Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3 HDD upgrade
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Geek Central
DuPz0r
So the time has come where my PS3 has out of space on its lame 60GB HDD. And i'm looking for new one.

This new hard drive has to be in the region of 250GB to 500GB and it has to be a 2.5" Internal SATA.

I've found this 320GB one on play.com for £50, which seems pretty reasonable. http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3516598/West...le/Product.html
I just wanted to know if anyone knows a place i can get one cheaper, or a larger one for a reasonably cheap price.
psychÝ
Dabs.com

Ebuyer.com

Might have to add some extra search criteria, such as price or just look through the list.

That is where I have got both my HDDs from
gamerguy45
only problem here is i have heard the PS3 has got a HDD sixe limiter coded in so that you cant put one big enough to store large amounts of games i think it might be 250GB.
Kamahl
im looking for a new HDD as well, i got a question though, how do i do to transfer all the files from one HDD to another?
psychÝ
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Dec 17 2008, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1475498[/snapback]
im looking for a new HDD as well, i got a question though, how do i do to transfer all the files from one HDD to another?

Use a computer.
Kamahl
QUOTE(psychÝ @ Dec 17 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]1475516[/snapback]
QUOTE(Kamahl @ Dec 17 2008, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1475498[/snapback]

Use a computer.

they arent the same as my PC HDD
Qdeathstar
you probably have to connect to the ps3 hardrive through your network..
ENVi3
i don't have experience, but i think you have to use an external drive, which can get sorta expensive for just a transfer.
Sharpie Fetish
It was a long time ago when i did this for a friend but im almost certain when you stick the new HD in and turn it on it asks you if you want to transfer what was on the old HD to the new one i had a guide up showing that screen i think (no doubt im talking senseless shit this was back in '06)

OR

You could connect the two upto your PC and copy all the files off your old HD to your new one
TheAnalogKid2112
Sorry for the enormous bump, but I thought this link would be useful for you guys AND many others to come.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...ding&page=1
I'm currently shopping for one. I have under 3000 MB left sad.gif
DiO
I wanted to do this but I can even get my fucking HDD out of my system and now my screw is stripped to all hell.
TheAnalogKid2112
Ha ha. I need to get one. No monay though. I'm having to delete shit I don't want to delete in order to download more.
GLC
I had about 5000 MB left.

Deleted a few useless demos as well as Playstation Home and now I have 17 GB.

See how long that lasts... >_>
ENVi3
QUOTE(GLC @ Feb 19 2009, 05:07 AM) [snapback]1485169[/snapback]

don't forget to delete some game data, for games you don't really play anymore. those could eat up a few GBs
GLC
QUOTE(X_ENVi3-_- @ Mar 2 2009, 02:37 AM) [snapback]1488001[/snapback]
QUOTE(GLC @ Feb 19 2009, 05:07 AM) [snapback]1485169[/snapback]

don't forget to delete some game data, for games you don't really play anymore. those could eat up a few GBs

Yep, I did that as well. Just forgot to list it... =/
bOnEs
even the games you downloaded, you can delete them if you don't play em much anymore... because, the store will remember your purchase and allow you to re-download the game (up to 3 times i think) if you feel like playing it again at a later date...

this is the problem i have with my weak ass 40GB PS3... i am at about 8GB available currently... that's pry enough for a few more games or so but, i'll soon have to start thinking about deleting old files and junk i don't even use anymore, which there's a few of those...
asthenia
I'm at 1,048,576KB. (thankyou MGS), y'all can tell how much that is. 1GB if not.

I had 4.6 more GB the other day, til I bought this... I think I need a new HDD.
DuPz0r
I still haven't got around to upgrading my HDD. I've been deleting shit to make space for months now. I just need the money...
Marney1
My PS3 is 250GB which I will never use up because I only really use it to play games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.