Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Memory Wrong?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
idire
Yes I bought the game before anyone asks.

Why does GTA4 only recognise 780mb out of my 4GB of RAM on my system?

It prevents me from raising my graphics settings, no idea if it affects actual gameplay.

I have Windows Vista 32bit, dell xps 420. 8800GTX 768mb
crowbar192
The memory you mean is in fact the Vram (Video Ram), for example the max of your vid. card is 768mb. And you can't go higher than that.
Psy
I found a little glitch/bug/hack to get past the limit in-game, but you really don't want to do it unless you want the textures to disappear and fuck up...

But anyway... Start the game, set your graphics to high and the other one to very high, and set the draw distance to 0. Hopefully your game will let you do that. Then in game change your graphics settings to low, and increase the draw distance to 100. It'll tell you that the graphics will be changed once the game has been restarted, but the draw distance will increase instantly (and the textures will remain on high until you reload the game), meaning you can run it maxed out.

Like I said though, it'll pretty much brutally murder your graphics card and the game will glitch.
idire
QUOTE(Psy @ Dec 4 2008, 05:10 PM) [snapback]1473887[/snapback]
I found a little glitch/bug/hack to get past the limit in-game, but you really don't want to do it unless you want the textures to disappear and fuck up...

But anyway... Start the game, set your graphics to high and the other one to very high, and set the draw distance to 0. Hopefully your game will let you do that. Then in game change your graphics settings to low, and increase the draw distance to 100. It'll tell you that the graphics will be changed once the game has been restarted, but the draw distance will increase instantly (and the textures will remain on high until you reload the game), meaning you can run it maxed out.

Like I said though, it'll pretty much brutally murder your graphics card and the game will glitch.

Ah of course so that's video memory I though it was ram

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.