Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First PC Version Review
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
FuddMan
Quick off the mark once again, Eurogamer has posted the first full review of the PC version of GTA IV. It mostly ignores what we've already seen of GTA IV from the console versions and instead focuses on what you can expect from the new features, such as the replay editor, 32-player multiplayer and much more.

A short summary for you tl;dr's:

"...a genuinely ground-breaking blockbuster in videogame history. There were moments playing GTA IV that I thought back to my initial experiences with games, and realised exactly how far we've come. There's never been anything quite like GTA IV in the world. That there makes me genuinely happy to be a gamer."

Read the full two-page article here.
PCGamer
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Dec 1 2008, 12:49 PM) [snapback]1473430[/snapback]
Quick off the mark once again, Eurogamer has posted the first full review of the PC version of GTA IV. It mostly ignores what we've already seen of GTA IV from the console versions and instead focuses on what you can expect from the new features, such as the replay editor, 32-player multiplayer and much more.

A short summary for you tl;dr's:

"...a genuinely ground-breaking blockbuster in videogame history. There were moments playing GTA IV that I thought back to my initial experiences with games, and realised exactly how far we've come. There's never been anything quite like GTA IV in the world. That there makes me genuinely happy to be a gamer."

Read the full two-page article here.

good review!!
TheAnalogKid2112
Great read. Shame my computer couldn't handle it sad.gif
CygnusX
Good read. The reviewer has a very good point with this:
One of the general criticisms of GTA IV is that it's abandoned the dumb-but-fun ground to the dizzily stooopid Saint's Row while chasing other priorities. If you consider that true, 32-player chaos totally puts that idiocy back in. Any time I played, I honestly didn't care whether I won or lost. By playing, I'd totally won.
This is very underappreciated and misunderstood among most people. It is one of GTA4's best selling points, if not the best.
PCGamer
QUOTE(CygnusX @ Dec 1 2008, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1473474[/snapback]
Good read. The reviewer has a very good point with this:
One of the general criticisms of GTA IV is that it's abandoned the dumb-but-fun ground to the dizzily stooopid Saint's Row while chasing other priorities. If you consider that true, 32-player chaos totally puts that idiocy back in. Any time I played, I honestly didn't care whether I won or lost. By playing, I'd totally won.
This is very underappreciated and misunderstood among most people. It is one of GTA4's best selling points, if not the best.

agree with u
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.