Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are your Black Friday plans?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
JustGetAnApp

In this
economic climate, things may get even crazier than normal, so be prepared!

I stole this wonderful List for the best Black friday sales from my friend. I love the pink Sony laptop and the sale price...

u can check it, u will be suprised by the sale price.

Hehe.

Now show us..What are your Black Friday plans?
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Honestly I have no idea what Black Friday is, and won't be able to go to any sales because I have 90p in the bank and no overdraft on my current account :D
DuPz0r
Seriously this isn't any different from any other day in our current economic crisis, so i'm just gonna act the same as it is any other day...
PabloHoneyOle
Christ.

I don't even want to talk about money right now.
I'm in the same boat as Amarillo, $20 in my account, no overdraft protection.
I don't want to even think about buying Christmas presents this year.

Maybe I'll convert to Judaism just for the holidays. But I'm not wearing a frisbee on my head.

On Black Friday I'll be watching college football, smoking blunts and studying the Torah.
Ex-PS Fanboy
never heard of black friday, but if it's like any other friday, i'll probably be high.
PabloHoneyOle
A little F.Y.I.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)
Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving in the United States, where it is the beginning of the traditional Christmas shopping season. Since Thanksgiving falls on the fourth Thursday in November in the United States, Black Friday may be as early as the 23rd and as late as the 29th of November.

Black Friday is not an official holiday, but many employees take the day off, which increases the number of potential shoppers. Retailers often decorate for the Christmas season weeks beforehand. Many retailers open very early (typically 5 am or even earlier) and offer doorbuster deals and loss leaders to draw people to their stores. Although Black Friday, as the first shopping day after Thanksgiving, has served as the unofficial beginning of the Christmas season at least since the start of the modern Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1924, the term "Black Friday" has been traced back only to the 1960s.

TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Nov 24 2008, 10:59 AM) [snapback]1472585[/snapback]
A little F.Y.I.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)

Black Friday is not an official holiday, but many employees take the day off, which increases the number of potential shoppers. Retailers often decorate for the Christmas season weeks beforehand. Many retailers open very early (typically 5 am or even earlier) and offer doorbuster deals and loss leaders to draw people to their stores. Although Black Friday, as the first shopping day after Thanksgiving, has served as the unofficial beginning of the Christmas season at least since the start of the modern Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1924, the term "Black Friday" has been traced back only to the 1960s.

BULLSHIT. I have to work 10 o'clock(am) till 11 o'clock(pm) that day.
Sure industrial workers and other get to take the day off. They can go fuck themselves.
If they come into my electronics department, they better know what they're looking for. I don't have time to explain how a fucking DVD player works, when I have 80 other customers and only one other person to help me...
Update: I changed all my copper coins into real money.

I have £13.78 and a screw.

And not the good kind of screw.
1UP
I'll be working, no money what so ever, I barely make rent lately.
Hardcore Ottoman
Spending. I've saved my money well.
TreeFitty
Sit at home or do whatever. Listen to the police radio for fights between shoppers. Aside from the horrible traffic on the highway, pretty much a normal day for me.

And another definition of Black Friday I've heard: The day when businesses go from being in the Red (losing money) to Black (gaining profit).

I just think of it as a shopping hell-day.
bOnEs
working...

that black friday thing is left for the mothers to deal with... it's fucking chaos for a single guy like myself to lineup at store at 6am in the morning, and fight mothers for the last copy of guitar hero... i suppose if i had kids or something, i'd care a little more about black friday but come on, they offer those same deals two weeks later...

it's just a completely made-up holiday to get the consumer to buy buy buy!! same for christmas...
Bain
Damn looks like nobody will be at the store I can buy all the shit I want.
psychÝ
Why would everybody rush to the store when most stuff is cheaper online anyway, any kind of big present stuff anyway.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Nov 27 2008, 10:17 AM) [snapback]1472990[/snapback]
Why would everybody rush to the store when most stuff is cheaper online anyway, any kind of big present stuff anyway.

I dunno man, not everyone wants to buy stuff online I don't suppose.
But, yeah, they'll be rushing to K-Mart to get the deals advertised in our paper and are going to be very disappointed.
Ex-PS Fanboy
i was gettin my hair cut the other day, and i overheard a conversation saying apparently us canadians are going to have a red friday. (Canadian black friday)
Pieface
Ive got all my Presents now with £55 left in my bank =o
ENVi3
i was too late for the stuff i wanted. well, i only got some.
but there were people that were there since midnight, and i woke up at 4AM .... kinda a big difference
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Nov 28 2008, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1473115[/snapback]
i was gettin my hair cut the other day, and i overheard a conversation saying apparently us canadians are going to have a red friday. (Canadian black friday)
In Soviet Canada, shops open you early.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I was watchin the daily show the other day, and apparently the death toll has reached 3 people huh.gif
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE(PS FANBOY @ Dec 2 2008, 10:32 AM) [snapback]1473588[/snapback]
I was watchin the daily show the other day, and apparently the death toll has reached 3 people huh.gif

Yeah I know at least one WalMart employee got trampled.
Pyro informed me of that.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I saw that topic, Not sure what happened to the others...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.