Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NVIDIA releases drivers optimized for GTA IV
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
CygnusX
The folks at NVIDIA have released a new beta-driver package, Forceware 180.84, specifically optimized for use in Grand Theft Auto 4 on PC.

Improvement in frames per second varies from just a few to over 10. More than enough to give these drivers a try if you feel GTA4's performance is letting you down.

Head on over to www.nzone.com and grab your driver package. Be sure to share your results in our forums!
DiO
CygnusX back and posting t3h news. Well hazaah!
scruffyscruffy
Is this game just for GTA4 or does ot work with anything?
CygnusX
QUOTE(scruffyscruffy @ Dec 7 2008, 07:38 PM) [snapback]1474269[/snapback]
Is this game just for GTA4 or does ot work with anything?

If by 'game' you mean 'drivers' then yes it works with anything, but especially well (or allegedly) with GTA4.
scruffyscruffy
yea, thats what I meant.
TheAnalogKid2112
I love you scruffyscruffy!!
Thrifty94
still failing to load polygons
HEAT84
Does GTA IV support Physx? Anybody know anything about Physx? I never heard of it until I installed these drivers. I guess it couldn't hurt to enable it?

In the Nvidia settings where you can custimize settings for diferent games, it has Grand Theft Auto 4(gtaiv.exe) and Grand Theft Auto 4 (launchgtaiv.exe). WTF?? When I check "Show only programs installed on this computer" , the gtaiv.exe one disappears. I thought launchgtaiv.exe was just Securom in disguise.

Edit: this new forum software must have an anti-double posting feature. I did reply but it added to my previous post instead. ohmy.gif I hit the back button to make sure I wasn't crazy.
SJActress
While I own a desktop, for some reason, it has a laptop graphics card (Nvidia Geforce Go 7600). According to Can You Run It, my graphics card isn't actually good enough anyway, but I was wondering if I should bother installing this download at all.

The game runs on my system, but like many people, I can only see the car and it's immediate surroundings. I can't see enough to actually drive it anywhere.

I can never get an answer from Nvidia about this, as my desktop seems to be the only one in the WORLD with a laptop graphics card (shipped that way).

ETA: I decided to give this driver a go. It's telling me that the driver is only supposed to be used on a Vista 32-bit system, and the install terminates. Fair enough, except that my OS is Vista 32-bit!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.