Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems with keyboard
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
Kistoot
Hi all!

I have a problem for which i cannot find solution anywhere, so i hope you can help me!

When i start the game my keyboard just doesn't response to anything except the Ctrl+Alt+Del, and the win button! When i'm not running the game, it is working perfectly, so i don't think this is a hardware problem, mor like a software problem, but i don't know what exactly!
The game works perfectly, except i can't move, and its starting to get on my nerves!
mad.gif
Pls help me if you can! Thx
DiO
I'd just re-install for starters.
Kistoot
QUOTE(Ayreon @ Dec 7 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]1474313[/snapback]

Yes it's already done, but it didn't help...
Thrifty94
QUOTE(Kistoot @ Dec 7 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]1474314[/snapback]

Do you have a wireless keyboard? what make is it? is it ps2 or usb? how old is it?
Kistoot
QUOTE(Thrifty94 @ Dec 8 2008, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1474387[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kistoot @ Dec 7 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]1474314[/snapback]

Do you have a wireless keyboard? what make is it? is it ps2 or usb? how old is it?

No, it's a Genius ps2 keyboard. I don't know exactly but it shouldn't be older than 2 years.
Thrifty94
You could try a different keyboard, preferably a USB one... the keyboard might not be the problem, but its the most obvious test.
Kistoot
Unfortunately i don't have a USB keyboard, but i tried it with another ps2, and it also didn't work. Thats why i think it must be a software problem.
Kistoot
Yesss thumbup.gif !

I found out what the problem was!
I put the ZoneAlarm in Game mode, but it was still using my keyboard (I don't know for what)!
I shutted down the program, and voila, my keyboard was working immediately!

Thanks for your help everyone! notworthy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.