Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nokia N97
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
Dr. Evil
Twenty-four hours after teasing us with news of a major product announcement, Nokia officially took the wraps off its mystery smartphone on Tuesday at the Nokia World 2008 conference in Barcelona, Spain. And despite some close guesses, no one got it quite right, so without further ado, let us introduce you to the Nokia N97.

I'm hoping that the U.S. will finally get a high-end phone such as this. I'm not going to hold my breath though. A N-series phone with touch screen AND a slide out keyboard (FINALLY!)? Even if it doesn't get to the US shores I will still try to get one that is unlocked.

EDIT: Instead of the crappy website I used before I went to a reputable review website. Link is working now.

Full Story
DonkeyTits
Page load error=phone fails.
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(DonkeyTits @ Dec 3 2008, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1473835[/snapback]

fixed

thumbup.gif
Marneyo Juano
eh, i'm not a big fan of phones with qwerty keboards, no matter how good they are. I'd still stick to the N95 over this one. Internet and music stores aren't a big issue, because the last N-series phones have a really good USB connection, and there are many wap sites that allow you free music downloads. With all that said, I'd say the N97 is strictly for those internet maniacs who want to stay online and check their facebook/myspace etc at all times.
asthenia
QUOTE(DonkeyTits @ Dec 4 2008, 03:33 AM) [snapback]1473835[/snapback]

Again.

-edit- Might just be my connection. Slow as a motherfucker tonight.
Dr. Evil
Might be your connection....worked for me confused1.gif
asthenia
QUOTE(Dr. Evil @ Dec 6 2008, 02:51 AM) [snapback]1474063[/snapback]
Might be your connection....worked for me confused1.gif

yah it's working fine now. I'm not liking the keypad on that. I prefer the G1. and I'm a total Nokiafag.
Sheep
Link is working fine for now.

Ive been looking at this phone, looks good, im bored of my N95 now im looking for something new, only thing on that site it says it has 32GB of RAM installed, they're obviously confusing it with the flash memory it has built in.
asthenia
QUOTE( Sheep @ Dec 8 2008, 10:37 PM) [snapback]1474423[/snapback]
Link is working fine for now.

Ive been looking at this phone, looks good, im bored of my N95 now im looking for something new, only thing on that site it says it has 32GB of RAM installed, they're obviously confusing it with the flash memory it has built in.

Send me your N95. For free. Mine's broken. sad.gif
Sheep
Whats wrong with it? Mines the 8GB, my mates got the original and a few of his keys have just randomly stopped working for no reason.

And nah, still got another good few month contract on it >:(
asthenia
Fuckin' picked it up one day (to dial 999 funnily enough), and the screen had just gone. Got it fixed and it happened again, but the contacts inside have gone too now. I'm using a K850i atm which is nice but well y'know, it's just not Nokia. I've seen original N95's around for 170 in some shops, but I'm reluctant to get an original again. I'd rather get the 8GB or just get another Nokia phone altogether.
Sheep
Ive never had any problems *touch wood* with my 8GB, just the odd freeze, but thats not really a problem, doesnt cut off during calls or anything important.

Anyway, this new nokia looks pretty good, going to have a hefty price tag though sad.gif
asthenia
I'm thanking the phone God's that I don't like it that much. QWERTY is sickeningly attractive to me, but I don't want it. I never really had any FW problems with my N95 cause I flashed it before I'd even put my SIM in it. Fuck T-Mobile firmware, fuck it in it's ass. I'd really like to play with the G1 and this, just to see if it's any nicer in hand. Our local TMobile store has a fake G1, on the stand where they keep live phones. It's fucking retarded.
Sheep
Yeah, flashed mine from the 02 to the nokia firmware soon as i got mine, dont see why the operators need to restrict stuff in their firmware :s
Dr. Evil
Damn...I can't wait for this phone to come out. I was gonna get the Sony Ericsson Xperia. I think I'm gonna wait for this one. The memory is 32g. You can expand it with another 16g with a memory card. It was the same way with N96, that was 16g and expandable to 24.
asthenia
QUOTE( Sheep @ Dec 10 2008, 11:22 AM) [snapback]1474577[/snapback]
Yeah, flashed mine from the 02 to the nokia firmware soon as i got mine, dont see why the operators need to restrict stuff in their firmware :s

Power trippin', innit. wink.gif There's certain things you can do on Nokia FW that you can't on Operator FW.

QUOTE(Dr. Evil @ Dec 11 2008, 12:09 AM) [snapback]1474638[/snapback]
Damn...I can't wait for this phone to come out. I was gonna get the Sony Ericsson Xperia. I think I'm gonna wait for this one. The memory is 32g. You can expand it with another 16g with a memory card. It was the same way with N96, that was 16g and expandable to 24.

I've seen a few N95 8GB's kicking around for under 200 recently... Thank the lord for the N96 and N97, making my life so much easier/cheaper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.