Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: uraxnrifr.exe
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
neko_ceko
Well, for few days now every time I turn on my PC I get this thing. After I close it once it opens again, and then after I close it that time it closes till the next time I start my PC.
I tried to run that program, or what ever it is, today and nothing happened :S
Does anybody knows what is it? I tried to google it but I got 0 results...

Sheep
Looks dodgy.

Try the following:

Start>Run> Type "msconfig" hit enter, go to the startup tab, find the entry with the same name as that and untick it, you might also want to untick anything else that is named as a random string of letters and numbers, chances are its something you dont want running. Be careful you dont disable anything you need to run on startup though, only untick things you're sure you dont need to run on startup.
Severus Snape
In addition to what Sheep said, I suggest running a virus scan on your pc just to make sure.
Sheep
Yep that would be the next step, i would recommend stopping that from running first, otherwise the anti virus might not be able to remove it if its running.

A good free online one (you dont need to install) is http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
neko_ceko
Thank you very much. I unticked that from the startup file (there were 2):

Also I found few files that look like random mix of letters like you said, but I'm not sure what are they:

Will I remove them too?

I'll do the scan with my anti-virus and that online one now too.
Sheep
The rest of those look ok, if you want you can scroll along to the right a bit, and it has the path where its running frm, sometimes gives more of an idea what it is.

Just a warning, the online one might kick up a fuss with you already having norton, worth a try though.
asthenia
If you're ever unsure about an .exe make sure to google it too, you'll always get an answer from there if you don't get one here.

-edit- Maybe not. Just googled your .exe and the only result is this very site. O_O
neko_ceko
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Dec 9 2008, 11:25 PM) [snapback]1474523[/snapback]
If you're ever unsure about an .exe make sure to google it too, you'll always get an answer from there if you don't get one here.

-edit- Maybe not. Just googled your .exe and the only result is this very site. O_O

Yeah I tried googling it to firstly, but I got nothing tongue.gif
Sheep
Heh. Did you get it sorted?
neko_ceko
Yes, I did all what you told me to, and I made a scan and it was clean.
Thanks!
Sheep
Excellent. No problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.