Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prince of Persia
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Dr. Evil
Completely re-done. Looks like it will be pretty awesome...and it comes out this Tuesday!

Click
TwoFacedTanner
Its one of those i'm gonna wait on I think.
Don't get me wrong, looks bad ass.

But...I don't know, something tells me it won't be as cool as its acting.
Dr. Evil
I think it will be awesome. I remember playing the original back in the early 90s, back when you still had to load games and other stuff through MS DOS laugh.gif

I love the combat system for this one. You can also supposedly never die in this one. Like say when you fall...Elika pulls you up. So you can jump right over a cliff and she will still save you.
DiO
Looks awesome and getting great reviews. I might have to get it.
Indy
I was thinking of buying this for my cousin, I wonder if he'll like it.
Kamahl
the game looks good, but i dont know if ill buy it... i have already bought 4 games since october and i still want guitar hero world tour and resistance 2
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Nov 30 2008, 03:54 PM) [snapback]1473373[/snapback]
the game looks good, but i dont know if ill buy it... i have already bought 4 games since october and i still want guitar hero world tour and resistance 2

Aye, decisions, decisions. In the last month I've gotten Gears 2, NFS Undercover, Midnight Club LA and Dead Space. Now I will be getting this one. No wonder why I never have any money.
asthenia
"New one for the 360"

and the PS3... and PC...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Dec 1 2008, 05:48 AM) [snapback]1473438[/snapback]
"New one for the 360"

and the PS3... and PC...

Yeah I was about to say..

Anyway this looks pretty alright. I've played a PoP game once. This doesn't seem very different except for the free-roaming ability. Idk, maybe a rental.
Dr. Evil
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Dec 1 2008, 07:25 AM) [snapback]1473451[/snapback]
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Dec 1 2008, 05:48 AM) [snapback]1473438[/snapback]
"New one for the 360"

and the PS3... and PC...

Yeah I was about to say..

Anyway this looks pretty alright. I've played a PoP game once. This doesn't seem very different except for the free-roaming ability. Idk, maybe a rental.

I sincerely would like to beg everyones pardon. I have a 360...I said new for the 360. Have you seen the original from the late 80s early 90s? Check it out from youtube.
DiO
QUOTE(Asthenia @ Dec 1 2008, 08:48 AM) [snapback]1473438[/snapback]
"New one for the 360"

and the PS3... and PC...

I was going to post this too but using more profane language.
PabloHoneyOle
I don't like anything with Persians.

Probably rent it down the road or not bother with it altogether.
aussie_b8ler
I finished about 40% of this game earlier this month at the eGames expo down in Melbourne. Let me say first of all that this game is insane. The graphics are fantastic, the action is intense and the acrobatics are out of this world (literally).

There are so many moves to unlock. Such as flying (with the aid of eleka) and wall running where the whole world rotates 90 degrees and you are actually running upright on the wall. Both of which you need to avoid obstacles in order to reach the final destination.

The combat feels a bit repetative after a while, because once you find a combo that deals a bunch of damage you wont bother trying to discover all the moves. However this is rectified in some of the battles where certain actions are disabled, such as with the ice giant. You cant jump over him so pressing the jump button results in you rolling between his legs.

They say it is a sandbox game, but that is not entirely true. There are a certain number of areas that need to be cleansed, and sure you can do them in whatever order you choose. But it feels as though it is still linear as you cant choose how to do it. There is a set path, with a few detours here and there, but as a whole it is fairly straight forward.

All in all, it is one of the better games this year. If you liked the action of Assassin's Creed but hated the long and unskipable cutscenes, than this is the game for you.
Kamahl
QUOTE(aussie_b8ler @ Dec 1 2008, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1473530[/snapback]
All in all, it is one of the better games this year. If you liked the action of Assassin's Creed but hated the long and unskipable cutscenes, than this is the game for you.

Please tell me it isnt as repetitive cause i hated Assassins Creed, the game itself wasnt bad but the fun only lasted like 3 hours...
ENVi3
from what I've heard it's a pretty easy game, with a good story and a great visual art style.
which basically translates to a good rental (unless you like collecting and replaying a bunch)
Dr. Evil
Achievement at the end of the game...

[spoiler]TO BE CONTINUED!!![/spoiler]

WTF?!
ENVi3
I bought this game the other day as a Christmas present for my brother.
it was on sale for $40 ... and I'm expecting to play it too, so more win tongue.gif
Handsome B Wonderful
I don't mind it, but i think i prefer Sands Of Time, which is still one of my favourite games.
asthenia
QUOTE(Handsome B. Wonderful @ Dec 24 2008, 10:07 AM) [snapback]1476321[/snapback]
I don't mind it, but i think i prefer Sands Of Time, which is still one of my favourite games.

Sands of Time... I can't think of all the things that game did for me as a gamer. It might very well have saved me from putting down the controller forever.
42yearoldinvestmentbanka
Just beat it, it is a sweet game [spoiler]there will be a sequel to this that is all I'm going to say.[/spoiler]
DuPz0r
I picked this game up the other day for 20, it's not bad really, but just too easy tbh.
Kamahl
the "be saved less than 100 times" seemed easier before i bought the game... i havent beaten the game yet... been busy with other stuff, its not that the game is bad but i prefered to beat resistance 2 first.
DuPz0r
Yeah same here, i'm trying to get all the intels in co-op mode. I only need 8 more!

I haven't gotten into this game much either yet tbh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.