Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congratulations Black People!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Qdeathstar
I'm ok with the whole Obamarama fare, and i thought his acceptance speech was very good... but...

Come on. As soon as 11pm eastern ticked the dial all the news hosts were all set to talk to a few of there token pundits to talk about what the election meant for them... about how they deserved it... about how this whole election is more special to black people than anyone else... about how this will "change" things for black poeple... about how this won't be a "joe the plummer" society anymore, and will instead be a "Horhay the illegal immigrant collecting welfare" type of nation... about how by 2040 the people who founded the nation will be overtaken by immigrants... about how "historic" the night is...

Jesus. Shut the fuck up. Black people who choose to make it CAN. They aren't retarded and they don't need some kinda special 'help tha nigga" welfare program. Having a black president won't solve their problems. If a teenagers baby's daddy doesn't hang around to be part of the family, then your going to have a problem there... if the pimps and hoes can't get it together and use some safe sex, there are going to be problems there. Pretending that your typical run-of-the-mill politician is going to be able to solve anything is just rediculous. People change things, not politicians.

Obama may be better than other choices, but he isn't the messiah. And everyone shouldn't revere him so much. In the end we've build him up to a "kenedy"status. There is no way he is going to be able to meet the nations expectations of him, and ultimately he has very little to do with what actually happens in congress. That will be up to congress, maybe he'll sign a bill or two.

It makes me sick about how people are so proud of themselves over Obama's election. You didn't do anything. You were bought. Every campain speech, debate, and commercial was one big marketing ploy to own you. You bought it and voted... whoopty doo. It's not a chore anyway, its a privelege. Don't be so proud of yourself for deciding that after 10 years of being apathetic to the concerns of the nation you finally decided to get off your ass and "vote for change".

You had a shot four years ago and completely blew it. The difference between four years ago and today is that Obama was a better sales man, you had nothing to do with it. The pride that people have for this election is completely rediculous.

The news channels had better start talking about what this means for the majority of americans, that is, white Americans. Not because we are more important, but because there are a lot of white americans who just don't believe in Obama's dreams and can't stand the taste of the self-important arrogant pride of those people who were bought by the Obama campaign. I don't think it's wise news outlets (CNN) to say that people like Joe The plummer don't matter anymore, that the working white class doesn't matter anymore. I'm sure all these well educated liberal tv personalities may think they are being proper, but this kind of talk will only breed hate.

Now lets get on that Obamarama bus! Guess who will wind up sitting in the back!

Be proud america! Be proud of what you have done and what we have accomplished! God bless us and god bless the new America...

ffs.
Heartless
I've always felt a little discriminated against, living in this country as a white person, and I've always been consciously aware of the idiocy of this system. That, somehow, as a white person, or rather a person in general, I should ever feel inferior to another person, especially over something as the color of the skin, seems shocking, and wild, and strangely alien. Especially, indeed, that this is my land, no matter the actions I, as a descendent of the white race, took to claim it, convert it, and colonize it. What matters is that, I live here now and I am the majority and I deserve to own what is my birthright and assume the mastery of all that I survey. It is insane that I live as a second class personage in this era, where we have spent centuries overcoming bigotry and intolerance, only to be delivered into a wholly minority centric society aimed at defrauding the main populace of this nation.

Only in the White West do we find a climate of submission that encourages minorities to grow and prosper at the expense of everyone in range; to use them up and burn out resources others have labored for so long to gather. It is no small correlation that whites are the richest, and the most educated and often heads of large companies - and the blacks are the poorest and most under educated, with the highest numbers of welfare users and wasted tax dollars in the education system. You can plainly witness these truths on the Student Aide forms, in the section where it asks your race and gender, to better estimate how much money you are worth. Because those horrible Whites are holding Blackie back, and that his shadowy right hand hovers over the project walls and denies them advancement. If we don't let them in, they will be bussed in by truck, by train, and if needed, tank.

Stereotypes it seems, are never ending, as this country seems to thrive on the idea that Whites are the magnificent leaders of the world, and bastions of fiscal propriety. Instead, the media never highlights the underlying layer of poverty and disability in White America, for those who live day to day, dying a little more. If I only I were black, one could justly assume, the government would support me and pay for my housing and food. But I am White, and I work too hard, so Section 8 is beyond me, and I make too much for Food Stamps. Besides, the Government has allowed the Blacks to convert the projects and governmental housing into training camps for gangs and drug running cartels. I'd rather starve then raise children in that environment.

The Blacks voted black because they know instinctively that Obama will loot and burn everything White America has worked for and towards, and redeposit the gains inside the failing bureau of Social Security, Welfare, and Housing. Because the majority of Blacks will never change, and will never educate themselves, and will never excel, no matter the amount of options and opportunity they are handed and force fed. They will leach this nation of money, spread disease and crime, and in the end, make it no better to live here then most parts of Africa.

As for me, having spent my entire life clawing my way up from poverty, using the Military to advance myself, and still managing to work only the lowest of jobs, I will find everything I have struggled with in life waiting for me. I see Obama as a return to poverty for myself, and my twenty-four years as a complete waste of time. I had only a modicum of chance to move forward in station, but now I see that the color of my skin will decide the next four years, of wether I manage to make a life for myself, or die trying.
Screw Loose
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=405868096 Haha I ain't gonna complain

How readily available is vocational training to all classes and races, and is it always equally available? (An actual question, not a smartass remark) Because i know straight schooling and college opportunities sure as fuck aren't

I'll make a full post as soon as i find this out
Jovin109
QUOTE(Sittin @ Nov 5 2008, 01:26 AM) [snapback]1470775[/snapback]
I'm ok with the whole Obamarama fare, and i thought his acceptance speech was very good... but...

Come on. As soon as 11pm eastern ticked the dial all the news hosts were all set to talk to a few of there token pundits to talk about what the election meant for them... about how they deserved it... about how this whole election is more special to black people than anyone else... about how this will "change" things for black poeple... about how this won't be a "joe the plummer" society anymore, and will instead be a "Horhay the illegal immigrant collecting welfare" type of nation... about how by 2040 the people who founded the nation will be overtaken by immigrants... about how "historic" the night is...

Jesus. Shut the fuck up. Black people who choose to make it CAN. They aren't retarded and they don't need some kinda special 'help tha black person" welfare program. Having a black president won't solve their problems. If a teenagers baby's daddy doesn't hang around to be part of the family, then your going to have a problem there... if the pimps and hoes can't get it together and use some safe sex, there are going to be problems there. Pretending that your typical run-of-the-mill politician is going to be able to solve anything is just rediculous. People change things, not politicians.

Obama may be better than other choices, but he isn't the messiah. And everyone shouldn't revere him so much. In the end we've build him up to a "kenedy"status. There is no way he is going to be able to meet the nations expectations of him, and ultimately he has very little to do with what actually happens in congress. That will be up to congress, maybe he'll sign a bill or two.

It makes me sick about how people are so proud of themselves over Obama's election. You didn't do anything. You were bought. Every campain speech, debate, and commercial was one big marketing ploy to own you. You bought it and voted... whoopty doo. It's not a chore anyway, its a privelege. Don't be so proud of yourself for deciding that after 10 years of being apathetic to the concerns of the nation you finally decided to get off your ass and "vote for change".

You had a shot four years ago and completely blew it. The difference between four years ago and today is that Obama was a better sales man, you had nothing to do with it. The pride that people have for this election is completely rediculous.

The news channels had better start talking about what this means for the majority of americans, that is, white Americans. Not because we are more important, but because there are a lot of white americans who just don't believe in Obama's dreams and can't stand the taste of the self-important arrogant pride of those people who were bought by the Obama campaign. I don't think it's wise news outlets (CNN) to say that people like Joe The plummer don't matter anymore, that the working white class doesn't matter anymore. I'm sure all these well educated liberal tv personalities may think they are being proper, but this kind of talk will only breed hate.

Now lets get on that Obamarama bus! Guess who will wind up sitting in the back!

Be proud america! Be proud of what you have done and what we have accomplished! God bless us and god bless the new America...

ffs.

You have got to be kidding me. That was the most poorly written, arrogant, white supremacist piece of garbage I've ever read.
Let's dissect your assertion. However, before I begin, I would like to state that replying to this post is a waste of both mine and your time. For, you will you merely lump this reply into the trash along with every other viewpoint that dissents from your own.

You begin by saying how these liberal news stations keep stating that this election will "'change' things for black people." In and of itself, the election will not directly change things for African-Americans. However, it can be seen as a milestone. 60 years ago, this would never be possible and the very thought of a black president would be laughed at. This gives hope (yes, an Obama buzz word) to many people and can inspire them to achieve great things.

You discuss how "by 2040 the people who founded the nation will be overtaken by immigrants." This may be one of the most distasteful comments in your post. First of all, America would not be here if it wasn't for immigrants. This nation was founded by immigrants. So just as England cannot be overtake by more English, theoretically America can't be "overtaken" by Immigrants. I would also like to see your source for that information. As of today, Immigrants (even the illegal ones) are taking jobs that Americans (your definition of an American), will not do. There is a demand for immigrants, and if we were able to cut off the borders and kick out every illegal immigrant America would be facing more than one major problem.

In your next paragraph, after I sifted through the numerous racial slurs, I concluded you were trying to say that people in poverty need to pick themselves up from the bootstraps and fix their own problems. I think there is a lot of validity to this, however, I also believe that these people may need a helping a hand. There tends to be a problem when a family cannot afford to go to University. The Politician cannot solve these problems directly, but indirectly they can help pass legislation which may give people the hand they need. For example, they could pass a bill stating that if you are in the bottom 20% of the income pool University is free at any state school. To reiterate what I was saying, the government can't help someone if they are not willing to help themselves.

Obama has been built up, but no one, to my knowledge, has ever compared him to Kennedy. This being said, Obama has great potential to change the way the world sees the United States and he also has the ability to motivate people and hopefully lead us out of this recession (although there hasn't been 2 negative GDP quarters in a row yet).

You go off into a bit of a tangent talking about how people's votes "were bought" in this huge marketing scheme (it sounds like a bit of a conspiracy theory to me). Of course people watched the debates and speeches: this is how you gain insight into the candidates and find their beliefs (among other things). Yes, you're right the candidate you voted for now owns you!!! I think you're onto something, let's all lock ourselves in our houses and avoid any of the evil advertisements trying to steal our souls.

Last, you first state that "ultimately [Obama] has very little to do with what actually happens in congress." However you chalk up the downfall of white America to Obama being elected. Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a slight problem in that logic.

So go ahead, let's get on the Obamarama bus (and leave the narrow-minded individuals in the dust, no matter their color, income class, or background).

For the rest of you... Be proud america! Be proud of what you have done and what we have accomplished! This election taking America into the 21st century (well, most of us).
Heartless
QUOTE(Jovin109 @ Nov 5 2008, 04:22 AM) [snapback]1470784[/snapback]
For the rest of you... Be proud america! Be proud of what you have done and what we have accomplished! This election taking America into the 21st century (well, most of us).

Fun fact: America invented the 21st century.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(Heartless @ Nov 5 2008, 07:25 AM) [snapback]1470779[/snapback]
I've always felt a little discriminated against, living in this country as a white person, and I've always been consciously aware of the idiocy of this system. That, somehow, as a white person, or rather a person in general, I should ever feel inferior to another person, especially over something as the color of the skin, seems shocking, and wild, and strangely alien. Especially, indeed, that this is my land, no matter the actions I, as a descendent of the white race, took to claim it, convert it, and colonize it. What matters is that, I live here now and I am the majority and I deserve to own what is my birthright and assume the mastery of all that I survey. It is insane that I live as a second class personage in this era, where we have spent centuries overcoming bigotry and intolerance, only to be delivered into a wholly minority centric society aimed at defrauding the main populace of this nation.

Only in the White West do we find a climate of submission that encourages minorities to grow and prosper at the expense of everyone in range; to use them up and burn out resources others have labored for so long to gather. It is no small correlation that whites are the richest, and the most educated and often heads of large companies - and the blacks are the poorest and most under educated, with the highest numbers of welfare users and wasted tax dollars in the education system. You can plainly witness these truths on the Student Aide forms, in the section where it asks your race and gender, to better estimate how much money you are worth. Because those horrible Whites are holding Blackie back, and that his shadowy right hand hovers over the project walls and denies them advancement. If we don't let them in, they will be bussed in by truck, by train, and if needed, tank.

Stereotypes it seems, are never ending, as this country seems to thrive on the idea that Whites are the magnificent leaders of the world, and bastions of fiscal propriety. Instead, the media never highlights the underlying layer of poverty and disability in White America, for those who live day to day, dying a little more. If I only I were black, one could justly assume, the government would support me and pay for my housing and food. But I am White, and I work too hard, so Section 8 is beyond me, and I make too much for Food Stamps. Besides, the Government has allowed the Blacks to convert the projects and governmental housing into training camps for gangs and drug running cartels. I'd rather starve then raise children in that environment.

The Blacks voted black because they know instinctively that Obama will loot and burn everything White America has worked for and towards, and redeposit the gains inside the failing bureau of Social Security, Welfare, and Housing. Because the majority of Blacks will never change, and will never educate themselves, and will never excel, no matter the amount of options and opportunity they are handed and force fed. They will leach this nation of money, spread disease and crime, and in the end, make it no better to live here then most parts of Africa.

As for me, having spent my entire life clawing my way up from poverty, using the Military to advance myself, and still managing to work only the lowest of jobs, I will find everything I have struggled with in life waiting for me. I see Obama as a return to poverty for myself, and my twenty-four years as a complete waste of time. I had only a modicum of chance to move forward in station, but now I see that the color of my skin will decide the next four years, of wether I manage to make a life for myself, or die trying.
If you're serious, get the Hell out of forums of reasonable debate and go hang about in FreeRepublic. If not...character trolling is the worst kind. Take it to StormFront.
HongKongPhooey
yea heartless is a fucking tool, hes all whaaaaaaaaah i used military to progress in life but now im a normal citizen whaaaaaah i get paid like shit whaaaaaaaaah.

rich white pricks have always ran america its a minorities turn. if you voted mccain your just a ignorant fuck, and as you can see with the 349 to 145 electoral vote america says fuck whitey.

i seriously danced all night at work when a customer told me obama won.
Jovin109
QUOTE(Heartless @ Nov 5 2008, 02:25 AM) [snapback]1470779[/snapback]

As for you, when I first read your post, I thought you were being so extremely moronic that I thought you were righting a parody. after the third paragraph I realized I was not so fortunate. You are ignorant and a big disgrace, to a good role model of mine (opposed to the bad ones), Sir Charles Darwin. He had hoped that morons like you would have died off by now.And to finish with saying from Adam Sander "We are all dumber for now, for reading that post. You are wrong and I deduct 1,000 points."
Qdeathstar
QUOTE(Jovin109 @ Nov 5 2008, 09:22 AM) [snapback]1470784[/snapback]
You have got to be kidding me. That was the most poorly written, arrogant, white supremacist piece of garbage I've ever read.
Let's dissect your assertion. However, before I begin, I would like to state that replying to this post is a waste of both mine and your time. For, you will you merely lump this reply into the trash along with every other viewpoint that dissents from your own.

It's not racist. I have no problem with the fact that a politician, Obama, won the election.

You begin by saying how these liberal news stations keep stating that this election will "'change' things for black people." In and of itself, the election will not directly change things for African-Americans. However, it can be seen as a milestone.
Yeah, its a milestone, maybe, but it's not a watershed moment or anything. A lot of people need to get over the whole "We black folks" attitute and need to focus on reassuring the rest of america that this is one america. The token pundits on CNN and other media outlets tend to say that this election is historic for black people and minorities, and that nothing else matters...

You discuss how "by 2040 the people who founded the nation will be overtaken by immigrants." This may be one of the most distasteful comments in your post. First of all, America would not be here if it wasn't for immigrants.

Yes, but the quality of the immigrants in the 1700s and 1800s is very different that the quality of immigrants entering the country now. In the 1700s and 1880s people moved to america for opportunity, freedom of religion, and freedom of ideas. Nowadays, many immigrants come to America to celebrate the many welfare systems our country offers.

I would also like to see your source for that information.
A political pundit on CNN said that by 2040 the nation will consist of more minorities (hispanics mainly) that whites....

As of today, Immigrants (even the illegal ones) are taking jobs that Americans (your definition of an American), will not do. There is a demand for immigrants, and if we were able to cut off the borders and kick out every illegal immigrant America would be facing more than one major problem.

This isn't a job problem. I have no problem with immigrants working for below minimum wage with no benefits and no welfare. I have a problem when we are changing american ballots to read in spanish and other languages, when we are talking about removing the english speaking requirement for becomming a citizen, ect.

In your next paragraph, after I sifted through the numerous racial slurs, I concluded you were trying to say that people in poverty need to pick themselves up from the bootstraps and fix their own problems. I think there is a lot of validity to this, however, I also believe that these people may need a helping a hand. There tends to be a problem when a family cannot afford to go to University. The Politician cannot solve these problems directly, but indirectly they can help pass legislation which may give people the hand they need. For example, they could pass a bill stating that if you are in the bottom 20% of the income pool University is free at any state school. To reiterate what I was saying, the government can't help someone if they are not willing to help themselves.
Racial slurs? Black people refere to themselves as pimps and hoes and niggas. Those aren't racial slurs. Or is whitey not allowed to use them? A double standard, eh?

As far as offering help for education, im for it. However, the fact of the matter is that many minorities are given extra points just becuase they are minority. Affirmative action. Its fine if you are going to give bright students who can't pay for college money for college, but at the same time you have to ensure that they have worked hard to earn it in highschool. Not everyone should go to college. You can't offer to pay their college and at the same time say that even though they don't really meet the requirements to get into the college, they will get admitted because of their race.

Obama has been built up, but no one, to my knowledge, has ever compared him to Kennedy.

No, not by word. But the way people revere him is scary.

You go off into a bit of a tangent talking about how people's votes "were bought" in this huge marketing scheme (it sounds like a bit of a conspiracy theory to me). Of course people watched the debates and speeches: this is how you gain insight into the candidates and find their beliefs (among other things). Yes, you're right the candidate you voted for now owns you!!! I think you're onto something, let's all lock ourselves in our houses and avoid any of the evil advertisements trying to steal our souls.
My point there is that he is a politician, not a messiah. He's no different that Mc Cain, Clinton, or any of the political cronies.

Last, you first state that "ultimately [Obama] has very little to do with what actually happens in congress." However you chalk up the downfall of white America to Obama being elected.

No, i didn't say tha this is the downfall of white america. I said that political pundits are talking as if it is. I think that is highly irresposible behavior but in their self rightous mind they are just being "not racist".

What have you personally accomplished? You shouldn't be proud of anything. Its your responsibility to vote, and thats all you did.

QUOTE(HongKongPhooey @ Nov 5 2008, 03:08 PM) [snapback]1470805[/snapback]

yea heartless is a fucking tool, hes all whaaaaaaaaah i used military to progress in life but now im a normal citizen whaaaaaah i get paid like shit whaaaaaaaaah.

rich white pricks have always ran america its a minorities turn. if you voted mccain your just a ignorant fuck, and as you can see with the 349 to 145 electoral vote america says fuck whitey.

This is the kind of rediculous attitude i was talking about in the 5th and 6th paragraphs....

Heartless' post has the type of fear/ect that i said was being spread by poltical pundits (unintentially) in the 2nd and 6th paragraphs.
bOnEs
QD's completely right... just because we elected a man preaching change doesn't mean change will happen... we still have the same old bastards in congress who DO NOT want change, and probably will vote for no change... thus keeping us in this state of peril... i do applaud that obama was elected by his message of change because, it reflects through the citizens that we want to change, and it needs to start with the government... it means we still have a voice, and last night the voice was herd by the government...

the only big positive i take from this election is the fact that voter turnout was better than it's ever been... fuck whoever gets into office because really it doesn't matter, policy-wise (IMHO both parties are the same), the main concern has always been the government... and with a nice voter turnout, it shows the government that people still do care what goes on in washington... but, chances are we're too deep in the rabbit hole already...

...and about the blacks... they're still gonna get what they want and they always will... and that is truly sad that white america has been ignored for so long, just so we can see the black progress absolutely nowhere... when you give a white man an opportunity, he usually breaks his neck to keep it... when you give a black man an opportunity, he stands there with his hands out, looking for more... now, i am not saying all blacks are this way, i am saying that the mojority of them that make up the classification of a poor black man are this way...

QD's right in saying that immigrants and american minorities do come here for the benefits, and no longer care about the american dream... it's sad that this country is going bankrupt, when they could take these billions of dollars they are wasting on people that don't need welfare, and put it to better use... but, that'll never ever happen...
Indy
All of this, everything, is just talk. I can't wait to see what Obama does.
Heartless
QUOTE(HongKongPhooey @ Nov 5 2008, 10:08 AM) [snapback]1470805[/snapback]

Did someone say forums of reasonable debate? I'm going to assume you're either black, or you wish you were.

QUOTE(Jovin109 @ Nov 5 2008, 11:34 AM) [snapback]1470823[/snapback]
As for you, when I first read your post, I thought you were being so extremely moronic that I thought you were righting a parody. after the third paragraph I realized I was not so fortunate. You are ignorant and a big disgrace, to a good role model of mine (opposed to the bad ones), Sir Charles Darwin. He had hoped that morons like you would have died off by now.And to finish with saying from Adam Sander "We are all dumber for now, for reading that post. You are wrong and I deduct 1,000 points."

Amusingly, I had the same thought when I saw on the TV that Obama had become the next President. Besides, if you want to start waxing natural selection, the same could be for yourself and anyone else who makes an argument with an Adam Sandler quotation.
Styl
Someone sounds bitter. You know what they say about those who are bitter....
QUOTE(Heartless @ Nov 5 2008, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1470852[/snapback]
Besides, if you want to start waxing natural selection, the same could be for yourself and anyone else who makes an argument with an Adam Sandler quotation.

I definitely LOL'ed at that, though.
NIGGALICIOUS
Obama can be a great thing for America. For once in my life I'm actually proud to say that I'm an American Citizen, not because Obama is black, but because of what he stands for. He is what America is all about. He wasn't handed the silver spoon he had a hard life and worked his ass off to get to where he is today. I like this talk of change, and I support Obama 200%. I don't hate McCain. He's a great man who served our country, his speach oon Tuesday night was filled with emotion, even though he had been defeated, you can't help but respect the man for what he has done if you like him or not. This election will go down in history, and being black I would say that this isn't going to change everything. I really do not believe things will be much different with him being black. I do feel better about my country for the reason that most other countries outside the United States seem to Hate president Bush and John McCain, and they seem to think that we all live in a racist, ulrta violent country. Having Obama as president makes USA look better to others to show we arent so racist and this and that. But to me him being black doesnt really affect me all that much. I voted for Obama because he seems like hes more for the everyday working man, while McBush seemed to be for the rich only, and he was way too much into continuing Bush bullshit. http://www.therealmccain.com
Hardcore Ottoman
Because none of the posts so far will mean jack shit until we wait and see, I will just point out that Darwin did not make a correlation between intelligence and survival. Whoever said that is a moron. You obviously didn't do your research.
Heartless
QUOTE(Phil Mipe Enos @ Nov 5 2008, 07:19 PM) [snapback]1470873[/snapback]
Obama can be a great thing for America. For once in my life I'm actually proud to say that I'm an American Citizen, not because Obama is black, but because of what he stands for. He is what America is all about. He wasn't handed the silver spoon he had a hard life and worked his ass off to get to where he is today. I like this talk of change, and I support Obama 200%. I don't hate McCain. He's a great man who served our country, his speach oon Tuesday night was filled with emotion, even though he had been defeated, you can't help but respect the man for what he has done if you like him or not. This election will go down in history, and being black I would say that this isn't going to change everything. I really do not believe things will be much different with him being black. I do feel better about my country for the reason that most other countries outside the United States seem to Hate president Bush and John McCain, and they seem to think that we all live in a racist, ulrta violent country. Having Obama as president makes USA look better to others to show we arent so racist and this and that. But to me him being black doesnt really affect me all that much. I voted for Obama because he seems like hes more for the everyday working man, while McBush seemed to be for the rich only, and he was way too much into continuing Bush bullshit. http://www.therealmccain.com

I like the irony in this post with your avatar. Top form.
Skinny 
Wah wah, people want to help the less fortunate. Do you people really think that people in crime ridden slums, really have the same oppurtunities as kdis in suburbia?

about how this won't be a "joe the plummer" society anymore
I'm sick of hearing about this guy. his taxes will only be raised by 4%, and only if he earns more than $250, 000 a year (wich I doubt he does). Most small businesses take in less than that. Plus, you said you would "vote for Clinton again, even being a republican". This is exactly what taxes were under him...

and will instead be a "Horhay the illegal immigrant collecting welfare" type of nation... about

Well, I support the free movement of people, though I do agree we shouldn't just give hand outs to everyone. At least, not people who don't have kids.

how by 2040 the people who founded the nation will be overtaken by immigrants...
I don't know why republicans have this vendetta against immigrants. A good percentage of these immigrants start their own business, wich is a good thing in a worl where nearly every business on a block is controlled by the same company.

Having a black president won't solve their problems. If a teenagers baby's daddy doesn't hang around to be part of the family, then your going to have a problem there... if the pimps and hoes can't get it together and use some safe sex, there are going to be problems there. Pretending that your typical run-of-the-mill politician is going to be able to solve anything is just rediculous. People change things, not politicians.

It's not historic becuase he is going to save them. South Africa had a black president... and there' still lots of racism there. It's historic becuase less than 50 years ago black people had to use diffrent () drinking fountains, and sit on the back of the bus. Now one of them is president. Pretty historic.

As for change, it is a fitting slogan when you are running against Bush II.

In the end we've build him up to a "kenedy"status.
I don't really blame them, he sure as hell reminds me of Kennedy. He is comming into office in the same situation as Kennedy (war, recession). They are even the same age. Someone on CNN said this, and it might be true. That this is the time when the great presidents come out. Depression and World War II = FDR, Vietnam = Kennedy, Recession and the Cold War = Reagan. I could go on...

he has very little to do with what actually happens in congress

His party has a majority in both houses. They can basically do whatever they like. Kind of scarey, but either way, he has alot to do with what happens.

People change things, not politicians.
I love when Republicans say things like this. I agree that politicaians aren't the ones who change things... but you are the ones who want them to. You want the government to make you a better person by keeping you off drugs (by force). Republicans spew this hyperbole about limited government, but are fine wihth the governemnt patrolling the borders, braking down doors to stop consented sex (if its paid for) and to put out a joint. Where does personal responsibility come in?

The pride that people have for this election is completely rediculous.

Like I said before, a black president in a country that practised racial segregation not that long ago is a big deal.

More republican hyperbole. What evidence do you have that he will put blacks before whites?
Heartless
[youtube]vRa60lbxTpE[/youtube]
HongKongPhooey
me black? no, me wishing i was black i think not, you being even more ignorant in each post? obviously

im irish and damn proud of it my ancestors built america and were discriminated against profuesly then volunteered to fight for slavery to be abolished. Im just tired of single minded old rich men making my "freedom" less than.

Obama is going to change america and change is always good it signifies the progression of the human race.

Oh by the way Sarah Palin vice pres my ass, mccain tried to pull the vote for me i support womens rights, but trying to have a dumb bitch from alaska who knows absolutely nothing about the people is so fucking retarded it blows my mind.
Lee
Obama has been researching pets to buy for the whitehouse. He didn't want the traditional puppy dog so instead he decided for something a bit different, a Lama, which will come to be known as the Obamalama.
Hardcore Ottoman
I'd also like to point out that Kennedy was a fucking moron too, why do people like him? Because he was shot? The man was not ready for the job and he handled it poorly... FDR wasn't too great of a guy either. Some of the shit he tried to do to pass more of his New Deal....
TwoFacedTanner
Okay guys, we can't complain.

According to AOL news.

Obama has made being an American cooler than the other side of the pillow.
So apparently everyone loves us?
Skinny 
QUOTE(SOADdict @ Nov 7 2008, 06:36 AM) [snapback]1470931[/snapback]
I'd also like to point out that Kennedy was a fucking moron too, why do people like him? Because he was shot? The man was not ready for the job and he handled it poorly...

You're right, communism was no threat, who needed Kennedy? It would have went away on it's own rolleyes.gif

Yeah right...
Lee
QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Nov 7 2008, 06:55 AM) [snapback]1470980[/snapback]
Okay guys, we can't complain.

According to AOL news.

Obama has made being an American cooler than the other side of the pillow.
So apparently everyone loves us?

Not sure it makes you "cool" but having the balls to break with tradition and try something new means other countries have more respect for Americans (at least until they run in to trashtalking American kids on xbox live!). Obama was the favoured candidate for people living outside of America so we like it that you voted him in.
TwoFacedTanner
I couldnt get it to work, but yeah, this is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=%20b5p3OB6roAg
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Nov 7 2008, 02:48 AM) [snapback]1470981[/snapback]
I'd also like to point out that Kennedy was a fucking moron too, why do people like him? Because he was shot? The man was not ready for the job and he handled it poorly...

You're right, communism was no threat, who needed Kennedy? It would have went away on it's own rolleyes.gif

Yeah right...

Kennedy didn't end communism. He got lucky because his opponent behind the curtain turned out to be a pussy and was later ousted. Kennedy still goes down as a moron in my book.
Skinny 
QUOTE(SOADdict @ Nov 8 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]1471024[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Nov 7 2008, 02:48 AM) [snapback]1470981[/snapback]

Yeah right...

Kennedy didn't end communism. He got lucky because his opponent behind the curtain turned out to be a pussy and was later ousted. Kennedy still goes down as a moron in my book.

Assuming you're talking about Cuba, he fought communism all over the world, paticularly in latin america.

Given the nature of this topic, I think this is what Que meant when he said "kennedy status"

[youtube]AYuVKbEPgoc&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]vitqaJ7VKqQ&feature=related[/youtube]

deejay
congratulations white people u have a black president to punish for 4 years, though the previous 8 years was destroyed you crackers. i hope Obama can had all this shit America has become, but i dont understand why he would want the job when the previous regime fucked the pooch. well at least you crackers can watch a black dude sweat for 4 years lol, or maybe not who knows
1UP
I agree with QD for the most part, I am not all that great when it comes to politics, but people are praising him when he hasn't done anything yet. Despite how it will effect the US and maybe world, I'll laugh if he ends up a bad president still, what more could we do if that happens. All I see on the news is they talk about how great he is, and if they say any real reasons why it is about what he has promised, and we all know they do exactly what they promise. rolleyes.gif

It seems the older generation of blacks see this as a point in history, which it is, however it is not a reason to glorify him and for the most part it seems it is all they care about, possibly just a chip on some shoulders. It does make me wonder just how many people voted for him because that one reason of him being black. It will be a big pain if this was all just foolishness of the people. Even tho I voted for him, I plan to hold my opinion of if he was a good choice or not until hes changed something that matters, hopefully it was the right choice. If you asked me it is irrelevant that he is the first black president, right now there are far more important things to think about.

Really now, Kennedy... Who fucking cares. This world today is much different then that one, this can go anywhere. Same circumstances at a complete different point in time, I doubt things could possibly go the same way, could be worse, could be better, we will be finding out either way.

QUOTE(deejay @ Nov 7 2008, 11:41 PM) [snapback]1471029[/snapback]
congratulations white people u have a black president to punish for 4 years, though the previous 8 years was destroyed you crackers. i hope Obama can had all this shit America has become, but i don't understand why he would want the job when the previous regime fucked the pooch. well at least you crackers can watch a black dude sweat for 4 years lol, or maybe not who knows

Someone decode this and tell me what he's on about?
Skinny 
QUOTE(Heartless @ Nov 5 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]1470779[/snapback]
Especially, indeed, that this is my land, no matter the actions I, as a descendent of the white race, took to claim it, convert it, and colonize it.

This is one of the stupidest things I've read on this forum. Or any other for that matter. Blacks came here at the same time as whites, except teh blacks were slaves to the whites.

What matters is that, I live here now and I am the majority and I deserve to own what is my birthright and assume the mastery of all that I survey.
What the fuck are you talking about?

It is insane that I live as a second class personage in this era, where we have spent centuries overcoming bigotry and intolerance, only to be delivered into a wholly minority centric society aimed at defrauding the main populace of this nation.

You don't live as second calss personage. You just all out suck at life, and think you can blame it on "not being black".. while ironiclally, you say blacks blame everything on "not being white".

Only in the White West do we find a climate of submission that encourages minorities to grow and prosper at the expense of everyone in range; to use them up and burn out resources others have labored for so long to gather. It is no small correlation that whites are the richest, and the most educated and often heads of large companies - and the blacks are the poorest and most under educated, with the highest numbers of welfare users and wasted tax dollars in the education system.
Clearly you know fuck all about economics, your government and how it works. It's not as simple as turning up at a welfare office and saying "I'm black, see? Gimme all of everyones money". It's not as simple as just getting up and getting a job when there are no businesses anywhere near your home, since people are too poor to open their own, and people from the outside are too scared to come and open one up. They would have to buy a car, wich they can scarecely afford. They end up turning to selling crack to raise their kids, and since that's illegal, they end up going to jail and getting shot, wich raises property values from all the shootings, and makes it impossible to sell thier houses. I do agree that "the best social program is a job" (as Reagan said, even though he's responsible for so much poverty in his own country). I'm not some bleeding heart liberal who wants to tax you to no end and give your money away-- I'm not for the welfare state at all, but it's just not as simple as "Whites=hard working good citizens, Blacks=freeloaders, who never should have been let out of slavery if they can't survive on their own". Get a clue.

Stereotypes it seems, are never ending, as this country seems to thrive on the idea that Whites are the magnificent leaders of the world, and bastions of fiscal propriety. Instead, the media never highlights the underlying layer of poverty and disability in White America, for those who live day to day, dying a little more. If I only I were black, one could justly assume, the government would support me and pay for my housing and food.

Further ignorance. If you are poor enough, AND have kids, the government will give you food stamps and put you in a housing commission (if there's room). They don't have some machine that spits out all the white peopls's applications for federal assistance.

But I am White, and I work too hard, so Section 8 is beyond me, and I make too much for Food Stamps.
And you don't think there are blacks that work "too" hard?

Besides, the Government has allowed the Blacks to convert the projects and governmental housing into training camps for gangs and drug running cartels.

First off, projects and government housing commissions are the same thing. Furthermore, you don't seem to have a point here, and are just randomly rambling about how blacks are all drug dealers. As long as drugs are illegal they will be profitable businesses, and the poorest neibourhoods, even if they are not as poor as the projects, will always be involved.

I'd rather starve then raise children in that environment.
And have your kids starve too? Nice. rolleyes.gif

This has to be one of the most horrible things I've heard. There's no point using logic against you here, because you are just talking crap becuase you are ignorant to even the most simple realities in the system.

As for me, having spent my entire life clawing my way up from poverty, using the Military to advance myself, and still managing to work only the lowest of jobs, I will find everything I have struggled with in life waiting for me.

Funny you should say this, sicne half of the people in the military are of an ethic minority.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Nov 7 2008, 07:48 AM) [snapback]1470981[/snapback]

You're right, communism was no threat, who needed Kennedy? It would have went away on it's own :rolleyes:

Yeah right...
While I think Kennedy was a good leader, and it was terrible that he and Lincoln should be the ones to die and Reagan should be the survivor, the way any American leader dealt with Communism was bound to be by a series of blunt and ineffectual instruments, pandering to the remains of McCarthyism and general ignorance of what C/communism was.

Anyway, since I should be doing an essay now, I've finally found time to write my Internetreatise on the Obama presidency. Here goes the copypasta:

Silly Obama, Hegemony is for Republicans

or

Why Obama Needs to be Criticised

As much as a European can, I have campaigned for Obama for the last year. For months, I defended his campaign from accusations of catering to empty populism, ridiculed those who sook to attach significance to his politically inconvenient middle name, and argued many times long into the night with any American with the right to vote. To see me talking about him, you'd think he was my ideal candidate, and in many ways he was and is: A relatively left wing politician (though of course far right of anyone I would vote for in almost any other country, or in the best possible of worlds), a Democrat who would seek to cooperate with the hawks and socialists alike in the best interests of his country and the world. A black candidate, but one who campaigned on post-racial grounds rather than as the angry reparation-seeking Black Candidate. His rhetoric was clever, but light, as necessity would dictate. Most of all, it was centred around "change" -- not a good thing in itself, but it can only be seen as a good thing that the United States can recognise when it's been going wrong.

This said, Mr. Obama is not in fact my ideal president, due respect afforded. He owes to the financial industry what W did to the oil industry -- this cannot be a good thing. He is still one of the most right wing leaders in the world (though he is as left wing as America is likely to elect). And I know this sounds anti-American, but the fact that he's so popular in "Old Europe" and Africa means he, and his country, will be immune from a great deal of criticism that it might deserve. For this reason, I can see that I will perhaps become one of his harshest critics.

As I am very sure you all will have noticed, there is a real frenzy surrounding the man. During McCain's concession speech, America was so polarised, and Europe so united in euphoria, you'd be forgiven for thinking that the battle between liberalism and conservatism had been decidedly won. The teary-eyed American liberals that I watched Obama's acceptance speech with seem to have forgotten that their beloved president-elect barely won, by a marginsignificantly less than 10million votes. Considering we've had 4million majorities in this country, with our population barely one sixth the size, it's barely a universal mandate. Especially condsidering the hash that was made of the resulting premiership; Tony Blair left office in a storm of unpopularity some 10 years later, lying and dragging his nation kicking and campaigning into the Iraq war, central to his legacy.

Worse still, left-wing America seems to have bought into the massive corporate advertising campaign that has springboarded Obama to power. When a politican receives such worldwide adulation, the comparisons are generally first with Mandela, Ghandi and Washington, then Hitler and Stalin. Of course the reality is almost always closer to the middle. I don't buy into the myth of Obama the Antichrist, not least because I am an atheist, but there is a kernel of truth behind the accusations, if only because there was a great deal of allegorical truth in the biblical warnings that led to it. Such great trust should never be given to a man, by a community or as is now the case, by a world. Doubtless, his supporters will become his apologists as he makes mistakes, his defenders as he is rightfully criticised and his crutch as his policies stumble. I don't think this is acceptable. Granted, there will always be hardcore party faithful, more in America than in the UK (although we have party whips in this country, a pretty disgraceful idea as far as I can see, but I digress) who act as a buffer to ensure slightly unpopular decisions can get through the legislature in order to pursue a greater end.

This becomes a problem when the buffer comes too large and too effective. Obama's base of support is large enough, and devoted enough to do one of the most dangerous things history has shown. In the past, these buffer communities have justified reaching a laudible goal by unpopular methods: FDR's New Deal would be the obvious example. Communities of blind followers, or opponents of the opposition at least, were at least in part responsible for the success of the program. Not to say that this is healthy in a democracy, but it is at least acceptable in the eyes of most people, even if they would rather not see it written in such blunt terms. The danger begins occurring when the system stops resembling a chemical buffer solution, and starts resembling a deliberately regulated equilibrium. Various obvious examples of this exist throughout history -- all that is needed is a popular mandate (or an administration who doesn't care what its people think, Mr. Bush) and all kinds of atrocities can be rationally and democratically justified. All it takes is the right zeitgeist, nurtured by the right followers.

This is why the political classes should cast a skeptical eye over Obama's administration. This is why we all must question his decisions as we did George Bush's, and refuse to indulge in talk of "the lesser evil". As Europeans, we cannot afford to "give America a break". They do not need our condescension, for that is what it is. We should hold them to the same standards to which we hold ourselves, because to do any less is bordering on offensive. For Americans, I can only hope that few people buy into the Obama Dream so unmitigatingly that he can get away with murder as his predecessor did. He must be criticised, he must be held to account, and he must not blind us with his rhetoric. For anyone who had thought the battle had been won by the election of a black man, let me tell you, the war has just begun.

-JM

tl;dr Obama is the antichrist stone him
Hardcore Ottoman
I read that... and my short response is: I voted for Nader for a reason. I'm not dumb enough to choose the lesser evil anymore (well, when it comes to Presidential elections).

Goodnight.
Severus Snape
I have a few of my own thoughts I'd like to put out here, and then I have to respond to a post on the topic.

1. Communism, whether or not you admit it, works on paper. The idea that everyone gets the same amount is beautiful. Only problem is that you have to have someone in control of the whole thing, and that's where it fails.

2. Kennedy had nothing to do with ending communism. The guy was killed some 30+ years before the Soviet Union dissolved.

3. Whether or not Obama is black has nothing to do with his ability to be the president. The guy may suck, or he may not suck. The only way to tell will be to let him do his job for the next 4 years and then determine if he was good or not.

4. Yes, it's a milestone. A black man was elected as president. Not a big deal, really. A lot of people thought he was the best candidate for the job, and most of the people who voted for him could have cared less if he was black. I think he could have been green with pink polka dots and still would have been elected. Why? People in this country were tired of the republicans and how they were running the country.

5. I am actually GLAD that Obama got elected. (And this will sound extremely racist - and if it does, it only proves the point that black people are the ones who propogate racism in this country.) Black people can no longer say that the white man is holding them down. Obama proves that with hard work, ANYBODY can do ANYTHING - they just have to work for it.

And now, on to the post I have to respond to:

QUOTE(Jovin109 @ Nov 5 2008, 03:22 AM) [snapback]1470784[/snapback]

I always find it interesting that everyone in this country needs help in improving their lives and bettering themselves. Why is that? Why can't anyone just get off their lazy asses and do something for themselves once in a while? Yes, some people have advantages (money, legacy, etc.) that others don't. But that shouldn't give anyone the right to complain and bitch and say "I don't have anything, and nobody will help me, so I can't do anything other than be lazy and cry."

I, for one, and tired of my tax dollars being used for welfare and affirmative action policies. If you want something, go get it. If you are in a bad situation, do something to get out of it. Quit waiting for someone else to do it for you.
aquila.89
'1. Communism, whether or not you admit it, works on paper. The idea that everyone gets the same amount is beautiful. Only problem is that you have to have someone in control of the whole thing, and that's where it fails.'
- That and the fact that somebody like a surgeon who is saving peoples lives should probably be rewarded more than a council worker, who holds the 'slow down' sign at road works, lol.

'3. Whether or not Obama is black has nothing to do with his ability to be the president. The guy may suck, or he may not suck. The only way to tell will be to let him do his job for the next 4 years and then determine if he was good or not.'
- Agreed. Can't people get past the whole colour thing? The whole world is going on and on about how Obama is the first black President! WHO CARES!!!??? Just cause the pigmentation is his skin is different doesn't mean he is different intellectually.

'I, for one, and tired of my tax dollars being used for welfare and affirmative action policies. If you want something, go get it. If you are in a bad situation, do something to get out of it. Quit waiting for someone else to do it for you.'
- I agree with this too. I live in Australia so I am not completely up with how it works in America but in Australia we seem to have the same problem. I am still quite young and inexperienced (19 years old) but everything that I have wanted I have had to work for, nothing just falls into your lap. When will people start taking responsibility for themselves and stand up and say 'you know what, I had a shit start in life, but I am going to put my head down and work towards my dream'? The government shouldn't be relied on to do everything for you...if you want a job go and look for one, don't go down to centrelink and ask them to find one for you, or to pay you while you sit at home...sorry starting to ramble.

Moral of the post is...people should start taking more responsibility for themselves, there are too many people that want othe people to do the hard work for them!

P.S - this is a fairly general statement and I realise that individual circumstances may cause the need for extra help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.