Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nihilism
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Screw Loose
note: ANUS stands for American Nihilist Underground Society, ignore the hilarious name

These are very fun articles to read, and i would think i have a very good idea of what nihilism is and i can sympathize with it, this sure beats reading about another blind religion. Sorry, these articles are kind of long.

I'm looking forward to what Skinny or Juice would have to say about this.

http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/alexis/attachment/

http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/prozak/intransigence/

To the best of my knowlege, nihilism can be defined as a philosophy that praises and accepts the inevitable downfall and shortcomings of man, and to accept REALITY, and ignore modern distractions such as pop culture, politics, etc.

Any attempt to create safety for one's self like holding onto sentimental things, creating an unhealthy mental "comfort zone" for one's self, and remaining ignorant to unfortunate yet inevitable things are futile and only distract your mind from reality, be it ugly or beautiful. Not fatalism, but to accept everything and do the best to impose your idea of positive change on the world, and refuse to be negatively influenced by worldly things. BUT, thats only my interpretation, feel free to correct me.
Screw Loose
No replies yet? You guys r fukin gay
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
itc I would like to backseat mod.
asthenia
Hardcore Ottoman
I thought Nihilism was basically fuck everything do want you want because it doesn't matter in any grand scheme of things. I guess I was wrong. Nihilism was posited by Nietzsche, right? Dunno the history of it.
Darth Sexy
QUOTE(SOADdict @ Nov 2 2008, 10:40 AM) [snapback]1470523[/snapback]
I thought Nihilism was basically fuck everything do want you want because it doesn't matter in any grand scheme of things. I guess I was wrong. Nihilism was posited by Nietzsche, right? Dunno the history of it.

I thought that too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.