Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What if we can't run the game!!?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
MadasHell
Windows XP w/ Service Pack 3
(2005) Dell-built Dell XPS
Nvidia 6800 GT (w/ latest drivers)
P4 (3.6g w/ "HyperThreading" Single Core)
1g Ram

So, even on the absolute lowest GTA IV settings I can't play. I can see the two characters and the car they're sitting in at the opening of the game (when the game actually decides to load properly) and that's it! Everything else is gray, and it that weren't enough, the remapped controls (arrow keys) didn't even work, yet even if it did, I'd just be driving blindly into a gray fog. Great, there goes $50 damn bucks down the toilet flush! Now I can't take the game back to BestBuy either! What a deal. Now what? Any suggestions people? Oh, I don't have the mega-cash it takes to buy a new comp, so... wallbash_red.gif

Can I get my money back Rockstar?
Qdeathstar
Your system doesn't meet the minimum hardware requirements..

* Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
* RAM: 2GB
* Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space
* Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader
* Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Source: http://www.gta4.tv/article/789662/gta-iv-p...ments-revealed/

You need at least 2 gigs of ram and a dual core processor... it states it all clearly on the box.

You can upgrade to a faster computer, or sell it on ebay...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.