Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA IV Tops Gaming Charts In Japan
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Mattay
Within one week of GTA IV's debut in Japan, consumers have purchased over 133,000 copies of the game for the PlayStation 3 alone. With GTA IV for PS3 settling into #1 on the software chart. The XBox 360 version also sold an impressive 34,000, and nestled into spot #7.

Another greatly anticipated game that was recently released, LittleBigPlanet, sold 52,000 PlayStation 3 units. LittleBigPlanet fell just a little below GTA, but the hype from April was still running strong and finally boiled over on October 31st when GTA IV was released. This was seen when the Japanese gaming bible Famitsu awarded GTA IV a 39/40, and LittleBigPlanet a 38.

Source: ComputerAndVideoGames.com
Psy
I wonder if the PC version will have the same impact over here when it comes out. I can't quite see it because of all the other games coming out around now though.
Hardcore Ottoman
I can't wait for some PC user videos to pop up!
Samurai_tbag
"LittleBigPlanet, sold 80,000 PlayStation 3 units and 52,000 for the XBox 360"

I'm sure I heard it was a PS3 exclusive?
DuPz0r
Erm yeah that must be a mistake, it isn't on xbox 360...
Mattay
QUOTE(Psy @ Nov 6 2008, 06:13 PM) [snapback]1470955[/snapback]
I wonder if the PC version will have the same impact over here when it comes out. I can't quite see it because of all the other games coming out around now though.

True, and the fact that it's already been released for consoles makes it less likely for it to be as big as it was in Japan. No doubt it will be a good turnout in sales though.

QUOTE(Samurai_tbag @ Nov 7 2008, 08:34 AM) [snapback]1470988[/snapback]
"LittleBigPlanet, sold 80,000 PlayStation 3 units and 52,000 for the XBox 360"

I'm sure I heard it was a PS3 exclusive?

Awe sheeit. I just noticed that. It's fixed now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.