYg14mXk...feature=related
Pieface
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Dec 19 2008, 09:11 PM) [snapback]1475803[/snapback]

From wiki:

Well, I've never saw wiki says stuff like, "someone told me", "I heard on TV", "I think" etc. And I've never found something on wiki that isn't true.

Alot of Wikipedia is theories, and its made by people like you and me. They could just write anything down and it would pass due to no-one from wikipedia that bothered to research it.
psionic
QUOTE(Pieface @ Dec 20 2008, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1475940[/snapback]

From wiki:

Alot of Wikipedia is theories, and its made by people like you and me. They could just write anything down and it would pass due to no-one from wikipedia that bothered to research it.

OK, even if you don't belive Wiki, why wouldn't you belive me? Why would he speak serbian language if he is not Serbian? And also, Balkan peninsula is half a continent away from russia!

Wiki says that he is a FICTIONAL character - he doesn't really exist. But in the story - he is placed in Serbia, speaks serbian, refers to things happened in serbia, and so on. His background is obviously made-up... but is built on true facts. Why is this unclear from the game itself, is beyond me.
Pieface
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 20 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]1475950[/snapback]

From wiki:

OK, even if you don't belive Wiki, why wouldn't you belive me? Why would he speak serbian language if he is not Serbian? And also, Balkan peninsula is half a continent away from russia!

Wiki says that he is a FICTIONAL character - he doesn't really exist. But in the story - he is placed in Serbia, speaks serbian, refers to things happened in serbia, and so on. His background is obviously made-up... but is built on true facts. Why is this unclear from the game itself, is beyond me.

I never stated that I didn't believe you. I just merely stated that Wiki isn't always truth and we shouldn't be gaining our evidence from what somebody who has way too much time says about Niko.
macorules94
ATTENTION!!

Ok now that i have your attention

In the starting scene when niko gets off the boat, there is a part where Roman says: bla bla bla better than my SERBIAN

and anyways...

ROCKSTAR DIDNT MAKE IT RIGHT BECAUSE...

NIKOLAI BELLIC IS NOT A SERBIAN NAME....IN SERBIAN IT WOULD BE

... NIKOLA BELIC....SERBIANS DONT USE DOUBLE LETTERS, I KNOW THIS COZ IM

FROM YUGOSLAVIA.... the republic of Macedonia

And Nikolai in the whole Yugoslavia is Nikola

So next time R* should get their facts right

well sorry for sounding like an ass hole lol

btw... the person who speaks for Niko, cannot speak serbian for shit

coz when you crash, Niko says.. Uderio si mi auto....thats wrong...in serbian its udArio si mi auto, not uderio si

mi auto
neko_ceko
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 20 2008, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1475950[/snapback]

From wiki:

Wiki says that he is a FICTIONAL character - he doesn't really exist. But in the story - he is placed in Serbia, speaks serbian, refers to things happened in serbia, and so on.

Because Serbian language = Bosnian language = Croatian language? And because he isn't placed in Serbia in game, and doesn't refers to things that happened in Serbia?
psionic
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Dec 21 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]1476016[/snapback]
Because Serbian language = Bosnian language = Croatian language? And because he isn't placed in Serbia in game, and doesn't refers to things that happened in Serbia?

Wrong! Serbian, bosnian and croatian language are the same but different dialects! You can easilly tell if someone is from croatia, bosnia or serbia... Even from wich part of serbia.

The other two nations are really strict about their language name. It is Bosnian and croatian. If he was croatian for example, he would NEVER in the world say "...my SERBIAN is ..."

He is not placed in serbia in the game, but for someone knowing what happened here in Balkan, it is obvious. During the war, Serbia was proclaimed as an aggresor and so it is logical for the main character to be exactly from there, to emphase his violent and wild nature.

The last statement is not clear to me.. No, things didn't happen in serbia, they happened in former yugoslavia. You could say that serbia wasn't under war, but was fighting the war outside, the others may think that we were merely defending our occupied territories... The latest incident in kosovo is an example - serbians see it as integral part of serbia, but not the others... So, for me - it refers to things that happened in Serbia. It is much complicated for someone out of the story...

I have never seen Nikola was spelled as Nikolai. Nikolai is pure russian, Nikola is not.

A reminder: you CAN inform yourself as much as you like, but you will never know all the facts as someone who LIVED through it. Same goes for the guys from rockstar. There are some holes in the story, but roughly - that is that
... Heh, this topic really goes political biggrin.gif
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 21 2008, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1476040[/snapback]
I have never seen Nikola was spelled as Nikolai. Nikolai is pure russian, Nikola is not.

As evident from the Balkan gentleman know as Nikola Tesla!

psionic
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Dec 21 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1476045[/snapback]
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 21 2008, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1476040[/snapback]

As evident from the Balkan gentleman know as Nikola Tesla!

Hehe... not all people from around here are savagers!
smile.gif
neko_ceko
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 21 2008, 08:33 PM) [snapback]1476040[/snapback]
The other two nations are really strict about their language name. It is Bosnian and croatian. If he was croatian for example, he would NEVER in the world say "...my SERBIAN is ..."

I don't know man...
psionic
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Dec 21 2008, 11:14 PM) [snapback]1476067[/snapback]
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 21 2008, 08:33 PM) [snapback]1476040[/snapback]

I don't know man...

OK I see your point... I watched the movie, and agreed with it. But as I said earlier, he speaks in serbian dialect. Not bosnian or croatian, I would recognise them... RS wanted to conceal his true identity but you have to agree that logical explanation is that he is 'war torn veteran from infamous Serbian army' (as far as I know, everybody else was attacked by serbs, or so the media presented it that way) and came to much hated USA (one single time our capital Belgrade felt the coldness of war, was when NATO and USA bombarded it - and common sleng was "glupi ameri" - stupid americanos, which Niko said a few times when chased by police. The other nations greeted USA bombardment, even provide logistic backup - and would never say something like - stupid americanos or stupid americans.

More about language: Serbo-Croatian was official language of former Yugoslavia. With it's disappearance, it disappeared too, and Serbian, Bosnian, Macedonian, Croatian and Slovenian were born. Serbian, Bosnian and Croatian were the same language before, but now they inserted a lot of 'new' words into it, just to emphase the diference. Macedonian and Slovenian are a lot different than Serbian or SerboCroatian. I do not speak slovenian for example but speak Serbian.

Another thing is his position in the game - all the hotshots are russians - like in real life - Niko is only a minor criminal from somewhere around, like all other small criminals - albanians for example. They will never be the real deal, because they are peasants - yokels - as Vlad liked to call Niko. So they are only for dirty jobs...

My conclusion, taking all in account, is that he is a guy from eastern europe, twisted by the war, from nowhere exactly, symbolising all nations in that part - could be anybody really. But when reading between lines - he speaks serbian, he acts serbian, he writes serbian, his background - I clearly see that Niko IS serbian... taking revenge on Americans smile.gif

Again, the whole story is imagined - so there are a lot of holes which people like to fill, to get the impression they want smile.gif I am not stating that he MUST be Serbian, but they gave him way too much serbian attributes to remain neutral, in my opinion...

A lot of letters huh smile.gif
neko_ceko
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 22 2008, 07:27 PM) [snapback]1476147[/snapback]
More about language: Serbo-Croatian was official language of former Yugoslavia. With it's disappearance, it disappeared too, and Serbian, Bosnian, Macedonian, Croatian and Slovenian were born. Serbian, Bosnian and Croatian were the same language before, but now they inserted a lot of 'new' words into it, just to emphase the diference. Macedonian and Slovenian are a lot different than Serbian or SerboCroatian. I do not speak slovenian for example but speak Serbian.

True, but not about born part thing, because before Yugoslavia languages were like today: Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Slovenian, Macedonian, Montenegres (<or something)

And about Niko talking with Serbian dialect: I think its not true because, the guy who acted him, can't speak serbian(or other) language for shit. He is like (like you said): "Udeeerio si mi auuuuuuuuuuto", so if the language he speaks is not correct, dialect is probably not correct too.

Other then that, I agree.
psionic
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Dec 22 2008, 08:22 PM) [snapback]1476156[/snapback]

True, but not about born part thing, because before Yugoslavia languages were like today: Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Slovenian, Macedonian, Montenegres (<or something)

And about Niko talking with Serbian dialect: I think its not true because, the guy who acted him, can't speak serbian(or other) language for shit. He is like (like you said): "Udeeerio si mi auuuuuuuuuuto", so if the language he speaks is not correct, dialect is probably not correct too.

Other then that, I agree.

Tek sam sad video da si iz BiH... biggrin.gif Ja sam mislio da si tamo neki 'stranac' kojem je rus isto sto i srbin, pa uhvatio se ko pijan plota da te ubedjujem biggrin.gif

Sad mi je jasno sta pokusavas da mi kazes - jeste - ne moze da se zakljuci iz par recenica da li je Niko zapravo srbin i to je i bio cilj. Da bude neodredjen... Ali neko ko pokusava da prica na recimo - bosanskom - rekao bi "gdje si posao..." (ili - gdje si BA pos'o) umesto "gde si posao", koliko god to rekao sa losim akcentom... NPR iz ovog posta moze se zakljuciti da sam sa srpskog govornog podrucja, a ne sa bosanskog ili hrvatskog. Zar ne ? Mada, to je citao neki amerikanac, sluzeci se internetom i sl... Ja sam iz namere da shvatim zasto nisu angazovali nekog ko zna da prica da to odradi, dosao na ovaj forum... Bas mi kvari trip. Mogao je preko neta da im posalje snimke !

Postojala je i igra "Soldier of Fortune" gde je nivo smesten na Kosovo. A tamo, hrvatske sahovnice na sve strane, netacno napisan text na zidovima, mesano latinica i cirilica... Totalno bezveze i govori koliko zapravo oni znaju o svetu van USA.

Nekako mi se samo cini logicno da je niko srbin jer smo mi bili proglaseni za glavne zlikovce, a to ide u prilog njegovom profilu - mada kao sto rekoh - svako moze da tumaci kako hoce, jer se oko nebitnih detalja nisu ni trudili niti su hteli da ih nesto preterano naglasavaju...

pozdrav smile.gif
macorules94

Well.. Macedonian wasnt exactly "Born"

In the time of Yugoslavia, in the Macedonian part, everyone spoke Macedonian, not serbo-croatian

and everything in there was macedonian

thats what my grandma told me

she said in school they learnt serbian as a second language lol

so macedonian was always there
neko_ceko
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 22 2008, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1476158[/snapback]
Postojala je i igra "Soldier of Fortune" gde je nivo smesten na Kosovo. A tamo, hrvatske sahovnice na sve strane, netacno napisan text na zidovima, mesano latinica i cirilica... Totalno bezveze i govori koliko zapravo oni znaju o svetu van USA.

Pa i jesu debili amerikanci XD.png
Vjerovatno si upravu, mozda i jest srb.
sanse:
65% - Srb
20% - Iz ostalog dijela ex jugoslavije
5% - Rus
8% - Ostalih dijelova istočne evrope
2% - Ostalo

(sorry people for not speaking english)

@ GTAFan
It was always like that, in all yugoslavia countries. Country language was first language they learned, and the second was Serbo-Croatian.

So:

Slovenia
1st language: Slovenian
2nd language: Serbo-Croatian

Montenegro:
1st language: Montenegrin (or something)

Macedonia:
1st language: Macedonian

Croatia:
1st language: Serbo-Croatian (because it is serbian and croatian language)

Serbia:
1st language: Serbo-Croatian (same as above)

Bosnia:
1st language: Serbo-Croatian (its Bosnian language, but Bosnia was never "equal" (macedonia and montenegro too) with Serbia and Croatia, because Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia were "main" countries, and reason is a long story.)

psionic
QUOTE(neko_ceko @ Dec 23 2008, 11:50 PM) [snapback]1476265[/snapback]
QUOTE(psionic @ Dec 22 2008, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1476158[/snapback]

Pa i jesu debili amerikanci XD.png
Vjerovatno si upravu, mozda i jest srb.
sanse:
65% - Srb
20% - Iz ostalog dijela ex jugoslavije
5% - Rus
8% - Ostalih dijelova istočne evrope
2% - Ostalo

(sorry people for not speaking english)

@ GTAFan
It was always like that, in all yugoslavia countries. Country language was first language they learned, and the second was Serbo-Croatian.

So:

Slovenia
1st language: Slovenian

Montenegro:
1st language: Montenegrin (or something)

Macedonia:
1st language: Macedonian

Croatia:
1st language: Serbo-Croatian (because it is serbian and croatian language)

Serbia:
1st language: Serbo-Croatian (same as above)

Bosnia:
1st language: Serbo-Croatian (its Bosnian language, but Bosnia was never "equal" (macedonia and montenegro too) with Serbia and Croatia, because Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia were "main" countries, and reason is a long story.)

Pozdrav...
Ne znam ima li smisla pisati na engleskom, ali ajde zbog svih koji citaju...

I am sorry for what I said about languages being borned from Serbian. Not all languages are... Macedonian and Slovenian are much different than Serbian, and that I have said before. But the other 3 (including monte negro) are all Serbian or call it whatever you like - it is the same language. Different dialects.

Ever watched Top Lista Nadrealista ? When Djuro, Nele and friends are using dictionary to translate from Croatian to Bosnian and Serbian... Borders insade the same building and customs between floors. smile.gif

They all (incl. Macedonian) originated from the same language, and then were influenced by the languages of natives when old Slavics came to Balkans from Ural... Some languages were changed a lot, some not at all (I think macedonian is the most similar to it's original form because it has more similarities with Russian than Serbian has) So what I say is that the language spoken in remaining 3-4 states is so little different that it is hardly enough to call it different dialect, and yet they all trying to make a whole new languages out of it. No offense I am just trying to be real. They are bothered by the fact that their language is called Serbian, and they don't see themselfs as serbs. It is not the name of the language that is a part of ethnic inheritage - it was transformed into Serbo-Croatian during former YUG. to make it acceptable for all. It is one language, you can call it as you like. It is just another obstacle in the way for people in former Yug to argue about. We are all forgetting we came from the same place. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, I know everybody is tired of Serbian hegemony, but I don't want to say that all what I said earlier, can't be applied to Serbia also. And just to add that I am macedonian living in Serbia, so I fluently speak nearly all languages of former YUG so I know what I am speaking of.

this is going off-topic so I won't replying here anymore about this. I think our foreign friends don't like to watch pointless conversations like this about our micro-ethnical misunderstanding. Soon, every inhabitant of Balkan will be it's own state.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.