Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
TheAnalogKid2112

Fortune Favors The Bold!
Fortune hunter Nathan Drake returns in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, a pulse- pounding third-person action-adventure/shooter created by award-winning developer Naughty Dog.
Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artifact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse against a fugitive war criminal whos after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city. Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything but has his luck finally run out?

Finally! I just got this in an email from Sony. Tune in to the VGA's on December 14th on Spike at 9 p.m. EST for the exclusive first trailer!!!!
Here's the full webpage. There's a magazine with a 10-page story on it that I'm going to pick up. Check it!!
I CAN'T WAIT!! http://playstation.innovyx.net/v?xJqcJcnEHWcnlcJqlTJc

EDIT: Here's a game page/teaser on the PS website. http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/games/un...amp;FTTR=U2_gdp
EDIT 2: [youtube]69EBDlnDw2k[/youtube]

EDIT 3: A shit-load of high-res screenshots that literally blew my mind. Well, not literally, but figuratively. There's 20, so too many to post here. Check 'em out.
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14225971/un...?page=mediaFull
That's image 1. Go there and start cycling. I'm loving the change of scenery!!! Great fucking find.

Edit TO edit 3: Cycling through, I notice a brunette chick accompanying Drake in most of the shots.. No Elena in any. I bet he knocked her up on the boat-ride home and pushed her overboard.
DiO
I am going to eat nothing for the next 24 hours so I don't shit my pants.
Dr. Evil
I just may have to call into work tomorrow night.
Kamahl
i cant wait for it, i already saw a few scans from that magazine, game is looking good
TwoFacedTanner
Maybe I missed something...

but...

WHY IS HE DRESSED LIKE THAT IN A DAMN BLIZZARD?

DiO
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Dec 14 2008, 12:49 PM) [snapback]1475132[/snapback]
Maybe I missed something...

but...

WHY IS HE DRESSED LIKE THAT IN A DAMN BLIZZARD?

Well he is pretty beat up. I assume "shit happened."
TheAnalogKid2112
I'm not digging the voice-over. I wish they kept the first guy.
1UP
Anyone else see the new vid for this on spike? At least it's still got that humor the first one had. Was awesome.
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(1UP @ Dec 14 2008, 07:28 PM) [snapback]1475196[/snapback]
Anyone else see the new vid for this on spike? At least it's still got that humor the first one had. Was awesome.

Yes indeed. I got to watch it because I didn't have to work tonight!!!!!!!! I love how the camera pulled back and showed him dangling over the cliff. I was like...OH SHIT!
Kamahl
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 14 2008, 08:53 PM) [snapback]1475177[/snapback]

huh?

its the same guy
DiO
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Dec 15 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1475282[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 14 2008, 08:53 PM) [snapback]1475177[/snapback]

huh?

its the same guy

It is the same guy. Analog, lay off the Vegas Crack.

Here it is.

[youtube]PtN0BBAUjCE[/youtube]

Drake is such an awesome character.
TheAnalogKid2112
^Holy fucking shit.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 15 2008, 05:05 PM) [snapback]1475317[/snapback]
^Holy fucking shit.

You say that here but "ghey" to the GoW trailer. Pls die NOW!
bOnEs
man, i've been behind on the gaming news these past few days... a lot of stuff was released and this was one of em... and of course i am excited!! my guess was the next drake's adventure would have something to do with atlantis (maybe drake's 3 then biggrin.gif) but, this sounds great... i need to go do some more research on this and GOW3...
aussie_b8ler
I was watching a trailer for this game on The official Playstation youtube channel. This was in the "more info" section.

"Fortune Favors The Bold!
Fortune hunter Nathan Drake returns in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, a pulse- pounding third-person action-adventure/shooter created by award-winning developer Naughty Dog.
Down on his luck, Drake is lured back into the treacherous world of thieves and mercenary treasure-seekers he had sought to leave behind. When a mysterious artifact propels Drake on an expedition to find the legendary Himalayan valley of Shambhala, he finds himself embroiled in a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse against a fugitive war criminal whos after more than just the fabled riches of the lost city. Caught in a web of deception and plunged into an increasingly deadly pursuit that tests the limits of his endurance, Drake will be forced to risk everything but has his luck finally run out? "

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tzy2-UuFPJg Theres the link if you want to check it out for yourself.

I hope they give us the sequal we are all expecting.
HB~Sauce
Awesome, loved the first game and this teaser trailer. Hope they keep it a single player game only, online will ruin it IMO.
DiO
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Dec 26 2008, 07:14 PM) [snapback]1476698[/snapback]
Awesome, loved the first game and this teaser trailer. Hope they keep it a single player game only, online will ruin it IMO.

See that is bullshit. If you don't like online modes then don't play them. Simple as that.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Dec 26 2008, 04:47 PM) [snapback]1476702[/snapback]

See that is bullshit. If you don't like online modes then don't play them. Simple as that.

For real. Can you imagine the creative online modes they'd come up with? And more areas! I wouldn't mind online as long as they put as much effort into the campaign as they did in the first one.
DiO
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 26 2008, 09:12 PM) [snapback]1476705[/snapback]

For real. Can you imagine the creative online modes they'd come up with? And more areas! I wouldn't mind online as long as they put as much effort into the campaign as they did in the first one.

Pretty much. The online shouldn't affect the SP at all in ANY way. I'm not expecting online modes but I would welcome them for sure.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 26 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]1476705[/snapback]

If they tried to make Uncharted a shooter for online, that would suck terribly. Since it's a platforming game, they would have to utilize the platforming element. I guess a tomb raiding capture the flag would be pretty deace.

My fear was that they would just tack on the multiplayer aspect of the game, but if they do put as much effort into it as they would with the campaign (like you said) then It could be potentially fun.
DiO
If its tacked on and sucks don't play it. It still isn't going to affect the single player. Its not going to ruin anything.
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Dec 27 2008, 10:25 AM) [snapback]1476814[/snapback]
If its tacked on and sucks don't play it. It still isn't going to affect the single player. Its not going to ruin anything.

Yeah, I guess that's what I'll do if the scenario plays out.

I wonder if Naughty Dog is gonna have a co-op campaign with the single player. That'd be pretty cool.
DiO
Only time will tell. I'm sure naughty dog will produce a quality game.
Pieface
I hope its longer than the original...
HB~Sauce
QUOTE(Pieface @ Dec 28 2008, 03:27 AM) [snapback]1476913[/snapback]

Yeah, the game was on the shorter side but since the pacing was great I couldn't have seen the game be any longer without starting to drag.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(HB~Sauce @ Dec 28 2008, 09:04 AM) [snapback]1476937[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Dec 28 2008, 03:27 AM) [snapback]1476913[/snapback]

Yeah, the game was on the shorter side but since the pacing was great I couldn't have seen the game be any longer without starting to drag.

Pretty much what I say. I thought it was a good-sized game.
bOnEs
i am sure the multiplayer IS a co-op campaign...

i just can't picture how they would pull off online deathmatch modes and such... if you remember, your perspective for shooting was quite strange... having the ability to shoot thru walls that would technically be in your way... but, if you could adjust the camera to look around the wall, drake could literally shoot right thru it... i could imagine the complaints from online deathmatch fanboys crying because they keep dying at the hands of some dude stuck in a wall laugh.gif...

unless naughty dog tweaks the shooting system a bit, which would be dumb because it works, i don't see how it's possible to have these modes... the shooting system is perfect the way it is... plus, drake's fortune never struck me as a muliplayer game... the only thing that made sense was co-op since drake had a sidekick thru probably half the game...

and i don't want naughty dog throwing in some damn mulitplayer modes just for the sake of appeasing the dumb masses (dumb asses) who think everything needs to be muliplayer these days... games like drake's fortune are meant to be single player platforms anyways... why does everything have to be multiplayer? and if so, just throw in a co-op mode and you'll still have a very successful game...
TheAnalogKid2112
Adam, you know that we were just suggesting/wondering about multiplayer right? They haven't confirmed or even mentioned it before. I definitely agree with you on the co-op part, even though it seems the game starts out with him alone. It would be sweet. Finally Elena would be USEFUL. biggrin.gif

Yes, I called you Adam. I don't like typing out the caps in your name.
bOnEs
how did you know mai name?!?!?!?!?!!?!? laugh.gif... kiddin...

yea i know, i just thought i'd point out why it wouldn't work IMO... but, co-op could definitely work... he might start alone in the video preview but, drake was treasure hunting with elana at the start of the previous game... i'd imagine he'd start the next game like that as well... plus, that video might be of a cutscene a couple hours into the game after most likely the pirates chasing drake sabotaged the train or something... or the scene of him wandering through the snow, that could be the opening sequence but, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's alone... who knows, elana might show up 2 minutes later in a helicopter to pick drake up...

plus, i've learned to never trust the game footage you see in previews... cut-off gloves anyone? biggrin.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 29 2008, 11:45 AM) [snapback]1477079[/snapback]
how did you know mai name?!?!?!?!?!!?!? laugh.gif... kiddin...

yea i know, i just thought i'd point out why it wouldn't work IMO... but, co-op could definitely work... he might start alone in the video preview but, drake was treasure hunting with elana at the start of the previous game... i'd imagine he'd start the next game like that as well... plus, that video might be of a cutscene a couple hours into the game after most likely the pirates chasing drake sabotaged the train or something... or the scene of him wandering through the snow, that could be the opening sequence but, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's alone... who knows, elana might show up 2 minutes later in a helicopter to pick drake up...

plus, i've learned to never trust the game footage you see in previews... cut-off gloves anyone? biggrin.gif...

All true! It'd sure be nice. I highly predict the helicopter picking him up (probably cause of R2 laugh.gif ) but I guess we'll have to see.
DiO
QUOTE(bOnEs @ Dec 29 2008, 12:49 PM) [snapback]1477069[/snapback]
and i don't want naughty dog throwing in some damn mulitplayer modes just for the sake of appeasing the dumb masses (dumb asses) who think everything needs to be muliplayer these days... games like drake's fortune are meant to be single player platforms anyways... why does everything have to be multiplayer? and if so, just throw in a co-op mode and you'll still have a very successful game...

I certainly don't think that. But I have to say again that naughty dog isn't going to be "throwing" anything in the game. Everything will be "well placed."
bOnEs
yea, i got faith in naughty dog too... they sure do know how to deliver entertaining products biggrin.gif...
TheAnalogKid2112
Another edit! 20 AMAZING high-resolution screenshots from IGN. You're definitely going to want to see these.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.