Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prizes for top players
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
Fullpipe360
Players need more for the time they spend becoming the best. RockStar is a MULTI BILLION DOLLAR company that doesn't seem to care about the little people out there that make this game a success. Without the consumer what would they have? DEBT is what they'd have and with the DLC coming out soon at $20 you might as well add a few 100 millions or more to there total. I just think Leaderboards should pay out something monthly to the top players even if it's just a damn T-shirt. you know when the next GTA comes out the GTA4 leaderboard might as well disapear. I think offering something to the top players would increase the amount of people playing. It would also be nice if Rockstar could some how keep up with new player stats and give something to the best of the noobs too.
Pieface
How Pleasant. Now why would they have to do that? They're a company who make the game, you buy the game too play and then you want to make them reward you when they have millions of fans who will do anything to buy their next game. Doesn't sound like brilliant Business Skills, and that is what Rockstar is, a Business. They don't have to do anything if they don't want too.

The people need a life for becoming the best really, its not a good game compared to the others, and then there is the hassle off contacting the person and sending off all off the prizes when why could they be bothered? I never see EA rewarding us, they're much MUCH bigger than R* and when they finally gave something out for free (Burnout Paradise DLC) they decide at last minute to add a price onto that.
Thrifty94
what a brilliant idea, reward the cheating players... NOT
Fullpipe360
I didn't say they had too I said it would be nice. Mark my words right here and now it will happen. Gaming is only getting bigger theirs alot of people out there making alot of money playing games. I think it will be a natural evolution of online games to reward the best.

As for EA they suck they bring out the same games every year with just a couple extras and brain washed people buy millions of them. They treat there workers like shit and the head people take all the money. Thats whats wrong with the industry they give nothing back to the people that make them what they are today.

I've not seen any cheating on GTA4 I don't play every game mode but I'm sure it's not as bad as games like Gears of war. Just because your at the top of a leaderboard doesn't make you a cheater.

All of a persons info is on file with microsoft. How many leaderboards are in the average game 5 that would be such a hassel to send a handfull of people a t-shirt or something.
Mohawk
But, would you want a shirt? Whats the point of that? To show your friends your better than no one in spend time in front of a tv while there's a whole world to be lived out there?
personaly, I don't think they should botter about who is on top of the rank, but with everyone, they should know what we want and what we expect, giving us good stuff, this would make them sell more...
OH! btw, they gave prizes to the first people to beat the game...

------------------------OFF
was i the only one that didnt like the new 100% signature?
Anton
the people who are on top of the leaderboards have been on top since day 1, hows that possible? by exploiting the game bugs and glitches. to stay in good relations with its customers R* should reward average players because if you think about it most people playing arenti n the top 10 etc.
Fullpipe360
I get what you all are saying and yes I would like a 1 of ten t-shirts or something like that. It really doesn't matter what it is a gift is a gift and one that has only a few copys in the world would be cool. I don't get why people come to gta forrums just to tell people they need to get out and live life. I am living life and loving it.

It's obvious some of the leaderboards are glitched [Races] etc. but you can look down the list and tell who really is the leader. I know I'm not the only one out there busting butt to keep 1st in true skill or over all.

Think about it the people that are the best at something in this world get more than the average joe does thats just the way it is.
Pieface
QUOTE(Fullpipe360 @ Dec 20 2008, 11:26 PM) [snapback]1475961[/snapback]
I get what you all are saying and yes I would like a 1 of ten t-shirts or something like that. It really doesn't matter what it is a gift is a gift and one that has only a few copys in the world would be cool. I don't get why people come to gta forrums just to tell people they need to get out and live life. I am living life and loving it.

It's obvious some of the leaderboards are glitched [Races] etc. but you can look down the list and tell who really is the leader. I know I'm not the only one out there busting butt to keep 1st in true skill or over all.

Think about it the people that are the best at something in this world get more than the average joe does thats just the way it is.

So, your greed has caused this topic off wanting more than a product you bought?
Fullpipe360
Greed! Greed! i'm not asking for $$$$ or a free DLC I'd just like to see some give aways custom t-shirts key-chains hats etc. If this is being greedy I'm sorry I guess I am.

It's not my fault I'm first on a leaderboard and no one else on this site seems to be. You all continue to be slaves to the system and I'll continue to try and change it.

Video games are evolving into a sport now you name a sport out there where the best of a certain games settles for t-shirts and key-chains. Theirs not any they all want millions.
Mohawk
QUOTE(Fullpipe360 @ Dec 26 2008, 09:27 AM) [snapback]1476663[/snapback]
Greed! Greed! i'm not asking for $$$$ or a free DLC I'd just like to see some give aways custom t-shirts key-chains hats etc. If this is being greedy I'm sorry I guess I am.

It's not my fault I'm first on a leaderboard and no one else on this site seems to be. You all continue to be slaves to the system and I'll continue to try and change it.

Video games are evolving into a sport now you name a sport out there where the best of a certain games settles for t-shirts and key-chains. Theirs not any they all want more millions.

lol?
i mean... doesnt sports require exercise of the body? i dont see how gta could be ever seem as a sport... but who knows! maybe in 2016 we'll have gta V in the olympics...
Fullpipe360
Ha Ha

Anthing that you compete against other people can be considered a sport right?
Pieface
Your first on the leaderboard because the game was an epic failure. Not many people I know play it much anymore.
Fullpipe360
Failure it's gonna sell more than any other game this year. Don't sound like a failure to me. Maybe people accross the ocean would wrather have my little pony online.

I'm sure theirs alot of you scatered brained short attention span people out there that only play a game 10 hours then sell it. people like you can't compete with the human race only AI.
Mohawk
QUOTE(Fullpipe360 @ Dec 27 2008, 04:36 AM) [snapback]1476738[/snapback]
I'm sure theirs alot of you scatered brained short attention span people out there that only play a game 10 hours then sell it. people like you can't compete with the human race only AI.

well, in this gta u've got nothing to do after beating it 100%, and i tried getting trophies, but some are just to boring to get, like racing all kinds of races or racing 20 times in single player... i didnt sell my gta for three reasons: -like playing it once in a while -fanboy -cant find out a place where i can sell it down here in brazil, all my friends have it too so i cant sell it to them...

OH!
i think i can say i live across the ocean, if your from the UK or across the continent if ur in the US and I dont want ur "little pony"...

btw this sounds more like a rants and raves topic to me... its becomin one with this winny "person" trying to deffend his point... and its getting fun!
Pieface
QUOTE(Mohawk @ Dec 27 2008, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1476789[/snapback]
QUOTE(Fullpipe360 @ Dec 27 2008, 04:36 AM) [snapback]1476738[/snapback]

well, in this gta u've got nothing to do after beating it 100%, and i tried getting trophies, but some are just to boring to get, like racing all kinds of races or racing 20 times in single player... i didnt sell my gta for three reasons: -like playing it once in a while -fanboy -cant find out a place where i can sell it down here in brazil, all my friends have it too so i cant sell it to them...

OH!
i think i can say i live across the ocean, if your from the UK or across the continent if ur in the US and I dont want ur "little pony"...

btw this sounds more like a rants and raves topic to me... its becomin one with this winny "person" trying to deffend his point... and its getting fun!

If it carries on like this, then I'll move it. And I think hes American seeming as I'm English...
bOnEs
geez, i'm ranked somewhere around 430 overall for the PS3 version... to me, that's a HUGE ENOUGH accomplishment... it means i am an above average GTA gamer... i don't need a damn t-shirt that says, "i'm an above average GTA gamer and all i got was this lousy t-shirt!"... i don't need shit...

and if you don't think being in the top 500 is an accomplishment then, your fucking retarded... it actually means i sorta don't have a life laugh.gif... which is sorta true... being in the top 500 overall, and top 200 in DB shouldn't mean shit to anyone else, and no one else should even care... the only person that should care is me and my close friends who compete in the same categories...

and actually just because your ranked in the top 10 for something doesn't mean your a top 10 gamer... hell, in deal breaker i run into lots of people in the top 50... and i've beaten quite a few of them in kills... and others just sit in the damn garage and let everyone else do the dirty work while they sit back and watch TV... waiting for the mission to end and reaping the rewards of a successful mission... you move up the rankings by how many times you've played, not because your the best...and if your even in the top 10 for xbox, that doesn't mean your even better than the top 50 PS3 gamers... you don't fucking know so, how would R* know?
HongKongPhooey
Rockstar needs to take all that money and put it into another new game! Oh what they are already doing that, oh wait thats how videogames are made?! No fucking way!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.