Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Control Issues?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
Arkane
Hey,

I've got GTA4 for the PC, I don't use a controller (I use keyboard + mouse).
I've managed to map the keys and mouse how I'd like it but the problem I'm having is with the Bowling and Pool mini-games (maybe others too).

When the instructions tell me to move the MOUSE back, then forward... I do so but nothing happens. When I try it with the pool mini-game, it looks like the mouse action is stuttering badly and when I push the mouse forward, it hits the ball very very lightly no matter how much force I use.

This wasn't an issue on GTA:SA.

Has anyone else found this issue? I'm using a USB Optical Mouse - nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks.

A78
Dedeleko
well only thing i can think of is a mouseflip.. which occurs to me alot on SA when i was playing pool, i rammed the mouse with alot of force forwards but that causes a mouseflip which makes the stick hit the ball very lightly..
Arkane
QUOTE(Dedeleko @ Dec 3 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]1473776[/snapback]
well only thing i can think of is a mouseflip.. which occurs to me alot on SA when i was playing pool, i rammed the mouse with alot of force forwards but that causes a mouseflip which makes the stick hit the ball very lightly..

I know what you mean with that, I don't think this is it but I will try being far more gentle with the mouse movements, it's possible that perhaps full support for mouse (instead of controller sticks) isn't really working?

A78
Arkane
QUOTE(Arkane @ Dec 3 2008, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1473788[/snapback]
QUOTE(Dedeleko @ Dec 3 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]1473776[/snapback]

I know what you mean with that, I don't think this is it but I will try being far more gentle with the mouse movements, it's possible that perhaps full support for mouse (instead of controller sticks) isn't really working?

A78

Turns out it's not that. It's an actual bug. Hurrah.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I've put a support call into Rockstar about it - if I learn anything useful I will post it back here incase anyone else has similar issues.

A78
HELMET
The only way I could get it to work was by using a controller for it. That works. If you have a controller but can't get it to work, look at my topic on how to get it to.
yakuza1_45
yeah me too...i'm got some problem with the mouse problem when i play bowling and pool.my mouse is logitech brand.i think its a bug...can anyone solve this problm???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.