Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The PATCH is out, YIIIPPPEEYYY!!!!.......not...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
Roggen
Well, well... Rockstar finally managed to release a patch for the PC version. Wich according to Rockstar 'some Fans' hav issues with....!?

First, were not a few. Secondly. speaking for myself of course, I'm NOT A FAN anymore!!!

But the most important thing is:

THE PATCH DOESN'T FIX THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS!

Ok so it fixes some issues with bowling or something.... Hmmm if I only could play the game so I could get to a bowling alley.

What i can do in GTA 4 is let Niko walk or drive in mid-air. See through buildings. Oh yes, cars in the distance look like something from Star Wars or The Fifth Element. They hover in the air. And this is when I let the game choose the optimal settings!!

This has to be the most incompetent release in years. I just hope that Rockstar does something nice with all the money we paid them for this crap.

And for the record; my system meets the minimum requirements.
FuddMan
Rockstar finally managed to release a patch for the PC version.

I think that's the key phrase here. I'm not defending Rockstar for releasing an unfinished game or a dodgy patch, but gamers are so impatient in waiting for patches that the developers need to rush them out to keep their loyalty. That leads to problems and the whole thing goes down in a spiral. If you guys would give them some time to fix everything, there would be less chance of more issues down the line.
Thrifty94
Patch fixed nothing for me, I'm still having terrible rendering problems.
PabloHoneyOle
I hate how people join the site just to bitch about Rockstar.
HEAT84
Didn't make a difference for me. Rendering is just fine for me. Its just really slow. Why are some people complaining about 30-40 FPS? You gotta be fucking kidding me! I can't even get 20.(The benchmark says 13).
Roggen
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 14 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]1475153[/snapback]

Stop whining, girl!
If you can't stand negative crittic about Rockstar you shouldn't be in a forum like this. Do you think that everyone is a big fan like you are?

Actually it is the only reason I joined this forum. To let others know that Rockstar did a LOUSY job porting GTA4 to the PC.
If they gave it away for free, I wouldnt care. But as long as they sell this crapy piece of code, you will continue to see people complaining.

Just live with it or shut up!
Thrifty94
QUOTE(Roggen @ Dec 15 2008, 09:02 AM) [snapback]1475255[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 14 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]1475153[/snapback]

Stop whining, girl!
If you can't stand negative crittic about Rockstar you shouldn't be in a forum like this. Do you think that everyone is a big fan like you are?

Actually it is the only reason I joined this forum. To let others know that Rockstar did a LOUSY job porting GTA4 to the PC.
If they gave it away for free, I wouldnt care. But as long as they sell this crapy piece of code, you will continue to see people complaining.

Just live with it or shut up!

I agree, us consumers have had to spend out to buy this game in the hope that we would be getting value for money, but we get crap, a massive heap of crap the R* cant even fix properly, I don't blame people for being annoyed, because i am.
HEAT84
I don't think its a bad port. They just optimized it for a system that won't exist for 3 years. mad.gif
1UP
Well despite my agreeing that they released an unfinished port to PC, I must agree with Duff that all we can do is be patient for more patches I guess. I got the game few days ago (technically a Christmas present from friend.lol), completely unplayable for me, all my gaming comps specs are above the recommended an it plays like crap on lowest settings. Currently I am given no choice but to set the game aside an wait for fixes.
RomanBellic
why don't you just save some money up go out and buy a PS3/xbox then you wouldn't have to join this forum to complain about GTA4 on the PC.
1UP
QUOTE(RomanBellic @ Dec 16 2008, 01:43 AM) [snapback]1475376[/snapback]
why don't you just save some money up go out and buy a PS3/xbox then you wouldn't have to join this forum to complain about GTA4 on the PC.

I don't need to, I already have a PS3 and this game on it as well. I always get the PC versions for mods. You really should have known already... The biggest thing about PC GTA is modding, the experience an fun the console versions never come close to. In short the PC GTA's have always been the ultimate out of the different versions.

The problem is Rockstar always release a console version first and allot of us are impatient so we buy both. In this case I didn't have to buy the PC version. Point being the choppy port is hurting more then just people without an Xbox360 or PS3.

You got learned, fool.
CygnusX
QUOTE(1UP @ Dec 16 2008, 06:32 AM) [snapback]1475374[/snapback]
Well despite my agreeing that they released an unfinished port to PC, I must agree with Duff that all we can do is be patient for more patches I guess. I got the game few days ago (technically a Christmas present from friend.lol), completely unplayable for me, all my gaming comps specs are above the recommended an it plays like crap on lowest settings. Currently I am given no choice but to set the game aside an wait for fixes.

I feel the same way.
RomanBellic
QUOTE(1UP @ Dec 17 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1475495[/snapback]

I don't need to, I already have a PS3 and this game on it as well. I always get the PC versions for mods. You really should have known already... The biggest thing about PC GTA is modding, the experience an fun the console versions never come close to. In short the PC GTA's have always been the ultimate out of the different versions.

The problem is Rockstar always release a console version first and allot of us are impatient so we buy both. In this case I didn't have to buy the PC version. Point being the choppy port is hurting more then just people without an Xbox360 or PS3.

You got learned, fool.

my post was towards Roggen...
1UP
QUOTE(RomanBellic @ Dec 17 2008, 07:38 PM) [snapback]1475563[/snapback]
QUOTE(1UP @ Dec 17 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1475495[/snapback]

You got learned, fool.

my post was towards Roggen...

Well quote them next time.lol

Point still stands this is PC discussion and I doubt anyone expected this port to be so awful. I never saw game crippling problems like this in the past. Like everyone else, we assumed the port would be to the quality of past GTA ports. I think it is quite legitimate thing to complain about, it shouldn't have happen.
HELMET
I think the biggest problem is loading errors and power management issues involving how the game is programmed to respond to the GPU.

To fix all that we would need a patch about 1gb in size.

I'm still leaning on the theory that somehow these "Games for Windows" console to pc port games somehow use an emulator to run them on a Windows OS. I have used many emulators before and these port games act very much like an emulator.

We should find a member that could test this theory by using a rig almost identical to the PS3 or XBOX 360 specs in terms of OS background services (which would have to be an all time minimum), PSU, CPU, and GPU, AND optical disc drive. Not sure how to go about testing as far as MOBO specs.

Even that wouldn't stand as a true test since how the OS thing would get in the way.
kael
This patch is simply nothing! Its not fixing a thing i have more errors then without this patch! When im in the game its running smoothly in medium configuration but when i play about 10 minutes its getting very laggy then suddenly the whole system crashes with a blue screen showing! angry.gif Rockstar mest up this game for pc pretty much im vating for a patch that solves this mes. And i really believe it will be almost 1 gb patch not 30 mb to solve all these errors!
HELMET
Guess what, I installed Gears of War today (another "Games for Windows" console to pc port) and every time I play to the end of the first level it crashes my whole pc. It just shuts off........completely. Same thing happened to me playing GTA IV the other night. It happened twice. It's not a PSU problem because all my other games never do this. Only the 2 "Games for Windows" games.

I am convinced it is an issue somehow connected to Microsoft and it's a shame that I will not be purchasing Fallout 3 or Crysis since I've sworn to never buy another stupid "Games for Windows" game ever again. I made an exception for GTA IV, but if Aliens: Colonial Marines is any way associated with Windows live (or Ghostbusters) I will be getting either a PS3 or an XBOX 360.

These are emulated pieces of s*** and we're suppose to be the beta testers. Straight up. Theres no doubt in my mind. Except Crysis. That is a PC exclusive but I'm still not getting it.

From now on it's non-Games for Windows PC exclusives for me.

The way it should be.
Thrifty94
GFW = FAIL seriously, R* should have had nothing to do with them, and instead of making a crappy port they should have just re written the game for pc
HEAT84
Yeah, somebody get to work on a no GFW and/or RGSC crack. Jumpy.gif
moorken
i can just add one more thing to this:
Its sad to see that rockstar made a quick conversion from the XBOX360 versie which wasnt ready for release yet.
i think that this crappy release will have harmed them a lot. we will have to wait and see if they are able to create a descent working version of this game, however this crappy release made me descide not to purchase any further Rockstar products unless they solve the problems with this game and convince me that they do their best to release a descent product!
HELMET
The only way they will solve it is by trashing the whole "Games for Windows" deal.

I will kick that useless means of a PC gaming marketing ploy to it's f***ing grave.

Games for Windows is the best example of Murphy's Law. What can go wrong, will go wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.