Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should i get this game
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA IV > GTA 4 PC Discussion
hunty
Hey guys i liked playin GTA sa and i was wonderin if i should get this versiona dn is it aney good online
Psy
If you have it on 360, don't get it on PC.
CygnusX
QUOTE(Psy @ Dec 3 2008, 06:00 PM) [snapback]1473724[/snapback]
If you have it on 360, don't get it on PC, yet.
Fixed!
Enormus
For pc ???
Oh hell no !!!!!!!!!!
It's a virus at best !!!
Are we all not sick and tired of game companies
releasing unfinished crap ??
I know i am ffs !!!!!
Good luck to anyone who can get this running .
I for one have better things to do then sort through
forums and websites looking for solutions
to problems running a Brand New game .

E
HELMET
QUOTE(Psy @ Dec 3 2008, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1473724[/snapback]

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Or for the PS3. Whichever one.
Thrifty94
QUOTE(HELMET @ Dec 20 2008, 06:50 AM) [snapback]1475867[/snapback]
QUOTE(Psy @ Dec 3 2008, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1473724[/snapback]

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Or for the PS3. Whichever one.

I think the PC version will be patched and fixed at a much too late date of february, jesus, lets have some praise for Saints row 2, who reconsidered their release for pc after beta testing. At least they will have something more substantil when it comes out.
HELMET
I got it to run perfect, but it was not easy.

I was up for 2 nights in a row tweaking, updating software, checking hardware components, reinstalling drivers, you name it I've probably done it all within 20+ hours.

I was so hell bent on getting this game to work, because believe me when I say that no one and I mean no one wanted this game for PC as bad as I did and play it with the best graphics settings with no recommended or above specs unchecked. I practically bought a whole new rig right before Christmas (even though I couldn't afford it) just to play this one game.

That still doesn't change the fact that the game is full of unfinished coding that sadly we will just have to learn to live with unless the magic patch genie comes along with the ultimate fix.

The truth is that it's a port and a Games for Windows game if that so what should we expect? Microsoft sucks ass at pc game distribution and shame on Rockstar for signing the deal.

I hope they learned a valuable lesson from this but considering the fact that the GTA IV console sales for XBOX 360 far outweighed the pc version tenfold (thinking microsoft deal) I don't think they care at this point.

But I mean what I say when I say if and just IF GTA V just so happens to be another "Games for Windows" game, and I don't care if it's PC exclusive or not (we all know that will never happen), Rockstar Games will not get my money.

And by the way, Saint's Row sucks.
ViceMan
I bought it for the PC, installed it which took over an hour (although that could be because of GLC constantly distracting me on MSN) then had to go through some bullshit about registering for R*s Social Club and M$-Live. After all that I went to try it and just got a blank screen, so i'm just going to uninstall Social Club, M$ Live and the game as if nothing hapened, even I don't think it's worth it... I only bought it for the modding and i'm not even sure you can.
HELMET
If someone could figure out what it is that causes the game exe. to not start from files being changed it will be possible. It's almost like there's a checksum dll somewhere. I remember unckecking some files that where "read only" was a common fix for checksum in a lot of older games, but this is more advanced obviously.

So mods will be possible when someone works out a crack or just a common workaround for the security check.

That's a huge reason right there to get the PC version and that's why I wanted it instead of the console versions. That, and plus the fact that the best GTA game experiences I have ever had have been on the PC.

ViceMan
QUOTE(HELMET @ Dec 24 2008, 02:24 PM) [snapback]1476380[/snapback]
That, and plus the fact that the best GTA game experiences I have ever had have been on the PC.

That was true for me before I installed GTA IV. I wish my SA disc wasn't cracked, i'd happily go back to that, you could actually just install it and play it with no arsing around registering, downloading drivers, tweaking settings etc. plus it was easily moddable since most of the game code was written in DAT files, oh the good ol' days.
HELMET
Yeah. The old ones will ALWAYS be the best! No matter what!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.