Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mumbai rampage - Westerners targeted
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
§ynch
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/11/2...acks/index.html

Gunmen rampaged through a series of targets in the Indian city of Mumbai killing indiscriminately and taking hostages at two luxury hotels. Mumbai police spokesman Satish Katsa said gunmen have taken over the Taj Mahal Hotel and Hotel Oberoi, and were holding hostages on multiple floors. Flames and smoke poured from the Taj early Thursday, and at the Oberoi the military reportedly entered the building and a large explosion was heard shortly afterwards.......

One witness told local reporters gunmen had tried to find people with U.S. or British passports and took about 15 of them hostage......
  • Five-star Taj Mahal Hotel on fire; Military reportedly enters second hotel
  • Police confirm hostages at both hotels
  • Gunmen strike at series of targets popular with tourists and business people
  • Seventy-eight reported killed, head of state's anti-terror police dies in aftermath

TheAnalogKid2112
Just saw that on Embarq news. That's fucked up.
§ynch
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Nov 26 2008, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1472947[/snapback]

No shit. Death toll has doubled since I saw it on CNN.

There is strangely a Wiki about it already:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deccan_Mujahideen

The group's involvement has not been confirmed, and could be a hoax or assumed name for another group

Sure, anyone can edit a Wiki article...but the attack *just* happened.
Coincidence, or.....I dunno, just think it's weird.
Indy
Muslim terrorism no doubt. Fuckin ridiculous. They're attack India because of some sort of vendetta against Hindus.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(§ynch @ Nov 26 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1472959[/snapback]
QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Nov 26 2008, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1472947[/snapback]

No shit. Death toll has doubled since I saw it on CNN.

There is strangely a Wiki about it already:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deccan_Mujahideen

The group's involvement has not been confirmed, and could be a hoax or assumed name for another group
Sure, anyone can edit a Wiki article...but the attack *just* happened.
Coincidence, or.....I dunno, just think it's weird.

Coincidence, maybe.
We should do some hardcore sleuthing to uncover the truth!

Heartless
So, today, give thanks you are here. Instead of in Bombay.
Hardcore Ottoman
Mumbai*

Thanks given. Not enough, I'm afraid.
Heartless
QUOTE(Üsername @ Nov 27 2008, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1473014[/snapback]
Mumbai*

I don't recognize terrorist states, or any that harbor terrorist activities, or engage in such actions that would propagate such terrorist activities. So, Bombay it remains. (Burma too.)
Indy
QUOTE(Heartless @ Nov 27 2008, 08:26 PM) [snapback]1473027[/snapback]
Mumbai*

I don't recognize terrorist states, or any that harbor terrorist activities, or engage in such actions that would propagate such terrorist activities. So, Bombay it remains. (Burma too.)

Well since it is none of that

Mumbai*
Heartless
QUOTE(Ind¥ @ Nov 27 2008, 03:54 PM) [snapback]1473028[/snapback]
Mumbai*

Well since it is none of that

Mumbai*

We shall see.
DiO
Iraq*
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Mumbai*

Mumbai is a city in India. It got its independence bloodlessly Cf. the US. I fail to see your point.
Don Leone
They specifically targetted British and American citizens.
Heartless
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Nov 27 2008, 07:20 PM) [snapback]1473058[/snapback]
Mumbai*

Mumbai is a city in India. It got its independence bloodlessly Cf. the US. I fail to see your point.

Rich. You're Portogeese right?
I'm Scottish. This has nothing to do with anything.

Don Leone: Does this have anything to do with India being a "terrorist state"?
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Nov 27 2008, 07:20 PM) [snapback]1473058[/snapback]
Mumbai*

I agree. If by your definition of what constitutes a terrorist state would hold true, you wouldn't recognize the USA. The USA is engaged in increasing technological advances. By doing this, the USA has propagated people like Ted Kaczynski. The Oklahoma bomber. Etcetera.

Reductio ad absurdum.
Not sure of your tone punxtr, the sentence structure makes it sound sort of insincere...but not sure who the insincerity is for...

India is a moderate pro-US, pro-coalition, pro-War on Terror, vaguely anti-Muslim state which has had a number of wars with Pakistan. It earned its independence legitimately and as such the right to revert the names of its cities to their pre-colonial states. It has never funded an insurgency campaign in this century, and sentiments in the country are anti-terrorist. To characterise the nation with respect to these people is tantamount to calling Britain a nation of serial-killing general practitioners because of Harold Shipman.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Amarillo Suave @ Nov 28 2008, 01:58 AM) [snapback]1473095[/snapback]
Not sure of your tone punxtr, the sentence structure makes it sound sort of insincere...but not sure who the insincerity is for...

It makes it sound sarcastic. I argued reductio ad absurdum because his point made no sense nor gave him any reason to misname Mumbai. The man simply posted the wrong name and then tried to cover his own ass. Plain and simple. I'm very sincere.
NCP
Mumbai was once called Bombai, notice BOMBay... I think the officials there are messing up, everything taking to long. India has a massive army, just send shitloads of soldiers overthere and crush those terrorists! India wants to be reconned as a world power, but that's hardly believable when you see them "handling" this problem.
Indy
Yeah it was pretty lame, compared to the SAS in London 1980, the Black Commandos were pretty slow.
The number of soldiers available doesn't have much to do with how good they are at managing hostage situations.
NCP
No, but even the best terrorist can't handle millions of soldiers searching every building
Perhaps making a mountain out of a molehill, here.
NCP
Now India is pointing the finger at Pakistan, maybe this'll end up in a war. It wouldn't be the first time anyway.
QUOTE(NCP @ Dec 3 2008, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1473713[/snapback]
Now India is pointing the finger at Pakistan, maybe this'll end up in a war. It wouldn't be the first time anyway.
They both sort of have nukes now though.
TheAnalogKid2112
God damn, everybody hates Americans. Any room in Europe for a guy like me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.