Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Theoretical Exercise: Zombie Mode Ideas
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > Multiplayer Discussion
RogueStarkiller
I don't know if an actual formal zombie mode for GTA4 multiplayer is in the works or if it ever will be, but if it were, what would be your ideas?

A few of mine:

1. Survival Mode
-Simple 16 player elimination. High Pedestrian(Zombies) count. 2 teams: Start with 1 Zombie vs. 15 Humans(same team). All weapons on but maybe increase melee damage for zombies. Zombies respawn. As the Alpha Zombie kills players, the Zombie team grows until there is a last man standing who gets bonus points in the form of a 100% health/armor boost.

2. Rescue Mode
-2-team or 3-team with Time Limit & High Pedestrian Count(Zombies)
--2 teams of humans: 1 rescue team, 1 held up team vs. Zombie onslaught. Rescue team has to break through and take as many survivors to getaway vehicles at 1. Airport with waiting choppers or 2. Dock with waiting boats
--3 teams of humans: 1 rescue team, 1 held up team, and 1 Zombie team. Same rules apply as above except zombies are played by humans

3. Sanctuary Mode
-1 team(all humans) or 2 team(humans vs. zombies)
--Single Sanctuary Destination: Humans have too make their way across city ON FOOT(cars-optional) to a safehouse and hold out. Turn on Time Limit for real challenge. Final sanctuary inside cathedral if opened up?
--Multiple Point Destinations: Humans must make their way through a series of destinations on way to safehouse. Route could take humans through subway tunnels and abandoned factories.

4. Zombie Hunt
-Time limit. FFA kill as many zombies until time runs out. If you get infected, kill as many humans until time runs out or all humans lay dead. If you die as a human, you join the ranks of the undead army.

What do you guys think?
DiO
It would be awesome. Its something a group of people could work out online in free-roam. Its too bad We've never been organized to get people to play like this.
FuddMan
What I'd like to see is a 16 player co-op mode where the whole team is up against hundreds/thousands of AI-controlled zombies that mob the streets. It's a possibility on the PC version, but I reckon the consoles wouldn't be powerful enough unfortunately.
PabloHoneyOle
Whoa, is there a double post or am I just really high?

Edit: Turns out I'm really high.

Great post though, very good ideas and very well written.
asthenia
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Dec 10 2008, 08:44 PM) [snapback]1474617[/snapback]
What I'd like to see is a 16 player co-op mode where the whole team is up against hundreds/thousands of AI-controlled zombies that mob the streets. It's a possibility on the PC version, but I reckon the consoles wouldn't be powerful enough unfortunately.

Like GTA's own Zombie Horde, but in the whole city?

I can't fathom the awesome and fun I'd have if that was to happen... fucking rooftop sniping them.. running them down... headshots galore...
Banana Boy
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Dec 10 2008, 03:44 PM) [snapback]1474617[/snapback]

orly?

I can imagine SINGLE PLAYER, maybe a 4 player multi.

Zombies against nico, he has full ammo and can drive by the Ammo stores and get full again for free but he has to wait 10 minutes in between gun stores

zombies will be able to sprint when you are in a car, but will walk when you are not, when driving they will run infront of your car, and try to slow it down.

lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.